Noone stab me for asking but does anyone on here not count calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting recently and I feel a lot less stressed about eating. I just eat normal portions. I'm even losing weight! I do keep a food journal and record how I feel after each meal to see if there are any triggers or any foods that affect me positively.
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I am an adult. I was on a paleo forum once and mentioned I eat half a cup of rice a day and was kicked out so im a little bit nervous haha

I lost 80 lbs so far and would like to use the last 20 to learn to eat intuitively
    I'm working on that, too. I kind of got to the point where if I wasn't weighing and logging all my food, I wasn't sure how to eat! Was I eating too much? Too little?

I do not even think that I could go the rest of my life weighing and logging every bite of food I eat, so it's important for me to learn to eat now, while I finish losing my weight.

When I began all this, I'd never have guessed that I would have this issue, lol.

I'm certain that I can learn to eat without needing a scale or a computer. It's a little work on my part, but I'll get there. :)

This is what I want to do actually. Because now that I'm so close to my goal tracking kind of scares me; it's not practical. I want to eat better so I don't have to worry anymore. I only have roughly 10 pounds to go myself.
  • girls_read_comics
    girls_read_comics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am an adult. I was on a paleo forum once and mentioned I eat half a cup of rice a day and was kicked out so im a little bit nervous haha y

Ahaha. Is this how you earned your moniker? Well done. :D;)

What? Sorry
    Hammie18 wrote: »
    I stopped counting recently and I feel a lot less stressed about eating. I just eat normal portions. I'm even losing weight! I do keep a food journal and record how I feel after each meal to see if there are any triggers or any foods that affect me positively.

This is awesome. I am hoping it works for me
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories anymore, been intuitive eating for a few weeks now. It's nice not to have numbers on my mind 24/7 and thinking about when I would put my meals into the diary! Counted for about 2 years so I know enough about nutrition and what I'm eating to go it alone, fuelling workouts etc...
    Just being mindful about eating really. Wanted to find a sustainable way to continue eating well without having to count for the rest of my life! working so far.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I go through fits and spurts. I will log for a bit mainly to give myself an idea of what I am doing well or doing poorly. Then I go back to just making it up as I go. Been maintaining for a year so pretty good but I decided to get back on here for a while again to get a better grip on what I need to do to lose a bit more.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I am an adult. I was on a paleo forum once and mentioned I eat half a cup of rice a day and was kicked out so im a little bit nervous haha

I lost 80 lbs so far and would like to use the last 20 to learn to eat intuitively

They'd probably let you back in if you said you did crossfit, just like the cave people did.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't count :smile:
    I used to, and I check macros and stuff on occasion, but I've spent the last year trying to apply what I've learned and transition to mindful & 'intuitive eating'... it's not easy, but I'm getting there :smile: