Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    17,637 steps yesterday!! Woot! Woot!
    4e0d6e9eda9a197bbe9b5ccbe1b429585bfa3424c24bda8b85588e919e3ee474.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    #dailycheckin - I had a "i feel like a half busted can of biscuits" kind of day! But I did get a short workout in this AM and a walk at lunch...I ate pretty good stayed below my calories. So we'll see how tmrw goes! Very tired.... tired of winter - LOL - Here in Southern IN - we've only had about 3 DAYS of winter so far!

I'm hoping I don't have one of those days... Woke up with a sore throat and a headache... Fingers crossed they both go away... stepped up the Vitamin C and had a Axio energy drink... Love this stuff!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    My partner bought me a Fitbit for Christmas, i've found this really good for motivation, I love hitting my step count each day it makes me feel like i've 'beat the Fitbit' and accomplished something haha. I've also found some Fitbit friends through MFP and we've all grouped together to enter challenges and try and beat each others step counts, there's lots of different challenges you can enter. It might not be for everyone, but i'm definitely finding it makes me get up and move around a lot more. :)

Join us on the fitbit challenges! There's about 5 of us from here... Love to have ya! Here' is my profile... www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54
    Isn't it motivating! I just love the challenge part... I am competitive and these girls are really pushing me! It's awesome!
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Morning all :)

So tomorrow me and my fiance are going out to dinner, but we picked this cool stir-fry place where you put everything you want in the bowls (raw) and bring it to the guy that then cooks it on this large round thing right in front of you (and puts it in another bowl of course lol)

So this way I can load up on veggies, just choose chicken, and not use oil (they only use what you put in your bowl, so no worries about them loading my chicken down with oil or butter)... maybe just a bit of teriyaki or BBQ. Something I can find and track. My fiance is already back and tracking calories too! :) It's a good feeling to inspire him to get healthy too. He's also been very motivating. Telling me he knows I can do this and he's so proud of how well I've been doing. Just makes me want to keep going even more. I also have a wedding to have in a year or a year and a half (still debating date). My arms are HUGE and I have a strapless dress to wear LOL.

Also... I've said this before, but getting a belly ring one day is so high on my NSV goals list, and I would LOVE to get that when I turn 30 this year (in Aug) :P That's probably a bit of a stretch, but as long as I get it before I hit 31. I don't think that would be too late (I'm not one to say anyone's "too old" for anything like that.) I just think it would be a kick *kitten* "30" gift to myself.

Someone earlier asked how we're staying motivated. The above helps me (my fiance, and my goals), but also this forum. SO many supportive people every day. It's amazing having that. I also feel like it's my time. You know how people say that you will only do it when something really clicks? I feel SO focused! So much more than I have in years. I don't feel tempted. I don't feel like I may let myself give up. It doesn't even feel like a possibility, and I love that. I'm also making healthy food choices, so I am getting the most out of my calorie targets. I don't feel deprived. I want SO badly to be one of those before/after success stories, and I really believe I can.

That's another thing keeping me going: Looking at other peoples success stories (under that area in this message board) has really helped make me feel like I can do it. Such amazing changes. We CAN do this!
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

Wow! @ShyCush6 <3

I have been eating healthy, staying under my calorie goal, not feeling hungry, can feel my pants getting looser, have more energy, etc. So glad I'm doing this! How does MFP make it seem so easy?!! LOL
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Wow! @ShyCush6 <3

I have been eating healthy, staying under my calorie goal, not feeling hungry, can feel my pants getting looser, have more energy, etc. So glad I'm doing this! How does MFP make it seem so easy?!! LOL
    That's awesome! It's easy when you are motivated and you see results... You keep going girl!! We'll keep cheering!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Morning all :)
    That's another thing keeping me going: Looking at other peoples success stories (under that area in this message board) has really helped make me feel like I can do it. Such amazing changes. We CAN do this!

I highly recommend the success stories if you haven't checked them out!! So amazing!! And they are just regular people like you and me! Way to stay focused and this is your time!! You got this girl!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My partner bought me a Fitbit for Christmas, i've found this really good for motivation, I love hitting my step count each day it makes me feel like i've 'beat the Fitbit' and accomplished something haha. I've also found some Fitbit friends through MFP and we've all grouped together to enter challenges and try and beat each others step counts, there's lots of different challenges you can enter. It might not be for everyone, but i'm definitely finding it makes me get up and move around a lot more. :)

Join us on the fitbit challenges! There's about 5 of us from here... Love to have ya! Here' is my profile... www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54
    Isn't it motivating! I just love the challenge part... I am competitive and these girls are really pushing me! It's awesome!

