Isagenix, Science or Woo?

Options

Replies

• jamiemerc7
    jamiemerc7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    jamiemerc7 wrote: »
    Actually unless you've tried the product I'm not sure how you can judge it. I've been on it since August Have lost 20 pounds and feel the best I have ever felt. It is easy and convenient to use and the company uses a third party vendor to validate the contents of the shakes vitamins and products being consumed.

I have never tried cocaine but it doesnt mean i dont understand the effects.

Btw, how many calories are you eating on that plan? My friends was 900 to 1000 and the lack of quality nutrition put her in the hospital.

• jamiemerc7
    Options
    I don't count calories and if I'm hungry I eat healthy snacks throughout the day and I eat a healthy dinner at night. I've already surpassed my goal loss weight but feel so good that I'd like to challenge myself I'm on a 16 week challenge to get to the gym and try new activities and firm up! I'm 52 and have never been a very active person. I'm taking it slow doing my best to make healthy choices. Also when I started Isagenix my goal was only to loose 15 pounds nothing more. But so far I feel great have been tested by my doctor and thyroid levels and cholesterol is great. I also have no desire for any Alcohol which has been my relaxation choice for weekends since 1989. So say what you want while I continue on my happy healthy path!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's still snake oil. SMH
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories and if I'm hungry I eat healthy snacks throughout the day and I eat a healthy dinner at night. I've already surpassed my goal loss weight but feel so good that I'd like to challenge myself I'm on a 16 week challenge to get to the gym and try new activities and firm up! I'm 52 and have never been a very active person. I'm taking it slow doing my best to make healthy choices. Also when I started Isagenix my goal was only to loose 15 pounds nothing more. But so far I feel great have been tested by my doctor and thyroid levels and cholesterol is great. I also have no desire for any Alcohol which has been my relaxation choice for weekends since 1989. So say what you want while I continue on my happy healthy path!

You don't count calories but you're logged in to MFP?

Are you selling any bridges too?
  • jamiemerc7
    Options
    Boy you guys are so supportive! Glad today was my first day on this site!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Boy you guys are so supportive! Glad today was my first day on this site!

Stick around kid, you'll get to love us here!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've never tried doing the dishes while balancing on one foot with a pasta strainer on my head, but that doesn't mean i need to try it before i can say it isn't necessary for clean dishes.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    I've never tried doing the dishes while balancing on one foot with a pasta strainer on my head, but that doesn't mean i need to try it before i can say it isn't necessary for clean dishes.

7120e0a3f2748545e79ab2c4f47efdcc.jpg
  • jamiemerc7
    Options
    Seems that if people have their own opinion which differs from the majority then they are bullied here. First day first impression Maybe you should try the product to get some b vitamins in ya and be happy. But knowing your past responses you'd rather bully and be negative. Enjoy
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    Wait a minute? B vitamins are psychoactive? Do you have to be in Colorado to buy them?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Seems that if people have their own opinion which differs from the majority then they are bullied here. First day first impression Maybe you should try the product to get some b vitamins in ya and be happy. But knowing your past responses you'd rather bully and be negative. Enjoy

I think it's much more that people are suspicious when a new member comes in and the first thing they do is necropost to a thread selling MLM snake oil. MLM salespeople are looked down upon around here and advertising/shilling for their products is a violation of TOS.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ^^^this and it certainly ain't bullying.
  • jamiemerc7
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Wait a minute? B vitamins are psychoactive? Do you have to be in Colorado to buy them?

Point proven
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Doubt is not bullying. Different opinions are not bullying. Calling them bullying trivialises actual bullying.
  • jamiemerc7
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I think it's much more that people are suspicious when a new member comes in and the first thing they do is necropost to a thread selling MLM snake oil. MLM salespeople are looked down upon around here and advertising/shilling for their products is a violation of TOS.

• jamiemerc7
    Options
    First off what is MLM snake oil second being I've said its my first day here do you think you could be kind and directive without being rude and judge mental? Obviously I've not posted in this forum and obviously I don't know the "proper" starting point. Look back I sure didn't feel that my views were regarded as positive and felt ganged up on and yes that is called bullying. Have a good night!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    First off what is MLM snake oil second being I've said its my first day here do you think you could be kind and directive without being rude and judge mental? Obviously I've not posted in this forum and obviously I don't know the "proper" starting point. Look back I sure didn't feel that my views were regarded as positive and felt ganged up on and yes that is called bullying. Have a good night!

Just in case you are genuinely fooled by Isagenix, MLM is Multi-level-marketing, and is widely known to be a scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

1) MLM "snake oil" is useless, scam diet products (often referred to as "snake oil", "woo", etc.) through multi-level marketing (MLM), aka pyramid scheme, aka ripping off your friends and family. This includes, but is not limited to, useless MLM scam products such as Shakeology, Advocare, ItWorks and yes, Isagenix.

2) I was not rude or judgmental in the least, I think you're being highly hypersensitive. I simply explained to you why your post received the reception it did, based upon the history of similar posts/users in the past.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

7120e0a3f2748545e79ab2c4f47efdcc.jpg

R'amen!
  • jamiemerc7
    Options

1) MLM "snake oil" is useless, scam diet products (often referred to as "snake oil", "woo", etc.) through multi-level marketing (MLM), aka pyramid scheme, aka ripping off your friends and family. This includes, but is not limited to, useless MLM scam products such as Shakeology, Advocare, ItWorks and yes, Isagenix.

2) I was not rude or judgmental in the least, I think you're being highly hypersensitive. I simply explained to you why your post received the reception it did, based upon the history of similar posts/users in the past.