Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well done @danan01 that's not easy as you can see from all our posts we all struggle more at the weekends.
    I forget what fruit and veg is from fri evening!!! I love my weekends, few drinks and being more flexible with food but it's definetly about striking a balance! I need to stay within calories sun-thurs and then I can have my treats from and sat.
    Heading to ww now...ill let ye know how weigh in goes!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin.... Well the Steelers lost! But boy did we have a spread yesterday for the game! But that's part of it... hubby and his buddies brewed my husband's first all grain beer. If you are a homebrewer you'll know what that means. So that was fun and exciting! - And while the guys brewed the girls made homemade pasta!! So cool. Long process but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Had a busy weekend... didn't get any "exercise" in but we did a lot of running and are exhausted from yesterday's party. Too much junk food, a bit too much alcohol (I didn't do too bad) and not enough sleep! But we had a great time. And I'm with @CariTJR - everything in moderation. It was fun to have an evening of cheesy, ham sandwiches, dip, and potatoes. Back to healthy eating today.

Looking forward to cleaning up the kitchen tonight, maybe getting in some yoga and then off to bed early!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend! And part of the fun is sometimes focussed on food!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Ahhhhhh!!! I typed out a huge reply and it only posted my first bit again. Boo hooooo!!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    All I said was that I love how our group is so honest, like "I drank too much this weekend!" Lol! But we are all in the same boat and we all keep trying! There was a time when probably lots of us would have thrown in the towel and said pass the Cheetos!!! So let's keep being honest, keep trying to make the healthiest choices at the time, and keep working out! Have a great day everyone!!!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today and did not lose or gain. This is no surprise BC I was a total slug from having a bad cold. Even eating at 1200 calories I will not lose weight unless I am active. Here's to a better, more active week. Looking forward to yoga today!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I couldn't face my ww class today, very bold I know!! But I'm feeling bloated and horrible (self inflicted after a naughty weekend!!!) there's another class Thursday so I'll go to that instead, give me a chance to undo some of the damage! I know this is the wrong mentality, I should have gone and accepted the gain, but I don't think I could cope with a gain this week!
  • Simplysavvy793
    Simplysavvy793 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 years old and I am finally motivated enough to make a change! Looking for some new friends to keep motivated and to motivate me in my journey! Add me so we can begin this journey together!☺️
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    All I said was that I love how our group is so honest, like "I drank too much this weekend!" Lol! But we are all in the same boat and we all keep trying! There was a time when probably lots of us would have thrown in the towel and said pass the Cheetos!!! So let's keep being honest, keep trying to make the healthiest choices at the time, and keep working out! Have a great day everyone!!!

Isn't it refreshing? Just be honest with all of your naughty and nice days. That's the only I can stay on track more times than not. If you deprive yourself all the time - that's a recipe for disaster. So have a little here and a little there and be good in between. :D
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, I've not been feeling to well the past couple of days so have not been able to get my steps in, i'm slowly getting back to it so hopefully by tomorrow i should be back on it. Not sure i will make much of an impression in the fitbit challenge this week but I am still taking part. A few steps here and there still count :)

I seem to be following a pattern with my weight loss.. i have a couple of weeks loss and then nothing for a couple of weeks but its all trending downwards. :smiley: so if you are new to this way of dieting dont worry if you go a couple of weeks and dont see a difference of if your weight fluctuates, just stick with it and you will eventually see what your pattern is.

Have a good day everyone :smiley:
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Isn't it refreshing? Just be honest with all of your naughty and nice days. That's the only I can stay on track more times than not. If you deprive yourself all the time - that's a recipe for disaster. So have a little here and a little there and be good in between. :D

Totally, if I feel i'm depriving myself of something it just makes me want it all the more, I can't be doing with all these diets that say "you can't have this" and "you can't have that", I last about 2 days on them before I think 'sod this i'm off for a burger' haha.

I still eat chocolate every single day, I just make sure it's only a small amount, and it's within my calorie budget, and if not, I move my backside more!

• got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Morning, I am slowly getting back into routine! Worked out yesterday and boy am I sore this morning! Have some my work cut out for me to get back to where I was before Christmas. My friend is going to join me with workouts 2x's/week now so that is great! Keeps me on track and its a lot more fun with a buddy! Have a great day, all!
  • jdiaz121
    jdiaz121 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    morning everyone I'm feeling a little crappy today slept in and feeling a little sick uh but I finished my shake n cleaned the house just feeling so exhausted I'm hoping to get in my cardio n squats for today :#
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is it even harder to get back to work after a long 3 day weekend?

I've been sick for the last week (coupled with the TOM) so I was very glad when I woke up this morning symptom free and with a nice loss!

I agree completely with tracking everything. My perfectionist side always wants to stick directly to plan, but I'd rather indulge in a craving then restrict, restrict, BINGE, repeat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

• ChangeIsADecision
    edited January 2016
    Options
    #dailycheckin - Hello MFPeeps! Got my AM workout in and I walked a very fridgid walk at lunch! **HALLA!!!**

Glad you're feeling better @Rachel0778

@jdiaz121 Tell yourself you're just going to do 10 mins of cardio....I do that on days I don't feel like doing anything. I trick myself into working out more. I do 10 mins then think...AWWW HECK, I'll go another 5..and another 5.... as long a your brain thinks it's still just 10 mins you'll get a good workout in.

Get some rest @GillianSmith2 - hope you feel better tmrw!

Have great day kidz!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow... I'm way behind! Great posting guys! Love all the activity!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I lost 2.4 pounds this week!!! *happy dance* I'm so happy and feeling so pumped now!!! I've never really given MFP a chance before and always thought I had to use a diet like WW. But after a week with a small loss, and then some adjusting to calories and macros, I LOST! It not only works, but I'm doing it!
    Happy Dance!! Way to go!!
    mark-dance.gif
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am happy to say that this weekend is the first in a long while that the scale actually went down from Friday to Monday instead of up like it usually does. Usually Monday morning I am up 2 or 3 pounds and by Friday I have finally worked off those extra pounds just to do it all over again. I worked hard this weekend, got my steps in and watched my food. I wasn't great with food-but I didn't go up on the scale! Hopefully this week I can make some more progress and actually go down before Friday instead of just catching up! That is my goal this week! We can do this!

Great job Dana!! I'm right there with your usual! But you are inspiring! It can be done!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options

I do love that about us too! Honesty is the best policy! We need to be honest with ourselves when logging so why not be honest with everyone and see that you are not the only one sometimes! Love it!! Makes it easier knowing others are struggling with the same damn things... And even better to read of those struggling have a breakthrough and know you can too!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I couldn't face my ww class today, very bold I know!! But I'm feeling bloated and horrible (self inflicted after a naughty weekend!!!) there's another class Thursday so I'll go to that instead, give me a chance to undo some of the damage! I know this is the wrong mentality, I should have gone and accepted the gain, but I don't think I could cope with a gain this week!

Bust some butt lady and you will feel great going in there Thursday. Don't be hard on yourself... it happens! As long as the naughty weekend was fun and was well worth it! ;)