Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    that boom bottle looks awesome! I think my hubs would like that too!

Cari, that bike ride through London sounds like a dream, especially for a Canadian (me)!! Would be amazing to do, lucky you!! Wish I could come along! YES QUIT SMOKING!!! LOL. I work at a hospital, and let me tell you - you don't want to be an old smoker!! Yikes! Oh, and don't worry about getting back at it 100% on your first day, it took me well over a week after my father in law's funeral to get back into the groove and track everything, and behave! Finally this week I am feeling like I am more myself. I'm only up one lb, but I plan on getting rid of that by the weekend, and next week I am going to try to lose 1.5 lbs. I have to get moving and get the scale to move down... summer is coming and I wanted to lose a bunch more before the heat of the summer!!

Sounds like everyone is killing it in the step challenges. I wish I had a fitbit, my Garmin doesn't link to your step challenges. Maybe I will ask for one for my bday or something. I want to get one that tracks my heart rate so I can know more accurately how much I am really burning.

I was thinking this morning, even though I have kind of stalled over the last while, if I can lose 0.5 lbs a week, that is still 26 lbs by this time next year, and who wouldn't be happy with that?! I mean, it's not as much as I would like to lose, but it's nothing to sneeze at! So even if it's slow going, at least I will be moving in the right direction!

Let's keep positive everyone! We can do this!! :) PS. Hump day sucks - wish it was Friday!!! LOL
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello Peeps! OMG.. it's Day 1 of 2 - FOOD DAY AT WORK! What the heck... why would we have 2 food days in a week?!?! #crazy Anyway, I brought a VEGGIE tray. And of all 4 tables of food I grabbed veggies and one chocolate chip cookie bar. WOW... I'm not sure where the will power came from but I'm so grateful for that little voice that said "Really? If you ReALLy want it then take it but you better REALLY want it." I threw my hands up and walked to the next table. LOL! In the end I grabbed a plate of veggies and one cookie bar.

I've really been struggling lately with when to stop - giving in to temptation, when to cheat, can I cheat with this meal and get right back on track - so I've been praying about it. May seem odd to some that I'm praying for guidance as to when to say yes and when to say no... but nothing else is working right now. I'm not doing it on my own so why not ask for help. Let's see how this goes.

Hope you all are having a great day and Keep your chin up!
  • goonietime
    goonietime Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Been a busy week thus far and haven't made it to the gym since Sunday. Planning on going tonight, but man I just want to do nothing at all. Then I think that's how I got to this point...by doing nothing at all. Power through! Hope you guys are having a great Wednesday!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I am going to Florida on Monday. This better be done!
    rn8gd0rfi3vp.jpeg

• karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone , Hope you all are having a great week :blush:
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 ~ lots of credit to you for cleaning out your sons kitchen. That sounds scary!

@rsenor ~ Yep, alcohol is an issue for me too! I still haven't figured out a good way to do it. I am trying to make lower calorie choices more often. I have found that if I stay at a 1200 cal diet and stick to it food wise then I usually still lose weight even if I have a few (unaccounted for) drinks. I lose slower than the 2 lbs I am set at to lose, but I am still happy with that. I just have to limit it to a few drinks, and not all the drinks! :wink:

@CariTJR ~ Welcome back! You were missed! Give it some time to get back in 100%. But you will be running at full speed in no time! And your bike ride sounds amazing! Having fun and getting some fitness in at the same time!

@MFPJVAL ~ Yep, me too! I lose 2 during the week just to gain 3 over the weekend. I am trying to make sure I am a bit more active on the weekends (I sit at a desk all day during the week) & I am trying to make better choices food wise, but it is hard!

@ShyCush6 ~ You are doing good resisting that ice cream and apple crisp! I seem to remember you mentioning that another time too. (I can never resist ice cream-just stopped buying it)

@47Jacqueline ~ Nice job with the bike ride. Hope you start feeling better soon!

@GillianSmith2 ~ You will have those extra calories burned off in no time! Glad you had a great day!

@JenHul ~ Nice job on the steps! Over 21,000? That's awesome!

@Rachel0778 ~ Stick with it! You will be feeling better in no time!

@ChangeIsADecision ~ Asking for help when you need it is not odd! We all need help once in a while. And you have to give yourself credit for the veggies and only one cookie bar! That is definitely a win!

Well, I have been doing ok this week so far, although I haven't gotten much exercise in. We have been trying to get our house cleaned up since my inlaws are coming tonight. So-I have no idea what to plan for dinners. I don't know if we are cooking at home, eating out... It is so hard to plan! But, we will see how it goes. It should be a nice visit anyway. I meant to say-sorry for not checking in every day. I do read and keep up with all of you every day. But even in real life I am usually the one just sitting back and listening. I'm the quiet one. But you guys are awesome and you do really help to keep me on track and keep me going forward! Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well done @chasidee90 , that's an amazing loss in a short time! That's nearly 2 stone in 4 weeks! Wow!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, it's good to be back. :)

So, yesterday was much better, I managed to stay under my goal and I went for a little 20 min run. In all honesty it probably would have been longer but I couldn't get my stupid headphones to sync with my new phone so I had no music to listen to, and I NEED music when I run, it motivates me. So after 20 mins I was losing enthusiasm and decided to stop it there. But that's ok, I still did better than I thought I would.

I also weighed myself this morning and i've put on 2lb's. I'm alright with this, I'd have expected it to be much worse as i've not logged anything for a month and have been eating total crap and drinking copious amounts of wine, and doing no real exercise, so 2lb is nothing really. In fact, i've done so little exercise my Fitbit has downgraded me from 'Active' to 'Lightly Active' i.e. a lard *kitten* - need to sort that out!

