3. 8 hour diet window
    4. 8 power foods
    5. 8 cups of water
    6. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    7. Lose 5 lbs
    8. 10,000 steps on rest days

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

I have achieved all of my goals for this month. I am going to add two goals and continue to work on the other ones.

November goals

1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week
    3. Kettle bell swing weight lifting days 20 minutes
    4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    7. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. 10,000 steps a day
    10. Do the five day fast diet

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

Mary from Minnesota
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    October goals

3. 8 hour diet window
    4. 8 power foods
    5. 8 cups of water
    7. Lose 5 lbs

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

I have achieved all of my goals for this month. I am going to add two goals and continue to work on the other ones.

November goals

4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. 10,000 steps a day

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

Mary from Minnesota

What is diet window??? Thanks Gayle Minneapolis
  • samm8911
    samm8911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. Great goals out their. Kim, your post hit home. I sometimes feel like Ive spent my whole life at the beginning of my weight loss journey. But here's to hoping that will change.

Hope you all have a great start to your week!

Soraya
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    When you reach a certain age, losing weight is just different. Our metabolism changes, it's harder, our body is changing, our willpower changes and it's very discouraging. I look at these younger women losing weight like I used to be able to and feel like a failure, I'm a stress eater and blow it every time. If I could keep that same 10 lbs off that I have lost over and over again, I would be one slender woman! I am so discouraged and feel so bad about myself, I really need encouragement and motivation from women with my own struggles, I can't be the only one out there!

Kim, I'm quite a bit older than you and succeeded beyond my expectations. There are others here who can say the same. It does take time and persistence. You can do it.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    October goals

3. 8 hour diet window
    4. 8 power foods
    5. 8 cups of water
    7. Lose 5 lbs

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

November goals

4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. 10,000 steps a day

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

Mary from Minnesota

What is diet window??? Thanks Gayle Minneapolis

Google eight hour diet. It is a fasting diet that has an eight hour window of time in which you are supposed to eat. You choose what hours those are. I eat between 12 noon and 8 PM. There are many health benefits associated with this type of eating pattern. I do my exercise in the morning, drink half my water in the morning, and I do not feel hungry until noon. Supposedly this way belly fat will be burned. As well as your fat storage. The 8 power foods are also part of this diet. They are dairy, nuts, whole grains, lentils, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and berries. If you Google it there is a amount for each of the power foods.

Another reason that I like this diet is that I feel that I have a lot of food to eat during that time period. Even though I am only eating 1270 cal of healthy food. I have three meals and a snack during this time.

Friend me, and check out my diary as to what I eat and when. Last couple days are not normal go because of my birthday weekend. The hardest thing that I have been unable to get in every day is berries. They have not been very tasty lately. Especially the blueberries.

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of a core pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a bit of yoga, hold my plank then take the extremepump class

Mindy - what a wonderful house you have! You and your family are so lucky. Great greeting!

Margaret - I totally understand and completely agree with you how upset you are

Gloria - I wish you all the best in finding another place

Irish Terri - I do something different to be honest because I have a short attention span and I'd get bored to tears doing the same thing over and over and over. Vince was telling me about this person who a couple of days before Halloween put on his porch a scarecrow. people drove by and saw it. Well, on Halloween he wore the clothes the scarecrow wore and sat in the same chair. The kids coming to the house figured "oh, it's just a scarecrow". As they got to the house, the owner would jump up and really scare the kids.

mia - thanks for the great suggestion of taking pics. Like I said, I'm probably still thinking of dress shopping as being there in person

Sylvia - cute cartoon. Gotta show it to Vince

Kim - I've pretty well accepted the fact that Denise won't have my rings. It's just that for over 25 years she's always said that she wanted my rings. I thought it would be nice for her to have something from her mother and the grandmother she never met. But oh well.....

Made a peach pie to take to Mexican Train dominoes Tues night. The hubby's btdy is Friday. This was the first time ever that I made a lattice crust so I decided that instead of making my own crust (which I usually do), I'd buy a premade one. Admitted, I tried a bite, and you know what? It was crummy. At least to me, I think because I'm used to something homemade. Then I had this recipe for brownies that I made for Vince. The picture shows that they are very fudge. Since they contain two eggs, I'm a bit skeptical. I guess we shall see how they turn out.

went to WalMart today and returned the unopened bags of candy. Trick or treating is supposed to be 6 - 8 here. We still had people coming to the house at 9!