Added! :smile:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    3 days of good eating, and it feel so good. It is funny how when we eat healthy, we feel so much better about ourselves. Why then do I want to eat sugar and carbs :# !!! Last nite I went out to eat with a friend, and proud of myself - had a chefs salad, and water to drink. Was going to have a drink, but decided not to. When I got home, I did have a small glass of wine. Hubby wanted popcorn, and I ate a small bowl. But after I had the popcorn, I wanted ice cream SO bad! I even opened up the freezer to get some, and stopped myself. Because I knew 1 bowl would lead again to a nite of ruining my day. So I grabbed my glass of water, and headed to my sewing room!
    This morning, my weight is down 2 lbs, so that is a good feeling. Monday I leave for Michigan to babysit grandsons for a few days. They will be in school, so hoping the weather is nice enough so I can go out walking before having to pick them up from school, and continue to eat healthy!
    Hope everyone has a good day! It is suppose to be nice out today, so hoping for a 5 mile walk tonite!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options

add me as well if you like, I am also doing the challenge https://www.fitbit.com/user/3YKQTN
    Its getting close at the top :smiley:
  • ShyCush6
    Options

I asked you to join our challenge!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    3 days of good eating, and it feel so good. It is funny how when we eat healthy, we feel so much better about ourselves. Why then do I want to eat sugar and carbs :# !!! Last nite I went out to eat with a friend, and proud of myself - had a chefs salad, and water to drink. Was going to have a drink, but decided not to. When I got home, I did have a small glass of wine. Hubby wanted popcorn, and I ate a small bowl. But after I had the popcorn, I wanted ice cream SO bad! I even opened up the freezer to get some, and stopped myself. Because I knew 1 bowl would lead again to a nite of ruining my day. So I grabbed my glass of water, and headed to my sewing room!
    This morning, my weight is down 2 lbs, so that is a good feeling. Monday I leave for Michigan to babysit grandsons for a few days. They will be in school, so hoping the weather is nice enough so I can go out walking before having to pick them up from school, and continue to eat healthy!
    Hope everyone has a good day! It is suppose to be nice out today, so hoping for a 5 mile walk tonite!
    Way to go Joan!!!
    af718-10919268_1379196555740661_203801758_n.jpg?w=812
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy to report that after 3 weeks of no weight loss, I am down a pound! 23 lbs since October 8! I weighed myself Oct 8 and thought holy crap I am the weight I was at 9 months pregnant with my 2nd!! So today I weighed myself and I am what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant with my 1st. Lol! I'm happy with the progress, and still have a ways to go! But at least I'm on my way!
  • praisegrace
    praisegrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be a part of this group, this time I hope to achieve weight loss
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy to report that after 3 weeks of no weight loss, I am down a pound! 23 lbs since October 8! I weighed myself Oct 8 and thought holy crap I am the weight I was at 9 months pregnant with my 2nd!! So today I weighed myself and I am what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant with my 1st. Lol! I'm happy with the progress, and still have a ways to go! But at least I'm on my way!

This is me... well... not right now, as I am at work... and I look nothing like Zooey Desschanel... LOL!
    WOO%20HOO.gif
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hi I would like to be a part of this group, this time I hope to achieve weight loss
    Welcome... All you have to do is check-in often... and share your thoughts, struggles and successes!
  • Cobourg
    Cobourg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I would love to join your group. I have about 20lbs to get off my frame and it is very frustrating. I'm taking in about 1000 calories, am under doctor's supervision so the calories are her idea. Sometimes I have a hard time eating that much but sometimes I have a hard time not going over. Depends on how the day goes. I am really good all day eat what I bring to work with me but at night it's harder.
  • cherishlove84
    cherishlove84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Yay I'm in
  • CariTJR
    Options

I asked you to join our challenge!! =)

Right there with ya! ☺
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @Endless_Journey, that's some story, well done on your achievements, and all the best of luck with your health worries, I really hope they get you sorted out and fighting fit again.