I'm off out for dinner tonight with some friends, so i'm going to try and be as good as possible during the day, and chose something from the menu which isn't 'super bad' tonight. There'll be no drinking as we've all got to drive, so at least that's one thing I won't have to worry about calorie wise....
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    back at it
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @chasidee90 great job with the weight loss. 22lbs in a month is impressive.

@CariTJR Way to jump back in with both feet. I don't blame you with the stopping. Having no music while your doing your thing is a must. If not it is just pure hell.
    How exciting to be going on a bike ride around London, sign me up. Oh ya there is an ocean between us. I can't wait to hear all about it.

@danan01 Have fun with the in-laws. Don't worry about the food it will work its self out. You have been doing great

@47Jacqueline Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy Florida

@bluepoppies777 You have such a great outlook. This whole journey is about the long haul. I am very impatient and I want to lose all of weight loss NOW. However the best way is to slow so it stays gone. Thanks for the reminder.

Hubby was working on my breaks last night and Cassidy had cheer practice for tryouts Saturday so I wasn't able to make it to the gym. I did however get in a workout at home. Wasn't much but it was something. Is anyone else at the moment hating 15 year old girls? Cassidy was able to get her temps yesterday, but didn't due to the fact that her mouth is out of control. Can't I just knock her out and when she wakes up her mouth will be gone and she will be the sweet loving kid I raised. UGH >:) She is just like her dad in she always has to get the last word. Just shut your mouth already! :#:s

Everyone have a good day!

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well - you guys have all been so busy being good, while I've spent the last 5 days falling spectacularly off the wagon! Went to see Captain America on Sunday night and ate popcorn and maltesers, more than my healthy share of a bottle of wine with friends on Monday and then stopped counting on Tuesday and Wednesday when my husband and I were off work. On the plus side, it's been a lovely few days and we got so much stuff done while we were off and Alistair was in nursery - so much easier to achieve stuff around the house when you don't have a small 'helper' with you!

But back to it today - the scale put me up two pounds this morning and while I know I haven't eaten enough to make that real, it's not good and needs to stop! Happy Thursday all :)
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR you'll have those 2lbs off in no time! You'll be back up to fitbit active before you know it

@bluepoppies777 I'm with you on the 1/2lb a week plan! 26lbs is nothing to sneeze at and way better than feeling deprived, bingeing, and then plateauing for the next year and getting nowhere!

@Changeisadecision Praying doesn't sound odd at all. Overeaters Anonymous talks about surrendering to a higher power. Hope it helps you with making the right food decision for you

@GoonieTime How was the gym??

@danan01 How was dinner with the inlaws?

@chasidee90 Congratulations!!!! Way to go!!!

@janetay01 Good for you for hopping on the scale for accountability. I've been too scared to. I'm looking to hop on on Tuesday to see where I'm at after last weekends foodapolooza.

@health_guard sounds like you're on a great streak! I'd be such a *kitten* if I didn't eat until noon! lol
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Finally starting to feel more like myself again. I just have to remind myself to trust in my routine and my methods getting me back on track. I tried on a pair of khaki's I bought only a few months ago and I had to take them off they were so baggy! It was a nice reminder that even though I overdid it I did not undo all of the great progress I have made.

I also decided on a cosplay this summer for our local ComicCon-like event. I'm going to go as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've got 2 months to stay focused and do the best that I can to look as great as possible in my costume. Gotta love goals!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @Changeisadecision Praying doesn't sound odd at all. Overeaters Anonymous talks about surrendering to a higher power. Hope it helps you with making the right food decision for you

Thx @Rachel0778 It seems the next best thing so I'm trying it out. o:) I certainly am not doing very well on my own. I've lost my motivation, been over indulging way too much! Love the Buffy idea by the way. :# Keep up the good work! We can beat this beast!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    .... In fact, i've done so little exercise my Fitbit has downgraded me from 'Active' to 'Lightly Active' i.e. a lard *kitten* - need to sort that out!

@CariTJR - you crack me up... "Lard *kitten*" - Keep your chin up sister. We can do this... one way or another.

So funny that MFP changes that word to *kitten*... :s:#:D
  • MFPJVAL
    MFPJVAL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling very discouraged. I have been doing good with my diet, tracking and exercise for the last month. I even upped my step goal from 10,000 to 13,000 steps a day because I was averaging 14,000 but I weighed myself last night and have not lost a pound. My trainer says he sees me slimming down and thinks I am just losing inches and building muscle but I just don't know. So frustrating!

I guess I will just have to keep going, what else can I do.

Sorry for the vent fest :) - thanks!
  • chasidee90
    chasidee90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MFPJVAL wrote: »
    Today I am feeling very discouraged. I have been doing good with my diet, tracking and exercise for the last month. I even upped my step goal from 10,000 to 13,000 steps a day because I was averaging 14,000 but I weighed myself last night and have not lost a pound. My trainer says he sees me slimming down and thinks I am just losing inches and building muscle but I just don't know. So frustrating!

I guess I will just have to keep going, what else can I do.

Sorry for the vent fest :) - thanks!

I know the struggle! Start paying attention to the way your clothes fit. Sometimes when youbstall its because your brain is having to catch up to the fact that you lost weight so you will see a difference in your clothes and lose inches but not drop any weight. Dont give up! You got this. This is just a small hurdle and then once you reach the end goal it will be sooo worth it!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    .... In fact, i've done so little exercise my Fitbit has downgraded me from 'Active' to 'Lightly Active' i.e. a lard *kitten* - need to sort that out!

@CariTJR - you crack me up... "Lard *kitten*" - Keep your chin up sister. We can do this... one way or another.

So funny that MFP changes that word to *kitten*... :s:#:D

Isn't it? What I don't get is MFP finds the word 'crap' acceptable, but not 'a*rse'! hahahaha.