WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Fancy: I sent DD and DDIL the cartoon of the kids in the grocery cart. I hope they laugh as hard as I did. Thanks! :heart: :laugh:
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My last pic from the beach...

zhqo1jssciog.jpg

This was my "good-bye" ocean walk this morning. I hated to leave! Especially when it was 84 degrees there and 60 degrees and raining here.

It's only 8:30 pm but I am ready to go to bed! Between the darkness from the time change and the steady rain, I'm feeling might dozy.

Good night, all!

Carol in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Anyone know ow what happened to Carol in Ga? Username PeachStateGal? Haven't seen her since August...

Lisa in West Texas

I think she closed out her account and started a new one with a new name. Here is the post from her:

Hello All! I opted out replying to this chat for a while but have been reading as I so much enjoy the posts here. I even started a new account in hopes that giving myself a new start would help my motivation. Anyhow, just wanted to chime in because I don't like feeling like a lurker. Will not reply often but wanted to wish all of you who are having problems with health, daily life and family the very best. I think of you often.

Carol from GA

She is using the name Peach1948 with a picture of a peach
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Looks beautiful!!! Sleepy here with time change. Gayle Minneapolis
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Katla, you are really getting into this horse stuff or should I say the horse’s mouth? I doubt that I could haul my *kitten* up into a saddle right now, even after losing weight. I really hand it to you!!!

Beth, I hope you can work on being less stressed when the situation is out of control. It’s not easy but the stress is even more futile. (((((Hugs)))))

Barbie, I love your new picture!!! Why was that big poodle holding the kitty down with his chin??

Carla
    , welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little more about yourself to help us get to know you. Come often and join right in.

Penny, just take #2 off the list if you know you won’t make it. We don’t want you to set yourself up for failure. If you plan the drink then it’s a conscious decision and just calories to log. smiley-eatdrink016.gif

Irish
    , I’m the same way about MFP being my go-to site on the computer. It is not even unusual if I skip a day of logging onto FB. I’d rather see what you ladies are up to.wiggle.gif

Gayle, I thought you were in Minn? What are you talking about with temperatures as warm or warmer than ours??? Enjoy it while it lasts.

Vicki, Happy Anniversary!!! How nice that you will both be off. Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.

Mary, I know you can, too. You are such an inspiration. Good for you. Glad you had a great BD weekend.

Michele, of course your home made crust would be better than store bought. smiley-think004.gif Silly lady! Bet you were sorry you wasted the few calories even tasting it. (Ya shoulda asked for a refund!)

Miriam, what cuties!!!

DeeDee, so good to see you in the room! We warned you about no free time when you retired. Glad you are enjoying it.

Margaret, so glad you are enjoying the new choir. Are you still looking at others or have you decided this is the place for you?

CarolNC, great picture! I know you hated to say good bye and I'm so glad you had a great weekend. (((Hugs)))

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My knee is much better today with just a twinge of pain this morning. I made a pot of soup today and DH gave it the thumbs up at dinner. We never got any of the predicted rain and don’t need it so no complaints here. I really feel for all those getting floods and pray for their safety.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    51y8uf4760q2.jpg

DJ, Sasha and Bernie are lying on the bed together. They love to cuddle up are best friends.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...((((((((((((((group hugs)))))))))))))))))) Just some mindless wonderful info about the Liberty Theater in Astoria, (I eat this stuff up)... Where the theater sits now, used to be the Weinhart Astoria Hotel. The original Liberty theater burned down in 1922 along with 30 blocks of downtown Astoria. 90% of the bldgs proudly have 1923 or 1924 on their dates on the top of the bldgs. The painter of the Venetian-inspired murals that line the walls inside the main theater were painted by an eclectic artist Joseph knowles. In fact he had never stepped foot into Venice, so some of the Venetian landscapes are recognized as the Columbia waterways by local fishermen :-) Fascinating info abounds in Oregon!

Today I went grocery shopping with husband. With coupons in hand, as well as a LIST. Halfway thru the isles he beelines to the clothing area.. (its Fred Meyer and has everything you could possibly want under one roof). He then says I can go bra shopping. I did have a coupon from the store, and since we were in the general area of the women's area he was being time efficient. *LONG SIGH* Men.....I can't be shopping for food then suddenly switch gears and go BRA SHOPPPING!!!! Wholly BeJesus! So I try to humor him and start looking for gignormous bras... He ISN"T helping by picking up cutesy bras saying he likes THIS or THAT style!! I groan because I know he is holding a 32A (no offense to you all that are 32A's) but I think I am a 42D. I do have a bra in my drawer that was professionally fitted for me...HA!! She picked me up a 44DD and I literally could YELL into my chest and hear an echo......so professional fitters need to just steer clear of me.... I finally had to just say to my husband in the politest tone I could muster..."When does this coupon expire....next weekend....cool...I shall go bra shopping later this week..yes?" He then motioned for me to push the cart out of the lingerie section...woohooo...and attached on the front was a teddy with attached g-string... "OK mister, I CAN"T try on sexy garments with yogurt in my cart OK???" We continued to the milk isle......

Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    mary - ROTF

DeeDee - you've been missed. Pop in more often. I know it's hard this time of year, but try, at least post "hi" When my FIL retired he used to say "when did I find the time to work". Now I totally understand what he meant. I don't like this time change, either, and can't wait for when we push the clocks ahead.

Lisa - you're right, I sure do miss Carol. Wonder what she's up to? Update: barbie: thanks so much for letting us know that she's OK.

DJ - I'm the same way. There are days when I don't log onto FB, but rarely a day goes by that I don't log on here. You know what surprises me, how many people feel that the store bought pie crust/cakes/etc are so much better than homemade. I find that if I know that something is homemade, I want to try it. But if it's store bought I don't have a problem passing it up. I thought it was supposed to rain heavily later in the day today, but we never got it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Michele in NC
  • Annr
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    51y8uf4760q2.jpg

DJ, Sasha and Bernie are lying on the bed together. They love to cuddle up are best friends.

How precious!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Oops...forgot this shout out:

Carol in NC - I would have hated to leave the beach, too. But you can look forward to going back
  • Annr
    Options
    GOALS FOR BECCA IN NOVEMBER!

1. Only weigh on Wednesdays!
    2. drink 3 containers of water every day! 32 oz x 3
    3. commit to exercising lock stock and barrel!
    Mondays-walk or swim
    Tuesdays-swim
    Wednesdays- off
    Thursdays- swim
    Fridays- walk or swim
    Sat and Sun-off
    4. In bed by 9 PM and up by 7 AM. Need to get my body in sync with my world!
    5. Pay more attention to myself. Nourish my skin with coconut oil, and let my nails grow!
    6. Do not let the holidays define my actions. Holidays are more in the moment then re-creating the past. I will not give in to baking my childhood.
    7. Need to start writing in my journal again.
    8. Need to sing more, find my passion!

I am in this !!
    Becca
    (If I could've written this in blood I would) I am that commited.

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Well, phooey! I didn't realize it was November already. I posted pics of my bowls at the end of the October thread, in case anybody wants to look.

We are watching the baseball game. Molly has stolen my chair but she is too sweet to make her move. I made pumpkin turkey chili for dinner from a recipe online. It wasn't my favorite flavor combination, but it was ok. I'll take the leftovers to the studio for some quick lunches. Of course, I made it without salt, so it might taste better if it had salt.

Well, the Royals are down by two, so they need me to help pull them out. Good night!

Sylvia

• Annr
    Options
    012_zpsaaawqgvp.jpg

My childhood pals. Thomas the tabby, and Katie the Norwegian Elkhound/German shepperd mix of sweetness.
  • Annr
    Options
    013_zps2r0hm4ux.jpg

My calico Pippin (she was a young momma with deer in the headlights look) and one of her kittens.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota, just lucky with the temps!!! Do t worry we will be sub zero very soon. Gayle Minneapolis
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Stunning bowls, Sylvia!
    /Penny at the airport lounge, on my way to the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Anyone know ow what happened to Carol in Ga? Username PeachStateGal? Haven't seen her since August...

Lisa in West Texas

I don't know anything about her. I also keep wondering about JanetMcC in New Orleans who wrote for the Associated Press. I hate not knowing if they are ok or not.

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Mary – Great pictures! Love the shopping cart funny

Carol - I do think you should try doing something like a contest with your pictures

Lisa – the warehouse looks so much better…

Soraya – welcome !

Karen – NY --- it is interesting where this journey takes us, and how all of our other emotional/stress/sleep/etc issues fit in to the overall picture

Autiebk – yes it has been warm, but trust me it is not good our fire danger is crazy, the dry air and lack of water is nuts…

Terri – irish – great NSV on passing on some winter trousers…. So in Ireland what is the difference in trousers and pants…

KimPerry – welcome, you are not the only one,but many on this forum prove that with diligence weight can be lost at any age!

Becca – too funny!!!!!

DeeDee – good to see you!

So I am not much of a TV gal but do love the British Baking Show and Downton Abby. The British Baking show is on Sunday’s 7-8pm…. I think of Heather when it is on. It is on to the finals next week, but it has been great. Living in CA I am amazed at how many of the baking things I have never seen or heard of that they are doing. Today was French baking, some appetizers and dessert.. An Opera Cake, oh my it looked good 7 layers of yummy.. They made sponge cake – scratch of course – in these thin layers and then filled them…Today they also did a Charotte Royale ! stunning I had never heard of one. I need to cook some of these wonders!

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening (October 3 out of 4)
    Walk everyday – Oct. 125 mile (but lost 4 days with no computer)- would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 –
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Barbie love the pic of the "best buddies", so sweet.

Thanks for letting us know that Carol in GA is doing well. I did see her post about lurking but did not put it together with who it was.

Janetr OKC
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Rough day at work. Overwhelmed a bit actually a lot. Recapped my October goals but accidentally did it at the end of the October thread. I don't know how to copy and paste on this iPad. Good stuff is happening too. Lots to go over but just feel super tired its late and I can't do anything else tonight except the basics. Have a good morning everyone. Ps love the recent doggie and kitty shots.
    Mindy from boston