This is probably a bit sad, but...

Options
...I just managed to run for two minutes.

That sounds pathetic. But two years ago my life was completely changed by a diagnosis of endometriosis, and the idea of doing anything involving that much impact has been a complete no-go.

I've been trying to find solutions for ages, sometimes helped by the medical profession and sometimes not, and put two-and-a-half stone on in the process. Ten days ago I went and got myself fitted for running shoes in the hope I might, one day, be able to start.

On a brisk walk around our local lake tonight, I looked up and saw there was no one on the path in front of me for as far as I could see. So, certainly not prepared for a run, I ran.

Yes, there was some pain. And I have no idea how I will feel tomorrow. But I just actually RAN in my new running shoes, and I think I can class it as a minor victory!!!!

Replies

• maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Its not pathetic. You are making progress and you deserve to be happy about that!!! Do not take away from your success!!!

Congrats on your first step in the right direction :) you will do great!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Baby steps :) We all start somewhere. Good stuff
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Huh. Sounds like you are on week 2 of Couch to 5K:

Week Two: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

If so you are in with the in-crowd! Because there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of people on this site who have done week 2 (and many who are currently doing week 2)

And we are all glorious. (and so are you - so get used to it, because this is the first of many "I can do it" moments for you)
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all! Kudos to you for just doing it!

We all have to start somewhere, and you just got your start! You will progress from here and do better and better every time you get out there!
  • kadase
    kadase Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :happy: This isn't pathetic. It is a victory so claim it as yours I hope you're not in pain tomorrow and you can try again!
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    Wee done!
    I don't know you, but I'm really proud of you. You got out there and tried, one step is all it takes :)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • jgagnon1
    jgagnon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YAHOOOOO good for you!!!!
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, love hearing the victory!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    it is two minutes more than a lot of people...its a start! congrats!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I"ve lost 60+ lbs and have not yet attempted to try to run. Kudos to you for be brave and doing it!
  • jacz83
    jacz83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    progress is progress!

BOOYA!~
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I read a story on here that someone started by walking only half way down their drive way and eventually did a 5KM run. It is not sad, it is FANTASTIC!!!:drinker:
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    Woohoo! Good for you! It's just the beginning .....:wink:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Great job!
  • mevongkunthong
    mevongkunthong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere. :-) That is hardly pathetic. 10 points for you!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    congrats but do be careful. I'm clueless on the complexities of endometriosis. don't do anything that would set you back. hang in there and at least keep walking.
  • jennishell
    Options
    Not pathetic at all. Great job!!!!!!
  • freesoul
    freesoul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey...C25k, run 30 seconds walk 2 minutes- is how I started. And I ran a marathon last year- and 2 half marathons as well. We all have to start somewhere!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone, you've made me realise just how big that two minutes was :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!