Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Still the same number on the scale, ughhh!! It's TOM now, so there better be a good drop of numbers next week, I've been doing my 500kcal deficit with such accuracy, my patience is thinning without any scale reward!
    Off the scale my stomach has shrunk and I'm not so hungry, which is good. Moving in 5 days, so my mind is occupied with packing and life admin, less time for it to wander to the kitchen.

Can't wait for the morning when I'll be able to write here that I've killed the 2,4kg I had gained this summer, would be perfect if that happened till my move, to start on a blank page :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It's a breezy 77F here at the Jersey Shore! I'm gonna go for a walk once my phone charges. It's been a few weeks since I have walked and I'm really looking forward to it. Then I am going to spend the rest of the evening on my back porch with my laptop and a beer!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    sounds really nice HGSmith, We're about to have another heat wave for a week, ugh 108-104. been busy the last couple days, picked up my grand dtr from pre school thursday, took her over to grand sons 5th B day, won't bore you with details just to say I was with little kids ALL day, love them & my kids but it wore me out I had to nap friday. There were other ppl things too so only got to go to HIIT class last Wednesday. I usually go 3 days/wk. Tomorrow is my mammogram appt, so plan to go in evening. Been trying my best to eat less so I can lose the rest of the weight. Made a bunch of lean ground turkey patties (we love them) & lots of veggies/salad. Started to get discouraged & wondered if the HIIT is doing me good, but today for church I put on these longer shorts that are a bit stretchy & snug & they were a bit TOO big, yay for me. After the 4th is when I get my monthly eval with the trainer where she takes measurements & body fat %, etc my BMI is 27, so I'm almost out of the over weight, altho this one place accounts age & says I'm good the way I am.But I'm determined to lose 15 more lbs.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 How was your walk along the shore? That sounds like a wonderfully relaxing evening

@Evamutt You're so close to a regular BMI, way to go!!! How clothes fit is definitely a stronger factor than a number on the scale

@gymprincess1234 It's only been a few days, you didn't gain it all overnight and you won't lose it that way either :)

@rachelbachel32 Great job maintaining over your bachelorette party, that is amazing! Sorry to hear about the RSVPs, that sounds like a nightmare

My weekend was absolutely wonderful. We spent all day Saturday at the Renaissance Festival. Sunday I spent the day cooking and catching up on stuff around the house. I also took my dog on a 4 mile walk around town. Sunday night was of course Game of Thrones season finale! My brownies went over so well I only had 1 to bring home so not too much junk around the house. For a healthy morning snack, I made these: http://drizzlemeskinny.com/blueberry-cream-cheese-muffins/ and they were pretty good!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Usually after a good week I have scale weightloss too, but now I stopped stepping on it every morning, wasn't good for me mentally and I can see the flat stomach, that will be enough till numbers change too.

Excited today, spoke to my uni and after France I am moving to Canada for 4months starting after Christmas. :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 It wasn't actually a walk along the shore. Lol. I just live in a town by the beach. Lol. It was just my normal walk but it was relaxing none the less. Lol. I'm glad you had a good weekend. Today is my last day off until Sunday. Lol. But then I have another three days weekend because of the holiday and then a doctors appointment on Tuesday.

@gymprincess1234 Yay Canada! That's awesome! Are you excited to come across the pond?

@Evamutt I'm so proud of you! I can't wait until I'm at that point! I'm not THAT far away. I know you'll get those last few pounds off! I just know it!

Just had the last three days off and did absolutely nothing. Went for a walk one day and then that was it. Slept in every day, barely did any cooking, did some laundry and some dishes and that was about it. Lol. And I ate absolutely terrible. Lol. I only gained a few ounces back which kind of sucks but isn't surprising. Lol, Gonna take a walk today even though it's supposed to rain( work gave me this huge, awesome umbrella. I also think that I am going to do some to try and do some yoga outside too.
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Cayla. I am a young mother of two small children. I have always been on the heavier side, but since meeting my husband and having my girls I have felt it worsen in every aspect. This past week I have started using MFP, ( third time trying ), and have stayed relatively close to my calorie goals. I do believe keeping in touch with those going through similar experiences will help me long term. I am proud that I have lost 4-6 pounds these past few days. I am still eating things I like, really just adding more veggies. Also I am an avid Pepsi drinker. I havent had a drop in about 9 days. Some days are harder, like the Mayweather V McGreggor fight we went to some friends and they had so much food. I stole some bites of cheese, but forced myself not to over do it. With eat bite of cheese I felt my grip on the control losen, and the next day being home all day I went over my calorie goal and snacked on junk. Today I am back on track, waiting for my babes to fall asleep so I can. Yet I only want to eat.. Any one else just starting out trying to change their eating habits? Or know the feeling of constantly wanting something to snack on?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I still can't believe it, so excited! I'll be at the University of British Columbia, which is in TOP20 in the world in my field, so this is the pinnacle of my academic life. Feeling smug lol
    Just a bit stressful now, I'm moving from Latvia to France in 2 days to a place where I haven't been before, but I already have to prepare documents, flights,accomodation,etc. for Vancouver and also this came as quite an unexpected thing, so I was not mentally prepared to not see my family till next May. I had packed luggage till Christmas, now it's for 8months. I'm all over the place
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Odd, half of my post disappeared, but I woke up to a -0,6kg today! So I've got 1,8kg from my summer gain left and overall 9,8kg to lose till goal weight!
    Feeling back on track :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @cayladebra Welcome! We are a great group here! I too have been having a hard time recently. Not really eating too much junk so I dont have it in the house, but over eating the healthy stuff I do have. But that's the whole point of being here, isn't it? To learn how to combat that with the help of others and to build accountability and gain friends! I hope you enjoy this board as much as I have!

