Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ru freaking kidding me. I just typed a big long message and that's all it saved. WTH
  • Photograhicsoul
    Photograhicsoul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I am 27y old and I need to lose about 35lbs to my goal weight. It can be less, since if I have more muscle I can look the way I want to and still weight more. My goal is more the overall shape/strength/energy. Weight is just a detail.
    I have been in and out of MFP during the last year, because I just have too much going on to always log all the food I eat. However, now I looked at the stats from last year and I am happy that I was around a bit, as I saw what I've been feeling last year exactly: black on white record that in a period of about a year I have dropped and gained anywhere from 1 to 8lbs every few months...Clear proof that I know what to do, but have a hard time doing it for long enough. The end result of that was actually few lbs more than I started with. Frustrating.
    However in the last 10 days I'm back to eating better and exercising more(with varied exercise and lots of it) and I doubt I can lose enough weight in the time I have until some events - either until May 15 or June 5....But I hope to continue losing steadily and getting in better shape. I can definitely feel increase in energy after a week of better eating, and I have lost about 2lbs. I just need to keep strong mentally, which is where I usually fail after 1-2 weeks. I hope I can join all of you in the sharing of good and bad in our journeys. Have you guys made some sort of group, or do you just share here?
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    What I was trying to say was Happy Hump Day.

So far so good with mom and taking her meds. She has a Dr.'s appointment this morning and my sister is going with her. Makes me feel better that someone will be with her so she doesn't forget anything and we get all of the information.

Karina, Good Luck with Jenny Craig. I could one never afford it and two like Joy I have a family and have to cook anyways. And some days it takes all I have to cook one meal let alone two.

Gillian, loved you meme. So true the only way to get through this journey and life in general is one day at a time.

Shy, I feel your pain. what is it with work and expecting us to do the work of 2 people. don't they know that we have more pressing MFP matters that are more important?

So made it to the gym yesterday and then to softball. We won again, however if any of you have ever been to through the first year, well that is what this is like. The league we are in is not very good. The girls get a lot of hitting and then when they play good teams then it takes a couple f time through the order to get the bats going.

I made a goal for myself yesterday to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks. Jenna graduates high school :'( and I will be needing a new dress. That is my reward. That and the most important part seeing my baby walk across the stage. :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @Photograhicsoul - welcome! No support group - just post here regularly and share the good, bad and the ugly :smiley:
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    well i have just had a strength and core kickboxercise class and managed to up the weights i use. It might not seem like much but if you try punching constantly for 2 minute sets with 2kg weights in each hand you soon feel it, and after 1 hour you know you have had a good work out.

@ngolden3320 what a great reason to set a new goal. you will rock it :smiley:
    @jkhoffe well done on getting out for that run :smiley:
    @Photograhicsoul welcome to the group :smiley:

Have a great day everyone :smiley:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 Weighted punching is a serious burn! You are a rockstar for upping weights

@healthguard Congrats on going back to school. What kind of work do you want to do with your upcoming degree?

@ngolden3320 Sounds like you've got an exciting milestone ahead of you! 10 pounds or not you are going to look fantastic at your daughter's graduation

@PhotoGraphics Welcome! Keep posting :)

@janetay01 You're absolutely right, it's amazing how much different we feel depending on what we put in our bodies. Hopefully all that healthy food will have you back to feeling great in no time!

@jkhoffe Way to go!!!! You ran that stress into the ground!

@ShyCush6 Glad you were able to pop in amidst the craziness. Hopefully work dies down soon for you :)

@karina0679 Sounds like you've got a good plan going forward. Back when I was in grad school, I got into the habit of making a big slow cooker filled with a healthy recipe that I could eat off of for the week. It took almost no time at all and saved me a ton of money since I was dirt broke. Hopefully you can set up a small amount of time every week to meal prep for a successful week.

@bluepoppies777 Too true! I love your memes! Great job killing it at the bike and barre class. What a great class concept! Those 4lbs are going to be gone in no time
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I ended up waking up at 5:30am to finish up my packing for our weekend in North Dakota. I am absolutely exhausted and it's only 8:30am. Here's to hoping today goes by really fast. I'm looking forward to sleeping a lot in the car after work!
  • Chellidore
    Chellidore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :* I'm a newbie here and I'm hoping to lose about 60 pounds :'( I'm very short (about 5'1) and very chubby :'(:'( Since I'm into games and computer stuffs, I'm not that active throughout the whole day. And I have a thing for food :* so diet has always been a nightmare... Anyways, I would love to hear any tips from you guys and also wanna make some friends too :D
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday! This week has been one so far where the motivation is just not there. I haven't completely gone off track-still logging. But not motivated to exercise and eating a bit more than I should. I have gone in and changed my goals down to one pound a week loss to up my calories a bit. Maybe I will try to stick to that for a while to see if that will help. Then I wont feel so bad eating a bit more but still being within my goal. I don't know why-but the chips and salsa just jump out at me every day when I get home. (It doesn't help that my son is usually eating them when I get home) We are heading out to eat tonight for my birthday to a restaurant that just opened up in town. I haven't been there before so it should be fun. I am not going to worry too much today. Maybe if I give myself a couple of weeks, then lower my calories again I can get back to where I want to be. I am still about at my low-so I haven't done bad. I just haven't done great either. I was hoping to hit onederland before today, but I just can't seem to get rid of those last 5 pounds. But it will come. I just cant give up! I will get there! Anyway-hope everyone has a great day! You are all doing awesome!
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, Sooooo My boss just brought me a plate of brownies because it's Administrative Professionals Day :neutral: They are just sitting here on my desk ...Temptation at its best lol
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    @karina0679 Do you have a break or lunch room? You could place them in there and let everyone else eat the calories
  • karina0679
    Options
    @ngolden3320 We don't here in the office however, I am not going to eat them ..I placed them somewhere where everyone can have some... :wink:
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    @Chellidore welcome fellow shorty, but you are still taller than me. I'm 4"11 lol
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 sounds like you had a busy but good weekend. Its nice to get the walks in when you get a chance! Hang in there with work. At least being busy makes the time go by fast. We are so slow at work right now! At least I still have a job, but it makes for long days!

