Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• jenninthesun
    jenninthesun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my success- 2.5 weeks with no sugar and no bread! feeling great!
  • NewMau
    NewMau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Managed to overcome my sweet cravings tonight!! Proud of myself.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @danan01 Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your dinner. And NO I don't believe those calories count.

@GillianSmith2 what is dojo? And great job on your two workouts yesterday. You go girl!

@bluepoppies777 Sugar is my weakness also.

@karina0679 Great job on only taking 1 bite of the brownie. You got your fix and didn't over indulge.

@tklincoln , @Tigerlilly98a40, & @Chellidore Welcome. I sent you all friend request. Hope to hear from you often.

@jenninthesun 2.5 weeks with no sugar or bread. Wow that is impressive.

@newmau Great job at overcoming the sweet tooth today.

Rachel, have fun on your trip.

I would have to say that we all pretty much kicked butt yesterday. We are just awesome!! :)

Yesterday I got in a quick 21 minutes on the arc trainer at the gym and then the girls and I went to a self defense class. It was the real deal, I have the bruises to prove it. Both girls argued that it was stupid and didn't want to go. Once they got there and started to learn some moves it all changed. It was fun watching them and they really learned something. When they came home and showed dad (who I think thought it was a joke) there moves he was impressed. He is not one to go easy on anyone when the are wrestling or anything, so when they were able to break free it surprised him. If you ever have the opportunity to go to a class I recommend it. It was fun yet empowering and if it can save mine or the girls life one day! Well that is just a win win.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 a dojo is a martial arts training room.

ee64n2dk6upk.jpg

well done to you and your girls for going to the self defense class, That's awesome.

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies!

Jkhoffe – Way to go on the run Tuesday!! You go girl!

Jane – Way to go with the fruit!! Great snacking!

Nicole – That sucks it didn’t save your message… It must just be phones as I haven’t ever had a problem with my computer. I get to sit through a wet and cold soccer game tonight! Brr!! It’s almost May!! Come on spring!! Aww! Graduation…. I can’t imagine that day! You got this… new dress… here we come! Way to go on the arc trainer!! I think a self defense class is a great idea! Glad you all enjoyed it!

Gill – Way to go on the weights too… You are rocking it girl!! Holy workouts woman! You are so inspiring!

Rachel – enjoy North Dakota… Enjoy your family time!! And the homegrown fresh food… nothing better than that! Hope you got some sleep on the way!

Dana – Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great meal! Hang in there…. We all have slumps… great idea upping the calories and giving yourself time… You got this.. your head is still in the game… Just slowing down the pace. I do agree that cake has no calories on your birthday!! ;) Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Karina – Ugh… brownies! Well at least he thought of you! =) Good for you for sharing!

Joy – I think I am with you… I need to cut sugar… that might be my only way! So addicting! Way to go saying no to the cupcake though!! You rock! That is too crazy… I am 5’4” as well and feeling chubbo!!! I’m on the downward swoop as well and fighting to get back up is not easy sometimes!

Jenninthesun – Awesome job!!!

Well... I'm checking in before it gets too busy... another 10 hour day in my wake... ugh! I have off tomorrow for my uncle's funeral so I am trying to get caught up! Busy day ahead. I need to go grocery shopping as my house is getting bare... sounds like it could be a good thing, but then again the choices are great and therefore I make bad picks of what to grab for lunches and snacks... I need to step it up!
    Sounds like most of us are kicking butt.. a few others need a kick in the butt... myself included... so feel free!! Hope you all have a great day!!Let's do this!!

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I woke up and thought I should weigh right away, but hadn't gone to the bathroom yet because my body takes a while to wake up and I didn't think I'd go before work. My first weight was up from yesterday, but of course I wasn't too concerned I totally understand the deal. Then I did end up going before work and found a loss instead :) Very nice! I know I can't expect it every day but trendweight is showing my goal getting closer and closer :) Just a week ago it put my goal at December of 2022!! Now it says August 2018 because I'm getting closer to being on track :)

I'm proud of myself for not letting a few weeks of ups/downs and back and forth weigh ins discourage me.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Shy I feel for you too bite at the cold damp soccer game. The cold is bad enough but when it is damp or raining. Ugh. That just sucks.

