When do you exercise?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    5x a week, 1 hour at a time minimum, any time I possibly can.

An hour is 1/24 of your entire day. I think I can fit that in. :)
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I need too much sleep to exercise in the morning, so for me it's right after work (about 6 p.m.) I also walk laps for 10-15 minutes during my lunch hour.

Ideally, like on a nice weekend, I would do my longer walks and weightlifting about 9 in the morning, but that happens maybe twice a year. Otherwise life gets in the way.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I go during my lunch hour, it the only time I can truely dedicate to me. Sometimes there are meetings that get in the way but 80% of the time thats when it gets done.

I tried doing mornings but since im up at 4am to get to work at 6am that just wasn't happening, And working out in the evenings is always hit or miss with my kids schedules just just being exhausted at the end of the day.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    I work out at night, usually between 8-10PM. I don't have any motivational tips, though, I just suck it up and do it. On nights when I don't want to, I try not to think about it. I just clear my mind, put my shoes on and start.

Yeah, basically I work out soon as I put my 3yo son to sleep at night, around 9pm...sometimes I will let him have the TV and I do my workouts in the dining room off my laptop.

A lot of days, yes I am tired...but like she said, I just suck it up....I start to look at exercise as my "me time" I used to spend the two hours after I put my son to bed (my me time) watching TV and perusing the internet....now I exercise. nothing to it but to do it. If it's something you really want, you will do it.

A friend of mine is a teacher, a coach, a student and a single mother to a 6yo. I figure if she can do it, I can do it too.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do weights three times a week, Monday and Wednesday at 6 am, and Saturday at 8 pm, just to avoid crowds (I'm not self conscious, I just hate waiting for the power rack, haha). If Saturday's going to be busy, I move weights to Friday at 6 am. I run three times a week, Tuesday and Thursday after work, so around 4:30 pm, and Sunday whenever I feel like it. Though I'm starting to shift my Tuesday/Thursday runs to about 7 am. Going straight home from work is just so nice.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my DH and I split it. He goes in the morning I go in the evenings after our daughter goes to sleep. Mornings are not an option for me since I run a home care and have children arriving early. I am not able to do a workout in the day (because of the children in my care). Once the house is cleaned, the paperwork is done, things are prepped for the next day I go to the gym. I go typically from 8-9 in the evening. Come home by 9:30, get the house prepped, watch a bit of TV and then crash in bed.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can really. This morning I did yoga and zumba before work. Yesterday after work, with my 4 year old in a kid seat attached, I rode my bike for 12.4 miles. When hubby gets home from work tonight, I want to go for a run (hoping the rain stops, but if not, oh well, gonna run anyway).
    I'm lucky in that I only work 3 days a week, so I do have a lot of time for exercise. Usually I make my kids a part of it (for running sometimes & bike rides) or I am doing fitness games on the wii & xbox.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    When lived alone it was usually in the evenings after work but before dinner. Now I am living with my boyfriend I get 20 mins in first thing in the morning around 6:30am while he is in the shower and making his breakfast. I do want to incorporate afternoon workouts in again so I can get more than 20 mins in at once, we will have to see how that works out with 2 of us.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do nights from 6-8 ish
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Mornings and evenings after work... and lunch if time will allow. I go in the morning every day and go to zumba 3 nights a week in addition. And mix in anything else I have time for :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Mostly the mornings.