Which food is your self destruct button ?

Replies

• EdB9992015
    EdB9992015 Posts: 18 Member
    Bread, especially when freshly baked, I can easily devour a whole loaf in a day. Oh and cake, bread and cake. Mmmmmmm cake >:)
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Hard cider
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh yea and cookies pretty much any kind especially Oreos. As long as they are not mint flavored.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Frozen yogurt. Usually a nice little treat until I shamefully eat the entire pint.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Ribs
    Porterhouse
    Guiness
  • norafinnland
    norafinnland Posts: 14 Member
    Cheese and bread and alcohol and Ben&Jerry's strawberry cheesecake.... But I do it reasonably nowadays
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Wine. I love a good chardonnay. I used to have a glass or two of wine most evenings and the calories really add up. These days I limit the wine to special occasions and budget the calories for it.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I don't know about using the term "self-destruction", but I do have a tendency to eat more than a serving when it comes to bread (like French bread, or dinner rolls) and any kind of trail mix.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Rice. Rice is my undoing. Unless I measure out an acceptable portion based on my calorie goals and put the remaining away.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Baked goods, although it's way worse during PMS, otherwise I can do moderation most of the time.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Baked goods, although it's way worse during PMS, otherwise I can do moderation most of the time.

I feel badly for you women and that time of the month....i can see it at work when someone is having the serious cravings because of hormones.....soda and chips and just stuff that you feel like crap after you've annihilated a bag already.....
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    I don't know about using the term "self-destruction", but I do have a tendency to eat more than a serving when it comes to bread (like French bread, or dinner rolls) and any kind of trail mix.

forgot about trailmix....i could live on that...lol...
    is anyone else getting hungry reading this thread? lol.....hold me back!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    That's a really strange and unhealthy way to think about food.

By self-destruct, do you mean binge eat?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I feel badly for you women and that time of the month....i can see it at work when someone is having the serious cravings because of hormones.....soda and chips and just stuff that you feel like crap after you've annihilated a bag already.....

Meh I guess I can't talk for everyone woman but I actually don't use PMS as an excuse to eat junk. I actively AVOID junk during PMS actually because I know it won't satisfy me at all and will just be a waste of calories. The only thing that works is fruit and bready carbs (I suppose you could put those in the 'junk' category, although donuts don't do it for me at that time either, but croissants/bagels would).

But I realize that some women might actually crave those things the way I crave those bready carbs, so yeah. That would suck to be them.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I can't seem to just have a single serving... For me - serving = the entire pint!

wait, it isn't?
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Almond butter!
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Mmm...pizza...
    I try not to 'self-destruct' over any food, but I had to stop the pizza. I can't just have two slices or so and more just doesn't fit in my calorie intake. I started making cauliflower crust pizza, and that curbs the odd craving and fills me up better. Plus, I can make two personal sized ones and my husband and I can choose our own preferred toppings.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Ice cream. Oh dear yes. Doesn't help that I'm mildly lactose-intolerant. Because if I'm going to willingly kill my stomach and intestines, you better bet I'm going to go all-out.
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Cake and chocolate.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    The only thing I have issues with is white bread and pasta, but I haven't had either in like a year, maybe more. Wait, I did have white pasta once. But I ate it kind of late and went to bed shortly after, so I didn't have any uncontrollable cravings. Once I sleep, the cravings go away,so no issue there.

I used to like cereal and donuts and a lot of things, but none were hard on me the way white breads and pastas are.