Guys only! Does your woman tempt you to eat more during her TOM?

Options
13»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Waffle, you are so naughty :wink:
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Haven't read other responses. We actually burn a few more calories during TOM, so yes, we're hungrier (or some of us more than others. Why the things some of us are hungry for are chocolate and chips & dip, I don't know, maybe we need glucose for complicated endocrinological reasons and those deliver it quickly? *shrug*).

It is not cool of her to lean on you by asking you to eat the same thing to make it ok for her, though. She needs to learn that a) having some extra calories during TOM isn't the worst thing in the world, b) nothing's actually wrong with chocolate or ice cream now and then, and c) it is not ok to do this to your partner!

She could maybe track her periods so that she knows for sure that the reason she's wanting to cry is what it is, maybe that will help her get to grips with things a little better.

As far as managing the emotions, yeah, she could take her chances with birth control (if that's not a risk for her, which it might be) or an SSRI, but not everyone is up for that (and BCP isn't a good idea for everyone), and I think that's fair enough.

PMS is a huge pain for the women who have it, though.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sack up. Tell her she can eat as many of those things as she want's but you're watching your calories and they don't fit.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This discussion has been cleaned up and re-opened. Please adhere to guidelines or we will lock it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Alex! Did you mean for it to be in Chit Chat? Seems like a serious question to me!
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I've been trying to eat healthier and she has as well but every time she has TOM she brings out the junk food and it's like she doesn't care that I'm wanting to avoid temptation.

Last night we had a great meal of grilled chicken and a tasty salad, followed by a small piece of pumpkin pie. We're both on target for our calories and then she brings an entire bag of Oreo cookies to bed with her and puts it in between us and starts eating. She even has the nerve to demand that I eat some too. "Just eat a few so I won't feel like I'm the only one getting fat."

I tried telling her that she's being insensitive but then she'll start this bit where she claims I don't understand her cravings and how she has to eat more food. She makes me the bad guy and even starts crying if I get upset about it. I don't care if she eats it but why does she have to tempt me with this food too? Can't she at least go eat it in the other room? No, she has to be near me when she makes bad decisions for some reason.

Do women really have uncontrollable desires to eat food? There's no way her body needs that much junk food. I understand she needs a bit more nutrition but why can't she just eat more at dinner? Does TOM make a whole that only junk food can fill and if so why try to force other people to join in the bad decisions?

I was on meds that messed with my hormones and for me, the cravings were very, very hard to control as well as the crying. I hated feeling like that, but I couldn't help it. Imagine you have a really bad itch you can't scratch, that is how I felt about bad for you foods because it made me feel better once I consumed them.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    :flushed: Am I the only one that doesn't want to eat anything much at all during that time? Lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good. That thing that made me go :neutral: was cleaned up too.

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Obviously I missed some things lol!