Gillian. Thanks. Martial arts looks like fun in a get ur butt kicked sort of way.
  • aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm on a mission now!
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me.. PLEASE!! :smile:
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thank you all for the birthday wishes! We had a good dinner last night, although I wasn't too impressed with the restaurant. Not some place I would probably choose to go in the future. But nice having dinner with my family. I really do need to get back on track here. I am thinking I will give myself the weekend (We are leaving tonight again to go to the house and try to get it done) and then Monday I will drop my calorie goal back down and get back to it! I can do it if I just push myself. I need to up the steps too! Add me to the butt kicking list! Have a great day everyone!
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Hope everyone has a successful day :)
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    h2fwql9yka5d.jpg
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Shy - I'm seriously positive we are TWINS! :D We have to kick our own butts to get back in the game here!

I'm with you, Dana, I think I will give myself the weekend because I'm still exhausted from last week. It's my good friend's birthday on Saturday, so three couples are going wine tasting and then having dinner. Should be fun! Also, this weekend my 21 year old son is moving back home (yikes!). It's been so quiet and clean for the last 9 months, I'm dreading it a little bit to be honest! But of course it will be nice to have him back. I'll make him mow the lawn! LOL! (actually, I should mow just for the exercise)!

Did the barre class last night and I noticed I am actually improving! One thing I've noticed this week is that A) without this group, I would have probably deleted the app and ate the whole world while lying on the couch in my underwear, B) for me to be successful takes planning and care - like healthy groceries, adequate sleep, and planned gym time, and C) I need a good head space, which comes easier with B!

So thanks all for your positive comments and for all the support for the whole group! We can all do this together!!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow-good luck with your son moving back in Joy! We are at the point where we can't wait for them to go! (Kind of exaggerating, but not really) My husband threatened them today with getting rid of internet, cell phones and they can pay their own car insurance if they don't start respecting the little bit of rules we do give them. All we ask is they clean up after themselves, which includes putting their dishes and laundry away. I am thinking those are pretty simple things. They are good kids, and I have to remind myself that some day they will leave, and then what. But some days the mess takes over and its a struggle. Hopefully it goes good for you! And it really is nice to have them there!
  • goonietime
    goonietime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going swimsuit shopping this weekend, which makes me want to set the world on fire. Not like an Alicia Keys kind of fire, but more like a Stephen King's Carrie kind of fire. I have to get over myself and do it. Adding the swimming to the workout is going to be super beneficial. I just...well...you get it. Ugh. To fitness!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    1scwqr3u9mq5.jpg

Love it Gill! I need a swift kick! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Shy - I'm seriously positive we are TWINS! :D We have to kick our own butts to get back in the game here!

I'm with you, Dana, I think I will give myself the weekend because I'm still exhausted from last week. It's my good friend's birthday on Saturday, so three couples are going wine tasting and then having dinner. Should be fun! Also, this weekend my 21 year old son is moving back home (yikes!). It's been so quiet and clean for the last 9 months, I'm dreading it a little bit to be honest! But of course it will be nice to have him back. I'll make him mow the lawn! LOL! (actually, I should mow just for the exercise)!

Did the barre class last night and I noticed I am actually improving! One thing I've noticed this week is that A) without this group, I would have probably deleted the app and ate the whole world while lying on the couch in my underwear, B) for me to be successful takes planning and care - like healthy groceries, adequate sleep, and planned gym time, and C) I need a good head space, which comes easier with B!

So thanks all for your positive comments and for all the support for the whole group! We can all do this together!!

Alright girls... let's take some time... I have a funeral tomorrow and a weekend of soccer and running, so hopefully no time to eat horrible! Then we are hitting it hard come Monday! Seriously!! Let's plan on busting *kitten* next week!! You, me and Dana!! Let's do this!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    goonietime wrote: »
    I'm going swimsuit shopping this weekend, which makes me want to set the world on fire. Not like an Alicia Keys kind of fire, but more like a Stephen King's Carrie kind of fire. I have to get over myself and do it. Adding the swimming to the workout is going to be super beneficial. I just...well...you get it. Ugh. To fitness!

I just ordered a new suit! And I love it! I don't say that much about swim suits!! I wish you all the luck!!! This is the first time I saw one I liked, ordered it and it fit... And I like it on me!! that just doesn't happen!