Which food is your self destruct button ?

Options

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hudsonville Deer tracks Ice Cream, but Ice cream in general for the most part. At times Ice cream will be my dinner and evening snack.
  • freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can't seem to stop eating until it's gone is Outback Steakhouse Aussie cheese fries. But I know when I'm going there and I budget for it, so it's all well controlled.

Other than that, I have decent willpower most of the time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    cookies and milk. Especially Oreos or Chips Ahoy. I seek out the tiny packages with like six cookies inside because I know I will eat them all. It's weird though because when I bake "quality" cookies I can eat one or two with milk or coffee and be perfectly satisfied...
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes. :neutral:
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Pop, and sweet pastries. The boss's father brought homemade glazed donuts in to work the other day. I fit one in for my day, and it was amazing. I had problems keeping myself from eating the entire tray.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't think about self-destructive foods anymore -- there are self-destructive situations that I put myself in (and am learning to avoid). An example: if I let myself get too hungry, I often don't want to stop eating, especially if I have a super-palatable food available. The solution is to not let myself get too hungry.
  • DocRobicheaux
    DocRobicheaux Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any salty, crunchy snacks. Nacho cheese Doritos. ..killer.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    cheesecake. salt and vinegar or cheddar sour cream chips. Ice cream (especially ben n jerry's fish food, cherry garcia, peanut butter cup, and cheesecake brownie).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sweets and junk food such as candy, pop and chips. They wreck me.

Baked items will get me going too.
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa/guacamole mmmmmm
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    For me its Cheetos (crunchy, not puffy) and sugary kids cereals like Cocoa Krispies or Fruit Loops. No way I can eat just one serving!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    SALT! Doritos--especially the spicy nacho. Cheese and crackers. Salt and vinegar potato chips.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cookies and bagged pretzels. I avoid keeping both in the house, but will have both on special occasions. Over the years I've tried to reintroduce them, but they're always a calorie sink and never are as satisfying as I build them up to be. I find a homemade cookie or a big pretzel a lot more satisfying than the endless amounts of pre-made stuff I used to eat! Most other foods I had issues with in the past have sorted out - I either don't care much for them anymore, or don't have problems with moderation.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I tend not to view food like this anymore - it's not a healthy way to relate to eating.
    Sure there are foods I'd ideally eat less of than others but regardless I make all the yummy stuff 'fit' :)

QFT. There are foods that I love and are easy for me to over eat--nuts, trail mix, etc--but I learned over time to eat less & enjoy more. It took time, though. I totally get needing to avoid while moderation is in a work progress.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. It's how I gained my weight and what I've had to mostly give up to start losing it.
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Any kind of sweet carb, cakes cookies breads.... Get in my mouth!!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I don't think about self-destructive foods anymore -- there are self-destructive situations that I put myself in (and am learning to avoid). An example: if I let myself get too hungry, I often don't want to stop eating, especially if I have a super-palatable food available. The solution is to not let myself get too hungry.

This is wise, too. For me, too much deficit for too many days+alcohol+ nuts=overboard.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Nothing if I want it I eat it I either make it fit or I work it off or I cut calories a bit day by day
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Jalepeno Cheetos....damn things! :) Also, milk chocolate...
    I'm getting over the bread/baked goods thing...
  • Paul699
    Paul699 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    biscuits and milk. 2 or 3 biscuits is never enough, especially oreos or chocolate bourbons. Oh and cadbury bourneville.

I just dont buy them any more and limit my milk to tea and coffe, with the occasional 100 ml glass.