@gymprincess1234 That's awesome! I'm excited for you! What are you studying? And congrats on your loss! The scale has been fluctuating for me recently but I did see an awesome number that I hadn't seen in years the other day! I'll post it on Sunday. I want to see what my total weight loss is at the end of the week!

Good morning everyone!

I've had a great morning so far! Got up about an hour and a half earlier than normal. Got a quick morning yoga sequence in, two cups of coffee, some Bible reading, meditation, and prayer in. Now I'm trying not to be annoyed at the DH for going back to bed for another 15 minutes when he REALLY needs to get in the shower. Lol. It's what happens when he comes to bed at 3 am and has to get up 4.5 hours later! Silly man! But I'm going to make our lunches and then change clothes, do my normal morning things and head out the door! Have a great day everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Good morning @HGSmith0920, glad you're off to a good start!

Welcome @cayladebra! Glad to have you in the group! What's your calorie goal at? Sometimes when a calorie goal is too aggressive it makes it hard to stick too (and thus leads to the yoyo dieting pattern you've ran into).

@gymprincess1234 Congrats on the loss! And congrats on your upcoming move to Canada, that will be quite the change!

My day has already started out a bit rough with a phone call from an upset parent and I have a feeling it's just gearing up from there. The first few weeks of the term are always a bit rough, but I'm powering through. I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm really REALLY looking forward to the long weekend over Labor Day. I'm going to visit my Grandma since I need some time away from everything.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 oh that's the best feeling, to see a number you haven't seen in ages or never before at adult age!

I'm about to start grad school, International Business with Applied foreign languages (English and Russian).

• cayladebra
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I have been usin the allowed 1300 calories MFP assigned. I have an odd work schedule though and I believe that has a lot to do with being hungry late after work. I work 1pm to 930pm and try to eat lunch at 1130 before I leave for work. But end up hungry at 330, which I dont get dinner till about 5. By the time I leave work I am hungry again. Late night eating is what got me in the pickle of gaining weight to begin with, so its a struggle to fend off.

@HGSmith0920 My husband is not about change unfortunatly, so his eating habits have only slightly gravitated towards expanding his tastes. He fully supports my recent transition. I have always had a love for all foods, so it is hard for us to agree on meals. He is the meat and potato man. Haha talk about stereotyping. I will probably never have a junk food free home, which doesnt upset me, just makes my will power have to kick into high gear.

I have been starting most mornings with an omelette with tons of spinach, mushroom and home grown cherry tomatoes. My sugar addiction always wants something sweet though. I have been using greek yogurt and fruit as a quick lunch as I usually need to eat it on the way to work. Dinners vary. I feel as if I need to snack on something filling an hour or two after dinner to sustain my appetite.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Good morning!

It's -0,2kg more this morning! o:) So only 1,6kg of my gain and 9,6kg total left! App says I can reach my goal weight in 9 weeks, that would be 2 weeks before my 1 year body transformation anniversary - perfect! Even though I'm 1,6kg heavier than my lowest, I look and feel fitter and more toned than then. I've done a lot of weight lifting this summer, which is visible.

Been drinking smoothies/almond milk shakes every day for breakfast, feel so good getting more fruits and berries in. :)

@cayladebra Your diet sounds completely opposite to mine. I eat a lot of carbs in the morning- smoothies or porridge, usually sweet potatoes with meat for lunch and make salad for dinner, and during the day I snack on low calorie fruit like watermelon, you can eat SO much watermelon! You need carbs for your brain to function, don't think it's a sugar craving. But if it actually is, I would add some red pepper to your breakfast as it's sweet, or sweet potato mash, cottage cheese with stevia, etc. to trick the mind.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @cayladebra Did you choose the 2lb per week option? It sounds like you may have chosen an aggressive weight loss goal which is why it is giving you such low numbers. Are you eating exercise calories on top of the 1300/day?

