This is probably a bit sad, but...

Options

Replies

• 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Your moving and that is great. I haven't been diagnosed with anything other than being obese and when I started I could only jog for 2 minutes. But then I pushed a little more and it was 5 and then 8 and now I can job for 23 minutes straight, which is a great accomplishment for me. It doesn't matter what other people can do, as long as you are moving, building a sweat, getting your heart rate up, you are better off then not doing anything. Keep it up!!!
  • latinpr
    latinpr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all. Any minor progress is still progress. I get all giddy when I can do one more pushup from week to week. It's a huge mental accomplishment for you! Try a minute progress every other day and before you know it you're running a marathon.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I remember when I started my C25K and i could barely run for the 60 seconds. You WILL get better given time but do listen to ypur body.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OMG that's awesome! I love your story!! Sounds like something I'd do.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    There is nothing pathetic about that! That is longer than I could run.
    I have the C25K app on my phone, but haven't completed it. I only got to the start of week 2 (because I was too lazy to keep trying to run).

You have inspired me to start it again.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Good on you, it is such an exilerating feeling when you do something you thought you could not do. I have never been able to run, but did a few weeks back and hope to be able to do it more. Congrats!!!!
  • Darkeyedemt
    Darkeyedemt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not sad at all.....great job lady :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No. MAJOR victory!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    And how long was the Wright Brothers' first flight? I think it was about the same time and look what that led to.

Congratulations on your milestone!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Every small step contributes to an eventual leap. Good luck to you, and I'M PROUD OF YOU! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Back in the day when I was a runner, that's how I began, one minute, then two, then...well you get the point, until I was doing marathons and triathlons. Not saying this is your goal, just that you shouldn't feel sad that over 2 minutes, feel victorious!!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, Congrats to you for this major feat!!!!! Its a beginning and I'm so glad that you felt comfortable to do it with no one around to detour you!!!!!!! Just remember, Little Victories!!!!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hoorays!!! :D
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome, not sad at all.
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :D I can't even run a minute!
  • krnlmustrd
    krnlmustrd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! 6 weeks ago I couldnt even run half a block now am running 20 straight doing the Couch to 5k program...You can do this :)

Here is the link to the program if you want to take a look at it www.c25k.com
  • galok
    galok Posts: 12
    Options
    Journey of a thousand leagues begins with the first step ...

I think this is great, stay safe and keep going
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It's not sad at all, it sounds wonderful. You should feel amazing because you've made your first step in overcoming pain. :) Have a beautiful day.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    awesome!
    I am scared of running outdoors (I run in place when I work out) but a friend of mine asked me to do a 5K with her this fall. That's my new goal! You've given me inspriration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!