@janetay01 Nice that you are starting to crave fruit and veggies over the other stuff!

@jkhoffe great job getting yourself out for that run!

@Photograhicsoul and @Chellidore Welcome!

@ngolden3320 Glad to hear things are going good with your mom. Its nice that you and your sister can be there for her. Softball sounds fun! I used to play, but haven't been on a league since my husband and I started dating. Almost 18 years ago... Yikes! Have fun dress shopping. That is an exciting moment to enjoy!

@health_guard good luck with the classes! That is hard to juggle work, school, life and still try to be healthy. Good for you for making it to the gym!

@GillianSmith2 your exercise classes sound awesome! Way to up the weights. Those kind of classes scare me. I don't think I could do it.

@Rachel0778 have a good trip! Where in ND are you going? I used to live in Bismarck and also Fargo for a bit.

@karina0679 way to reduce temptation! We have got cake in the office today. Maybe just a small piece? They tell me that on your birthday cake has 0 calories-maybe I can go with that! :wink:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Dana! (if I had confetti, I would throw it!) Hope you have an awesome night out for dinner. Calories don't count on your birthday, right? Someone said that in this thread before, I'm sure! I changed mine to 1 lb loss a week to up my cals a while ago too. I'm in the middle of a fight to the death struggle with sugar. WTH, you feed it a little, and it becomes a huge monster... ugh. I think I will have to go off cold turkey to get myself back on track.

And yes, Karina - Admin professionals day here today too... I did break down and have the banana bread, but miraculously said no to the cupcakes! Why can't they just bring in wine?? Like seriously!

Rachel... welcome to my world of getting up at 5:30am. Makes the days seem really long by the end of the evening! Good that you are all packed, and your OH will chauffeur you to your in laws! Nice! Enjoy your trip.

Jane - I like that, the good, the bad, and the ugly! That's the truth! I would have to say that today the good is that I only ate 1.5 pieces of banana bread, and I'm going for a walk on my lunch break. The bad is my sweet tooth is out of control and I'm super chubbo right now... not feeling like a slim fox, that's for sure. And the ugly is I'm wearing a new bra and it's super tight! Yikes! not comfortable, but there's no way I'm going bra-less at work! ;)

Welcome @Chellidore I'm only 5'4" and a chubmaster right now. It takes work and diligence, that's for sure. But I have to say, when you are just starting out and have not been active at all, that just going for a daily walk can make a huge difference. Also, get rid of all your junk food in your house and load up on healthy fruits and veg and lean meats. Cut out the fast food, and drink lots of water. You will start seeing a difference, and then you can add more exercise etc.
    We all have our ups and downs (I'm in a down at the moment, trying to get back on track!), but we all keep trying every day. So don't give up!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I popped in to the dojo this evening and it was empty so i decided to start the C25K and did better than i thought i would. it was only running around in circles but at least its a start, Then one of my friends walked in and asked me to do a workout session with her so i ended up doing another weighted punching workout OMG am i going to ache tomorrow :wink:

@danan01 Happy Birthday, enjoy your evening :smiley:
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 Rockstar workout, way to go!!!

@bluepoppies777 Sugar is definitely on my favorites list too. Although if I cut it out I end up hardcore bingeing so I've had to play the moderation game, which is always tricky.

@danan01 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I agree with Joy, enjoy today to the fullest. And dropping down to 1lb to make it more manageable sounds like a perfect plan.

@health_guard That's an awesome plan! We'll have to be calling you Dr. soon :)

@Karina0679 How'd the brownie plan go?

Welcome @Chellidore!

Well I am off to the great North so I probably won't be posting until Monday, I hope you all have a great weekend!

• karina0679
    Options
    Hi ladies I ended having a small piece of the brownie but that's it :wink: I went for a 30 minute walk during my lunch break It's been a good day so far.
  • tklincoln
    tklincoln Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Looking for some positive motivation on my journey to loose 50lbs. Would love it join this group. You are all so down to earth and have real struggles ... I don't feel alone !!!!
  • Tigerlilly98a40
    Tigerlilly98a40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    New here! Need positive encouragement and motivation. Send FR