Which food is your self destruct button ?

For me it's 2 things!

Bread & Cheese .... and everything associated with bread and cheese like pizza.

I can go days but then I eat a pizza like its crack. It's my ultimate ruin...

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I tend not to view food like this anymore - it's not a healthy way to relate to eating.
    Sure there are foods I'd ideally eat less of than others but regardless I make all the yummy stuff 'fit' :)
  • Pepsi, even Diet, makes my days a struggle to stay under maintenance, let alone a loss. I can drink Diet Mountain Dew or energy drinks no problem. If I had a diet pepsi, I'm a wreck looking for chips and cheesies and cookies and cake and junk.

Conditioning. I grew up on pepsi and chips.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Cake. I had to completely stop making and buying them. One day I'll be able to have one slice and leave it alone. I'm not there yet.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I used to feel the same about cheese

But I adjusted and I don't anymore

I eat cheese every day but I add grated cheese to my eggs or on top of stews instead of sitting to down to big lumps
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Doritos, Lay's, Pringles. I figure when I am emotionally vulnerable I will binge on chips.
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I can't seem to just have a single serving... For me - serving = the entire pint!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Entemann's Little Chocolate Chip Cookies. Could eat the whole box just by looking at it. ;-)
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    If I have a party sized bag of chips, I will eat it all in one day. But - the last time I did this, I had the bag last me for 3 whole days! So sometimes I'm better...
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Yeah, bread with stinky cheeses... it's hard to stop at one slice & one ounce. And chips & salsa. I cognitively 'know' how many chip pieces fit together to make one tortilla but again, it's just so darned hard to stop there!
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Cakes, pies and cookies. Oh dear Lord, I can skip an entire meal just to have dessert. That's my biggest downfall but on the bright side, I've almost completely stopped drinking sodas and drink so much water, sometimes I feel like a fish. :blush:
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Chips and Salsa. Unless I measure out a few and just eat those, the whole bag is gone before I know it. I've learned to just not eat them in Mexican Restaurants. Once I start it's hard to stop.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    I am fine with everything but Nutella. If I want it I buy the snack size because it's never a serving of the big jar....it is the big jar over the course of a day or 2. Don't even get me started on the sams club size...that had a part in me gaining back 14 lbs after I lost my baby weight lol.
  • ndeen
    ndeen Posts: 8 Member
    Mint chocolate ....
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I can't seem to just have a single serving... For me - serving = the entire pint!

Same here. The years I gained the majority of my weight were when I was regularly eating Chipotle, Ben & Jerry's pints and drinking alcohol....a lot. And by regularly, I mean multiple times a week.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    No single item is my "ruin", but alcohol definitely stalls my success..
  • vrs_2
    vrs_2 Posts: 223 Member
    Lately it's been shelled peanuts. While not the worst food in moderation, I'll eat an entire 20oz bad w/o issue - 1,760 calories! Sigh...

Oh, and chips & salsa at a Mexican restaurant. There's just no stopping me...
  • ElleMarieRose
    ElleMarieRose Posts: 37 Member
    Peanut butter, cheese, and pork chops. Every time, man... every time.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Snyders jalapeno pretzel pieces. Swoon. I NEVER buy them because I will weigh and measure my serving...then go back for another serving...then just finish the bag. When I first met my husband he got me the little bags every once in a while because he knew it was a rough one for me.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Popcorn. I just have it when I'm at the movie now.