Joyce - Charlie is ever so lucky to have you. Your big heart never ceases to amaze me. You keep track of so much

Lisa - awesome job there!

Soraya - welcome!

Barb in Idaho - keep popping in

Heather - feel better

DJ - I totally agree how unfair it is that men can eat and eat and eat and not gain weight. While I look at food, I gain, Vince doesn't. No fair! congrats on the loss

katla - UTI = urinary tract infection. Hope those aches go away fast

Did a load of laundry this a.m. Just took it out of the dryer. After going to WalMart came home and helped Vince finish bringing in the inflatables. They need to be run to dry out so that we can pack them away for another year. It was supposed to start raining harder today so we wanted to get them in asap.

kimperry - welcome. You've come to a great place for commraderie

CVarla - welcome. There are days when I don't log into facebook at all

Vicki - happy early anniversary

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    hqfb5rsutfxf.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    alerica1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Carla, I'm 54 years old, and I live outside of Canton, Ohio.

NOVEMBER GOALS
    1. Log food, water, and exercise every day.
    2. Workout (treadmill or run) every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday. If I miss a day I'm challenging myself to make up for it on another day.
    3. I won't eat past 6:00 p.m.
    4. Sign onto Facebook once a day, preferably in the morning, instead of 5,000 times a day.
    5. Make my bed every day.
    6. Stay ahead of my grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner so I'm not freaking out on Thanksgiving Eve.

I think that's enough for the month. Don't want to overwhelm myself. ;-)

~~Carla

Hi Carla. Welcome to our neck of MFP! I live in Fairlawn, Ohio so we are neighbors. Good luck with your November goals.

Cheri NE Ohio
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    hqfb5rsutfxf.jpeg

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    This is the start of an evening that totally wiped me out!

tjje7z02jqco.jpg
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy nov 1st
    HUGS
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Miriam, the children are darling.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Miriam - Aaaaahhhhhh! <3 Gorgeous!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a wonderful Birthday weekend! Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes! My DH took me to the Grandview Lodge. This was the first place he took me for a weekend retreat with a group from his work. As you could tell from the pictures they had Halloween events planned for the weekend. We had a great time it felt like we were kids again! We finished it off this morning with a long walk around the grounds and a healthy breakfast buffet!

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Miriam~ adorable.....
    well took a nice soak in the tub with some epsom salt and lavender...was heavenly...
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!!! You are such a wonderful inspiration!!!

Happy Birthday to all the ladies who had them in Oct!!!

Margaret :) Hugs!!!! <3<3<3

It's hard to believe it's November already, where has the time gone :huh:

I thought I would have more time to spend chatting when I retired, wow, I stay busier now than ever! I'm actually hoping for a little boredom!!!

Life is good and happy at the moment and hope it stays that way for awhile! I'm still maintaining my weight, so that's another good thing! I don't like this time change at all, I do much better when it stays light longer in the day :ohwell:

I will do my best to try and pop in more often this month! Keeping you all in my heart and my thoughts <3 !

Hugs,
    DeeDee in rainy NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your wonderful support. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Choir went well today. We sang a gorgeous piece, "In Remembrance". It was perfect for All Saints Sunday. I thought of my aunt today and other members of my family who have past. Another nice thing is it is close to my old church, so I can make it for coffee time and catch up with my friends there because we get done early enough.

Got some yard work done today too. Finally stopped raining.

:heart: Margaret

• phyllis115
    phyllis115 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy November! Thanks Barbie for the new thread and the quote.

November goals
    1- Log everything. I've been doing well with this, I just need to keep it up.
    2-Limit television viewing and increase housecleaning in preparation for the holidays. If I can just do 15 minutes a day of extra housework, I might be able to make some progress with the clutter.
    3. At least 10 minutes of ME time to read, reflect or write in my journal.

Prayers and hugs to all who need them.

Phyl in Cincy
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks! 13000 steps woo! i'm going to try my best. Kimperry_68, hang in there! I feel the same way. It is very easy to get discouraged! I just keep reading all of the positive comments on the boards, it really helps.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Anyone know ow what happened to Carol in Ga? Username PeachStateGal? Haven't seen her since August...

Lisa in West Texas