@gymprincess1234 Congrats on the loss! Being fit and toned is way more important than the number on the scale.

I've been feeling really strong this week with staying on plan, I'm hoping it continues into the weekend! I've been killing it on the weight loss challenge with my SO and I'm looking forward to another present when the 10 weeks are up. We started officially house hunting yesterday, eek! Wish me luck something amazing comes around.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Thank you, @Rachel0778 ! I think my heart rate going faster with the whole France and Canada move so soon that it burns extra calories haha
    Good luck with house search! :)

Tomorrow is my last day in northern Europe and then all the traveling starts. I will probably be missing from here for a few weeks. Once I've settled in and bought a scale in France, I'll update with my weightloss! Good luck everyone and see you soon!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 It sounds like you've really gotten back into your routine and your results are reflecting that! Awesome job. :smiley:

@Rachel0778 Congrats on the progress with your weight loss challenge! And good luck house hunting! It can be stressful at times, but try and have fun with it. :smile:

I had a scale victory this morning, when I weighed in at 169.8 lbs. I haven't been in the 160s in my adult life. It's pretty exciting! My end goal of 150 lbs seems more obtainable every day, and I'm excited to see the changes in my body as time goes on. Although I don't work out 6 days a week anymore (mainly because we've been ridiculously busy), I feel like I've definitely found my rhythm with nutrition.

I got my dress back on Monday from the lady who is doing my alterations. When I first put it on, I asked if we could take it in more at the waist, and she said that I should leave it since I want to have enough room to eat, sit, etc. I tried it on again at home, and I really don't fill out the bust anymore and there is a lot of room in the waist. Sitting was obviously super easy, since I have a ton of space. I sent pictures to my friends and my mom, and they went both ways on whether to bring it back or leave it as-is. Ultimately, I decided to bring it back to her to have it taken in. Once she pinned it, I loved the look again. When I first purchased it, it was pretty form-fitting, and I loved how it fit me. If it ends up being too tight when I sit, then I guess that will be my own fault and my cross to bear, lol, but I think I have more than enough room to take it in and still sit comfortably. I'm getting it back tonight after work, and I'm really excited to try it on and see how it looks!

ETA: Pictures! Sorry that they're huge- I have no idea how to change that. :smile:

These first two are from the other night after alterations:
    2jckswfpjqja.jpggoljl4fuurhg.jpg

And these two are from when I first purchased the dress:
    rbtmdrpxorvy.jpeg99cdeuuc89zk.jpeg
  • cayladebra
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @cayladebra Did you choose the 2lb per week option? It sounds like you may have chosen an aggressive weight loss goal which is why it is giving you such low numbers. Are you eating exercise calories on top of the 1300/day?

@Rachel0778 I have the 1lb per week plan chosen, but I live a sedentary life style. I have not started working out. I know I should, and will eventually to facilitate loss and toning. With work I average about 8k steps which gets me an extra 70 calories and yes I tend to eat those.

I am finding it hard to get more carbs in, but I need to do some grocery shopping. I looked under the recipes blog and found it overwhelming. I need a shopping list and a plan.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    Rachelbachel32, your dress in beautiful & so are you! gymprincess what great news your dedication is much admired, I don't envy you in the packing & moving but do in the traveling.cayladebra I'm sure you'll find the right foods for you, took me a while.Rachel0778,good luck on your house hunt, how exciting. It's so good to hear from everyone & see what everyone's up to. Congratulations HGSmith on the loss. I've been busy the last few days. On Aug 22nd a personal thing happened that really hurt my feelings so I've been working thru it. Everything is intensified when I'm tired so the last couple days I've buried myself in the Lord, coffee & exercise. Not good to stay home & let my mind wonder & tell me how to feel, so been praying,reading & putting the right thoughts into my head best i can. Yesterday I went to gym in afternoon, treadmill, rowing machine & swimming then went back to HIIT class, it was hard but great. Good thing I don't do stress eating. had calories left over at the end of the day. This morning however, I was so hungry I ate breakfast then lunch right after! Now I feel like a nap but have stuff I have to do. I'd love to share more now but if I don't get up & keep moving, I'm going to be too tired to do anything else, have a good day everyone
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @Evamutt! I hope everything works out for you with that personal situation. Your faith and exercise seem like healthy ways for you to start processing your feelings!