Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Alright girls... let's take some time... I have a funeral tomorrow and a weekend of soccer and running, so hopefully no time to eat horrible! Then we are hitting it hard come Monday! Seriously!! Let's plan on busting *kitten* next week!! You, me and Dana!! Let's do this!!

Me too, me too, me too! Back to routine for me from Monday. I've got to start trying to get some kind of 'normality' back into my life after everything that's happened. Back to RC for me, which is going to be super tough after a month of no running, but I'm determined to get back to it. See you all on the other side of the weekend.... ☺️

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well we are on day 4 of the cleanse. I have pretty much been off sugar for a few months but when I can't have it I WANT IT. It is going to a really long 6 days.
    All is going well here. I am taking a few days off from the gym, with all the painting I have been doing, adding rowing to my program and attempting to improve my yoga positioning I have really screwed up my shoulders. I go to my most active yoga class tomorrow and I am going to speak to my instructor to see if she thinks I need to head to the doctor. Sleeping has been a b*tch for the past few days.

Have a great night.
    Welcome to all the newbies. Feel free to add me!!

@health_guard - I hear the work out videos for the 21 day fix are the best.

@brb_2013 - good news on the new goal date. Keep up the great work.

Joy - I love a good barre class. They are a lot harder than people think for sure. My muscles sure scream the next day.

Dana - I feel you on the sons..19 and 18 here. Sometimes I just want to kill ((hug)) them.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Friday :smiley: NSV for me today 2 inch loss from waist, 1 inch from hips and 1 inch from thighs yayyy.

@FitEqualsSmile good idea to take a few days off if your injured, i am having a rest day today after suffering with high optical pressure last night :disappointed:
    @CariTJR glad you are getting back to it have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday :smiley:

Have a great day everyone :smiley:
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @danan01 I feel your pain with the kids. Mine are also great kids but some days >:):# .

@FitEqualsSmile I hope everything is ok with your shoulder and it is nothing that a little rest wont fix.

@CariTJR You will be killing it at RC in no time! :)

@ShyCush6 I will be right there with you on Monday.

@GillianSmith2 Great job on the NSV. Now that is the way to start the weekend.

@goonietime Good luck on your quest for a swim suit.

@bluepoppies777 I will second that. MFP and you guys have kept me on track. Any other time I have tried to do this I have given up. And trust me there have been times I have thought about it. But now it is just a passing thought. I am so impatient and want imitate results. Haven't lost as much as I would have like up to this point, however I have lost inches and just feel better in general. So thanks you guys for kicking my butt!

Welcome to all of the newbies. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

So today is Friday. Yeah. I don't know why it takes so freaking long to get here. Mom update. She told me yesterday that her sugar was down to 85 in the morning and that she felt good and had some energy. Thank God! I told her see what happens when you take your medicine. So now I am praying that in the next week or two when all of the pills are firmly in her system she will start to be back to her old self again.

So hubby is going to our cabin to go turkey hunting again this weekend. Yeah! :) Love him to death but sure do like it when he goes to cabin. I think I might start going through old pictures for Jenna's graduation party.

Everyone have a great Friday and hopefully the clocks are on our side today and don't stand still cause I'm about done with this whole work thing for the week. :#
  • ngolden3320
    Options
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 - way to go with the self defense lessons, it's probably a great workout and you never know when it might get you or your girls out of serious trouble so a winner all round. And pleasantly surprising dad - all the better :smiley: I hear you on the long weeks and how it takes so long to get to Friday at work. I'm over it for the week! Good to hear your mum is on the right track again.

@health_guard - heard mixed things about the 21 day fix and I thought it was expensive for what was on offer. Hope it works well for you - let us know what you think of it!

@ShyCush6 - hope the funeral goes ok and that you also get some relief from such long days. Took about needing a kick up the butt - I've been trying to administer the kick to myself all week! It's going reasonably ok but I'm going to the cinema on Sunday evening - Captain America - so we are likely having takeout pizza before we go. So I'll be joining in the butt kicking again with you on Monday morning!

