How did we all do on Halloween

Options
1234568»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I didn't have candy but I made an awesome honey beer bread to go with dinner... but we usually take it to Wahoos Fish Tacos for free kids meals today.

(My ex held onto my kids candy this year and told them they couldn't bring it to my house because I was fat and I would eat it all but that's a whole 'nother issue called he is an a**)

Bah! Yes he is!! And to counter that, I'd take the kids and buy a bag of something yumm, just for you and them. Make sure he hears about it too! Bah! We can lose weight if we need to, but a dic$ will always be a dic$!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    On the first Monday of the month, my church makes 100 bagged lunches for a nearby homeless shelter. We usually include cookies, but this month a member paid her kids to fork over the candy they'd collected and we used that instead. I liked that - the kids got the fun of trick or treating but the hundreds of pieces of candy they collected were repurposed for a good cause.

I snagged a fun size Snickers from the leftovers.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    i ate the entire fairy village's supply of candy,chips and chocolate

Now what will they eat?!!!!!!!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I didn't have candy but I made an awesome honey beer bread to go with dinner... but we usually take it to Wahoos Fish Tacos for free kids meals today.

(My ex held onto my kids candy this year and told them they couldn't bring it to my house because I was fat and I would eat it all but that's a whole 'nother issue called he is an a**)

Bah! Yes he is!! And to counter that, I'd take the kids and buy a bag of something yumm, just for you and them. Make sure he hears about it too! Bah! We can lose weight if we need to, but a dic$ will always be a dic$!

I had a Groupon for the Pier in Santa Monica and took them for a fun day since I didn't have them for trick or treating this year--We rode the roller coaster, ferris wheel, and scrambler! They had a blast :)

And yes, he is still an a** and his current GF very clearly has an ED.
  • gigdeb
    gigdeb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even though we had about 80 Trick or Treat'ers we still had 3 bags of mini Nestle Crunch left - I made my husband take them back to the store for a refund. So far, my willpower has been strong and I haven't had any candy OR the frosted pumpkin face sugar cookies that Schuster's Banquet Bakery is famous for here in Pueblo. I do NOT remember EVER not having either one at Halloween before, so this is a first for me. Fortunately, my weight loss has been a steady 2+ lbs. per week, so the motivation is still really good here.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

I had a Groupon for the Pier in Santa Monica and took them for a fun day since I didn't have them for trick or treating this year--We rode the roller coaster, ferris wheel, and scrambler! They had a blast :)

And yes, he is still an a** and his current GF very clearly has an ED.

You are the bigger, better person xo
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Well... my resolve was fairly strong until.... the bag of Lindor Truffles....Turns out there is something I have a hard time staying away from. I thought I could ration them out rationally....no...turns out I can't.
    I don't buy for trick or treat since I don't get kids at my apartment. I did however arrive at work yesterday to find a bucket of candy in the break room table that needed to be inspected... carefully....with my mouth..

To my credit I did manage to log most of my indulgences and had a martial arts class to help burn off the excess. This morning I arrived at work to find that I got Boo'ed so i've got another bag of treats but they are more along the line of things I can eat here and there without loosing my mind.

The truffles though.... well once the bag is gone no more whole bags of those can come home. Too dangerous.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I planned for it and enjoyed it. Had a small breakfast, lunch of meat and vegetables, and my dinner was basically mini Snickers 'til I didn't wanna look at any more candy for quite awhile...and a couple of deviled eggs.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pizza, cupcakes, spanikopita, fried shrimp, queso dip and chips, chips and salsa, twix, reeses peanut butter cups, snickers and lots of vodka......not ashamed.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I took my 2 yr old granddaughter t o t "ing and she was very generous in sharing her candy. I know what it does to me.... but ate it anyway... have had a few pieces all week... SOOO.....therefore I cannot stay awake and I have a b***ch of head ache. And now I am good for Christmas, won't have to worry about that because it will take me that long to recover...oh welllll......

AWWWWW
  • beautyaddict452
    beautyaddict452 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    I had a box of chocolate covered donuts, xl cookies n cream candy bar, and xl kit kat candy bar - over the last two days. Ate close to maintenance. I rarely buy candy so got some for Halloween, a special occasion. I don't regret anything. >:)

OMG you reminded me I have had this saved for a while! Thank you for the opportunity to use it!!!!

zdftiiqfusmj.jpeg

Haha that's so been me these two days.

Same here! I ate so bad over the weekend but now I feel ill haha Goes to show cheating is only fun in the moment! Excuse me while I hit the gym.. :|
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Italian Beef Sandwiches, Potato Soup and Pumpkin Ale before Trick or Treating.
    Half a Bottle of wine during the walk along with 3-4 pieces of kid's candy while we were trick or treating.
    Other Half Bottle of wine watching the Royals come from behind to beat the Mets (AGAIN).

Over calories on Saturday, under calories for the week. All good!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Way over calories for Saturday and Sunday, as per usual for me. Still within calorie budget for the week.

I had a 3 pc popeyes meal with biscuit, a side of green beans, then had a slice of cheesecake from a nearby starbucks, with starbucks venti sweetened espresso drink. Then went to the movies and had a bag of snickers candy bars, in addition to the usual stuff I eat in a day.

Mmmm. Probably doing something similar this weekend too. I'm surprised "dieting" is so decadent.