Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Shy - we seem to be on the same chore list this week. I just got done mowing, weeding and working on my edging. I loved it

Gillian - we are all allowed those days, just enjoy them and get right back on. Hope you had some cake too!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Neither one donut nor one piece of birthday cake need ruin a calorie deficit for a day. Put it in your plan and adjust.
  • jade_sangha
    jade_sangha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Guys help!! I'm well over my ideal weight and have a holiday in a month, and my cousins wedding in 2 months! Add me! I always fail due to motivation! I've been in and out of my fitness pal for years now but always fail because I don't have enough positive motivation
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Cari, glad you are back! Let's set some goals (weight loss and other) for this month and work really hard to achieve them. I want to bike to work more this month, and I will have to think of other things I want to do!

Well, I just signed up to a running challenge and put my goal at 30 miles for this month. I'm going to ease myself back into it, after not running for a month it's going to be tough!
    I should also get back out on my bike too now the weather is getting better.
    I'll think of a few more.... ☺️

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    how funny is it that i have just come on here to admit my sins and everyone is posting about donuts. Well i have just had 2 jam donuts :blush: and i have been out all day with a very good friend having lunch for her birthday so i have gone over on my calories and not got in as many steps as i would like, but it has been a great day :smiley: tomorrow is a 2 workout day so i will get burning those extra calories :)

welcome to the newbies,
    @CariTJR its great to have you back.
    @ShyCush6 you are rocking them steps this week, keep it up :smiley:
    @47Jacqueline well done on the bike ride, get better soon :smile:

You got this Gill... So you had a great day... You will rock it tomorrow... We know you!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Guys help!! I'm well over my ideal weight and have a holiday in a month, and my cousins wedding in 2 months! Add me! I always fail due to motivation! I've been in and out of my fitness pal for years now but always fail because I don't have enough positive motivation

Check in with us often! This is the place to be for motivation! You feel a bit guilty when everyone is posting how awesome they are doing and you step it up! =)
  • jwagner1204
    jwagner1204 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @ ShyCush6
    My name is Jackie, so no Jen here, but I get that question a lot! I know I grew up with a ton of Jen's around, too, so I'm used to it if there's a bunch on here. Lol

What's your name? I'm trying to learn people's names, but I'm meeting so many new people, so it's going to take some time. I just started this journey on Monday morning, but started working on my nutrition over the weekend, so I'm happy to say I'm 2 days for 2 days going strong on the nutrition and getting started on doing my cardio each day. I know it doesn't seem like a lot and I'm working on slowly stepping up my cardio work outs, but getting passed the first full day has been such a difficult thing for me. I started this journey about 6 times in the past 6 months and just couldn't get going. And I'm soooo hard on myself, so I'm glad I have a community on this app.

Please anyone add me. I'm looking for support as much as I want to give it to others as well! Happy Wednesday!! :smile:
  • jwagner1204
    jwagner1204 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    P.S. Does any know if we can receive notifications when someone posts on here and how to do it or do we just need to keep checking back?
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @jwagner1204 & @KAYRRIE Im Nichole and I sent you both a friend request. I found that if I am needing motivation I just check in here and this group makes me feel better. They help with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

@ShyCush6 & @FitEqualsSmile I really need to get into the yard and weed. I don't have a green thumb at all.

@CariTJR Welcome back. I'm sure RC is just like riding a bike. Once you get back into it you will kick *kitten*.

@47Jacqueline Great job with the bike riding.

I would like to apologize to everyone for starting the donut craze. They really are the >:) because it is so hard to eat just one. Very thankful inventory is over and my eating can get back to normal. I walked over 11400 steps again yesterday but forgot to log it. What the heck was I thinking. @ShyCush6 & @jkhoffe you guys are killing it everyday with your steps. I usually average between 7000-8000 a day. I am trying to get up to the 10000 mark everyday.