@danan01 - glad you had a good birthday, albeit not impressed by the restaurant. It's funny but it's a side effect that I've found from the healthy eating and cooking all our own food, I'm far harder to impress when we go out for a meal and expect far higher standards - so I'm regularly disappointed and come back realising that home cooked food is good! Hope you make good progress with the house this weekend :)

@bluepoppies777 - good luck with your son moving back. My lad is only 16 months so a way to go with that - I can't imagine what it must be like to have them around for all that time then have them move out, let alone then find that they come back again later!!!

@goonietime - I take my boy swimming each Saturday and it was the buying of the swimsuit for me that held me back from it for a long time so I totally get where you are coming from - however there are some really nice options out there these days so go do it and think of the benefits from the swimming!

@CariTJR - good to see you back - good luck with running club.

@FitEqualsSmile - good plan to take some time out from the gym, it sounds like you've got plenty of other activity to be getting on with. Hope the shoulder is ok.

@GillianSmith2 - great news on the inches lost, gotta love those NSV's!

And welcome to all the newbies, keep coming back and posting!

Whew, that's a lot of catch ups! Well, it's Friday here and I'm battling through to the bank holiday weekend here in the UK - improved by the fact that hubby and I have taken holiday on Tuesday and Wednesday as well - woohoo! Going to see Captain America Civil War on Sunday which I'm pathtically excited about - we've got a baby sitter lined up and everything! Hope the weekend treats you all well and here's to kicking some butt next week :smiley:
  • amyleebenya
    amyleebenya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! :smiley:
    I'm Amy, I'm a type II diabetic from Bangor, Maine. I'm looking to lose between 20 to 30lbs. I find that I'll do well for a while, but if I don't see the progress I get frustrated and just give up. I want immediate results, I'm pretty impatient, but with things like this it takes time! I got a fitness tracker, but it wont sync to anything I own. I'm hoping when I get a new phone next week it will work!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Well my yoga teacher told me no more chaturanga until the shoulder are better and gave me some alternate moves so yea. I was able to do most of class so I was still happy. Day five of the cleanse and going strong. Tomorrow is going to stink as we have a charity dinner to go to. I hear it is REALLY long which is going to be REALLY hard with no alcohol..

Hope everyone has a great Friday. SMILE!!!

Nichole - You are so far ahead of me. My youngest if graduating this year. I have his invitations sitting here to go out but that is as far as I have gotten, oh, I have bought cups.

Joy - Good news about your Mom. I am happy she is taking it seriously. My FIL and my mother refuse to believe they are pre-diabetic and have not changed anything. It drives me crazy.

@janetay01 - have fun on your holiday and enjoy the movie. I can not wait to see it myself with my son. Those are our movies.

Amy - welcome to the board. When things like to get hard just head back here read away. I find these boards really help me refocus.
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So I'm very excited that I am down 4lbs this week :smiley: I know it is water weight because it's my first week but it's still very exciting and motivating.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great weekend in spite of the rain predicted on the east coast for Sunday.

I am MOTIVATED to ride in the largest bike tour (5 Borough Bike Tour - 35K people) in the country, and CHALLENGED, but not frustrated that it's predicting rain all day. :o

This was last year. The bruise on my mouth was from avoiding running into a car that stopped short in front of me the week before. No injuries (knock on wood) this year. :)

grd8alfuuncn.jpg
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I woke up feeling much better this morning - not 100% exhausted! Yesterday at work a few people looked at me and said "you look really tired" with a funny look on their face, so I must have looked like the walking dead!

Oh Dana - it is so nice when your kids move out...! (not that I didn't miss him, but it was a nice break). Especially since the months before he moved out the attitude was in overdrive, and it was so obvious he needed to leave and spread his wings. My hubs and I have had many a good chuckle over the months he was gone. He would come home for dinner and eat everything in sight and say "man, groceries are expensive" or "my roommates are pigs, they don't even clean anything up." OMG we had to bite our tongues, ummmm yup, we know that feeling! HA! I think him being back with be much better this time, with him having some life experience under his belt.

