This is probably a bit sad, but...

Replies

• paynebearclan
    paynebearclan Posts: 19 Member
    I once did a Couch to 5k plan. I never went passed the first time. It KICKED my butt. So happy for you! You must have felt great afterwards. (Maybe not physically). I can't even imagine WALKING 2 minutes at this point. I can't believe I let myself get to this point. And...it's not "sad" ...it's AWESOME! YOU GO GIRL!!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Well done! The first time I tried to run, I almost made it to 30 seconds and had to rest for two days. That was two years ago. Yesterday I felt like an easy run so I ran six miles in about an hour. It took me weeks to work up to two minutes at first. Then I found c25k, continued with bridge to 10 k, and am now on my second round of training for a half marathon.
    You are amazing to me for being able to do two minutes first time out. Take it slow, there is no rush. The only person you have to impress is yourself :)
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    You rock!!! This is not sad, but freaking awesome!!!! You're amazing!!
  • Lemongiggles
    Lemongiggles Posts: 10 Member
    It’s not sad at all! The important thing is that you are MOVING! This ran is completely fantastic! We are proud of you! Don't stop! 2 minutes can turn into 3 minutes, then 4 minutes, and then you are running miles! Way to go girl!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    That is not pathetic at all. I almost cried the first time I ran for two minutes because I didn't think I could do it and I did. Anything that you can do is a step in the right direction. There is no small victories!!! Keep moving for your health!!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Good job! When I first started with the C25K program, I couldn't even run 30 seconds. Be proud of yoursef!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I ran.

victory!!!!

Edited for troof!

There ya go!
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Not a bit pathetic -- you're awesome!!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    That's not sad that's great! When I started exercising again I could only run for a minute or less lol. I had NO stamina. Four months later I'm up to 35 mins nonstop. You will get there!
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Not sad at all, you did great. Then it is only baby steps to make each day better than the last.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    I had endometriosis for 16 years before I finally got rid of it. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Best decision I've ever made! Now I can actually work out and just do normal daily activities without constant pain! Good luck in your journey.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    I am on week 2 of C25K and I certainly don't think this is ridiculous! :) WTG!
  • karebearandken
    karebearandken Posts: 26 Member
    That's not just a minor victory...it's a MAJOR victory!! WAY TO GO!!!!! :smile:
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    That is a great NSV! Running is hard enough for people without medical difficulties. I remember the first time I ran 2 block without stopping. I felt like I'd just finished a marathon. Keep up the good work!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I cried when I ran a minute and a half
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    you did something that you once thought you couldn't do....

NOTHING pathetic about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lady1945
    Lady1945 Posts: 10 Member
    So proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will win with positive actions like that.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    KICK *kitten*!!! go you!!!!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    So pleased to hear that some people have been inspired by this - what an unexpected bonux! Again, thank you all for your amazing words. I seem to have woken up OK this morning, although I had a bit of trouble sleeping.

I think I might just try that again :)
  • harriett70
    harriett70 Posts: 4 Member
    Way to go!! I am happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!