Happy HUMP day to everyone. Keep on killin it. We are strong and we got this. :)
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Urgh! Failed miserably on my first day back.....got home from my first day back at work and was so tired I got a take-out curry for dinner and drank 3 Bacardi & cokes (diet) - whoooops.
    Oh well, today is another day and I have already decided to go for a little run tonight to get back into the routine. I'll prob manage about a minute before I feel like dying but i'll try anyway.
    I thought of something else I need to work on too - smoking.....yeah I know, it's a nasty dirty habit, but i've been so stressed lately i've found myself smoking more and more again, so I need to work on stopping that.
    I also need to get back into the Fitbit challenges for some motivation - add me, add me, add me!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2Q59TV @CariTJR this is my Fitbit link! Feel free to add me, as I enjoy challenges too.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Yesterday was a great day for me (steppage wise) not really a word but ok. I did over 21,256! My daily goal is 12 000 and sometimes I struggle to reach that. But flag football season has started so my two children are at the field for two hours at night. I walk around and around the football field while they practice/play. I also got in a early morning run/jog/walk/gasp for breath on the treadmill. Have a great day everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile How was the magic doughnut???

@ShyCush6 Resisting apple crisp and 18K steps?! You're a rockstar

@47Jacqueline Great job on the bike tour!

@GillianSmith2 Sounds like a very fun way to overindulge. It must have been doughnut Wednesday yesterday!

@CariTJR Sometimes curry and booze needs to happen, especially after the month you've had! Today is a new day to start fresh!

@JenHul You are a stepping rockstar! Walking the field sounds like a great way to get them in while being there to support the kiddos

@ngolden3320 Glad to hear inventory is over, that sounded like quite the project!

@jwagner1204 Welcome! Click the star button on the post to add it to your favorites for notifications. I'm sorry to hear you're being so hard on yourself. Maybe it's time to adopt a new philosophy and a new way to lose that's less abusive and more sustainable? I wish you the best!

Welcome all newcomers! Keep posting!!

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Getting back into kickboxing definitely helped to make me feel like my old self, but the bloat is still there. Seriously, my stomach is still so distended I look pregnant and it's driving me crazy! Patience is not my virtue but I have no choice but to stick with it and go slow and steady. Luckily there's no big food weekends on the horizon for awhile which will really help get me back on track!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I got a new toy for my bike called boomBOTTLE (about $80) to replace my Canz808 speaker ($25). I hate wearing headphones. It fits right in my water bottle holder (I use a camel back pack), sounds amazing, and is weather resistant. A 3 hour USB port charge will run it at full volume for 12 hours. The weather looks amazing for cycling Friday after work and Saturday....The trails will sound great! Picture of one is below:

ejvzveh73r3a.jpg

• CariTJR
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2Q59TV @CariTJR this is my Fitbit link! Feel free to add me, as I enjoy challenges too.

Added! :smile:
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Oh I forgot! I've also signed up to bike ride around London in July. I think it's 10 miles, so not too far, but they close the whole of central London down for it, so we'll get to cycle round Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament all without any traffic - how cool is that!
    I'm doing it with my friend Sam, we thought we'd make a day of it and have a nice lunch etc (and probably a few drinks!), see the sights, AND get some exercise in at the same time. Win win!
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Looks like an awesome group, everyone is so positive (which I need cuz I can be a little too hard on myself sometimes)

So a little about me, I joined because I am getting married, and got back my engagement photos, and hated the way I looked in them! I moved cross country and started a new job about 6 months ago, and knew I had let things go a bit, but the photos were a wake up call! Too much wine, and going out.

I started tracking everything a couple weeks ago, and joined a boot camp class this week so full steam ahead! Looking forward to getting to know all of you. :smile:
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Sorry I have not been on in a while. Had some major family medical problems, but now everything seems to be doing good. So I am back at it. Hope everyone has been doing well since I've been away and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
  • MFPJVAL
    MFPJVAL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I love reading all your comments and stories. They are always very inspiring & motivating. I also feel like i'm not the only one struggling. So thank you all!

I am having a good week so far step wise! Monday logged 14,000 and Tuesday was over 15,000. I am also working with a trainer and even though I have not lost weight, I have noticed a difference in my shape. The goal is not to see instant success but to make a change to succeed in life!

@Tweaking_Time where did you get the boombottle? my husband would really like it.

p.s I wish everyday was donut day!