Jane! In UK the Cap Am movie is out this weekend? MAN!! It releases on May 6th here in Canada. My hub's bday is May 11 so we are all going to see the movie on the 6th or 7th because that is what he wants to do for his bday. LOL! Living in a house of boys I've seen all the avengers, transformers, super hero, fast and furious etc movies. No chick flicks unless I go with girlfriends!

Nic and Karen - get on that graduation stuff you two! ;) So much to do for that very special day. They are on top of the world that day, that's for sure.

Karen, nice that you can still do your yoga with some different poses for your shoulders. and good for you for sticking with the cleanse! That's not easy!!

Karina - kudos for 4 lbs! That is nothing to sneeze at, water or not it's gone!! So keep up the good work!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. Let's sweat and smile, ladies!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @karina0679 First week Shmirst week - take it and run. Congrats. Every point counts and gets you to your goal.

@47Jacqueline - Goodluck this weekend, I will pray for good weather. I walked the Avon 39 last year and we basically circled Manhattan in October. It was so cold but I got to see parts of the city I had never seen before. That part was wonderful. Have an excellent time.

Joy - doesn't it make you feel so good when people tell you "boy, you look tired", WOW.
  • MFPJVAL
    MFPJVAL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

I am working with a personal trainer, lifting weights 2 days a week and doing conditioning 1 day a week. Does anyone know how I would track this on MFP? I am not currently tracking it in my exercise because I don't want to over calcutate.

I hope has a fun, healthy & fit weekend!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @MFPJVAL ... I had a heart rate monitor I wore when I worked out to track my calories in the beginning. I now sometimes wear it and sometimes not. I would use circuit training under cardio to track but from my benchmarks that was about 15 to 25% high on me. I am 5" 5' 156lb or so to give you a comparison. I track my exercise but don't have the calories added to my plan, it is just a good log on when I have done when.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Evening girls. I'm pretty sure my girls are
  • goonietime
    goonietime Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Found a suit and went swimming for an hour this morning. Things I learned at 36: stop caring so much about what other people think and take care of yourself. I don't think I've owned a swimsuit since I was in high school. Ha! Hope everyone had a stellar weekend!
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Frustration-

I thought dropping 30lbs would bring me close to 15% bf from 28% but all I've gotten is 21% -feels like I'd have to drop another 20lbs to get there.

Kinda ticked off but oh well.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the 5BBT tomorrow. Cloudy early, changing to rain by 9am, rain ALL DAY (80%), and max temp of 52.
    Waterproof pants, jacket and boots. :#o:)
    fzo1aljr1o67.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Alright girls... let's take some time... I have a funeral tomorrow and a weekend of soccer and running, so hopefully no time to eat horrible! Then we are hitting it hard come Monday! Seriously!! Let's plan on busting *kitten* next week!! You, me and Dana!! Let's do this!!

Me too, me too, me too! Back to routine for me from Monday. I've got to start trying to get some kind of 'normality' back into my life after everything that's happened. Back to RC for me, which is going to be super tough after a month of no running, but I'm determined to get back to it. See you all on the other side of the weekend.... ☺️

@CariTJR @ShyCush6 @bluepoppies777
    Hey Ladies.... been MIA for a little while, took a little break from everything internet wise. Work has literally been insane and when it gets busy like that I feel like I can't focus on anything. LOL!

I was crewzing our thread here trying to get caught up ever gonna happen* and I saw this HARD CORE, *kitten*busting PLAN for next week! I wanna jump in on this. I'm in need of some motivation, it's getting too warm to walk at lunch now so now it's time for me to start getting my junk outta bed in the morning to get my work in BEFORE work. I did pretty good last week but not really hard core stuff. It's time for HARD CORE!! Are you starting an actual group page or just updating on here?

BTW, to all that are posting that you've typed a long message and when you post it erased all but 4 words of your message.... I would suggest before you hit "post reply" to highlight your reply, right click and copy! That way if it doesn't post it you can paste it in the box again without having to type it all again. :)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i hope you have all had a great weekend.

Does anyone know a good way to work out your body fat% ? I have been on a few sites but it keeps giving me a low figure so i think i must be doing something wrong :blush: