Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm down 9 pounds from my heaviest! only 20 more to go before I'm back to the weight I was for years before gaining. it's amazing the difference just not overeating all the time is making. super stoked!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Quote of the day: "You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face." Love this!!!
  • natnlj
    natnlj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group and have motivational friends as well! I, too, struggle on the weekends...I just returned yesterday to MFP and hope to get this under control once and for all!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    natnlj wrote: »
    I would like to join the group and have motivational friends as well! I, too, struggle on the weekends...I just returned yesterday to MFP and hope to get this under control once and for all!

Welcome! Check in often and share as much as you feel like! We love posts!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So looks like we had some struggles over the weekend... I actually had a pretty good weekend! Except for the homemade cinnamon rolls Sun. morning! =) But yummy! I went out Sat. night and limited my self on drinks... so that was good! Saved lunch calories Sunday for dinner out with friends... Even though the cinnamon rolls kind of killed my morning! It's all good! Yesterday I send my day off painting my daughters bedroom, so lots of movement... not a ton of steps but my arms got a good workout!! =) And I ate pretty good all day. Overall I am pretty happy with my weekend! Looks like we had a ton of great posts! Welcome to all the newbies! Hope you keep posting with us!
    Fitness-Motivation-Quotes-Fitness-Motivational-Quote-8.jpg
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Way to go shy! Great discipline!!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I went back to Zumba today, first class in almost 2 months, felt great to be back!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Slipped over on some ice on the way into work today and landed right on my knee, very embarrassing it was too, coffee all over the place, handbag spilled out, and now i've got a lovely PURPLE knee - rubbish! Still going to try and get my step count in though, I just won't be going for my 'lunchtime march' as I like to call it (hours swift walk around town), I think it will be more of a 'lunchtime limp' :(
  • YannaAbrera
    YannaAbrera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started today :) I'm Yanna from the PH, 28 years old, and looking to lose 15 lbs or more. Used to weigh 120 lbs prepregnancy but now I'm... still within normal limits but way too near overweight levels for my height (5'3 1/2), so I'm getting a bit scared The whole 1500 cal limit is a struggle --- I'm almost at 2000 cal and it's not even dinner time yet! :D Looking forward to meet new friends!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    So it's been almost a week with my new Vivosmart and although I was sick for a lot of that week I have discovered something huge.
    My yoga workouts are spot on - 400ish calories BUT my ellipticals are HALF of what I have been putting in. I've been using my machine's number (bc it's lower than MFP) and it's still half of that. So, there's the reason my weight has not budged. Even though I am eating and weighing everything properly, I was not burning enough calories even at 1200 cals. Crazy right? :s
    So, this whole CICO is correct (to a point) but in my case I need to also burn about 800 calories from exercise a week to lose (on top of eating at 1200, hope I explained that properly). I am so glad that I have a complete picture of my food and exercise now.
    Now if I don't lose any weight it's because I'm not moving enough, simple as that! Have a great week ladies! :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    So it's been almost a week with my new Vivosmart and although I was sick for a lot of that week I have discovered something huge.
    My yoga workouts are spot on - 400ish calories BUT my ellipticals are HALF of what I have been putting in. I've been using my machine's number (bc it's lower than MFP) and it's still half of that. So, there's the reason my weight has not budged. Even though I am eating and weighing everything properly, I was not burning enough calories even at 1200 cals. Crazy right? :s
    So, this whole CICO is correct (to a point) but in my case I need to also burn about 800 calories from exercise a week to lose (on top of eating at 1200, hope I explained that properly). I am so glad that I have a complete picture of my food and exercise now.
    Now if I don't lose any weight it's because I'm not moving enough, simple as that! Have a great week ladies! :)

It's so good you've worked this out, not good that you've been stalling all this time, but at least now you can move forward and get those scales going down again. It's so disheartening when you KNOW you're counting everything right (as in food) but nothing is happening, at least now you know what the issue is and hopefully things will start to shift. :smile:

As I said to you the other day, I think a lot of these apps etc overestimate the calories burned, I see many people logging amazing burns for only a small amounts of exercise and I think 'surely that can't be right'.

It's a very personal thing too, as you've said you personally need to burn 800 a week in exercise, and stick to the 1200 a day in order to see results, and I think half the battle is working this out for yourself, as in, what your personal CICO 'magic numbers' are in order to keep that scale moving, and as long as you're eating properly and not starving yourself, then it's all good.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Good morning! Had a not so great weekend. But not off the charts either! My daughter's birthday party and 5 teenager kids running around, constantly eating! =) Hard not to snack with them as well! And I made homemade cinnamon rolls as requested and damn if they are just to yummy to pass up! Happy with myself as I was up and at it at the gym this morning! Did the treadmill today, trying to build up my cardio! Also, trying to beat my sister with our fitbit steps too! Hoping for a good week! So far so good! Hope you all had a great weekend and are off for a awesome, fit week!

I just had an idea for you. Is there a way on mfp to look up recipes that have cinnamon? Low cal recipes that is. If so next time make those for your daughter's friends.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday! I have just come to a realization that is kind of exciting. If I continue to do good with this, and work hard and stay within my goals I can possibly make it to onederland before my birthday at the end of April. That is kind of exciting, but scary at the same time. Exciting because I could actually get there-it's been years! But scary in that I am not sure I want to set that goal for fear of not making it. But I could. I have everything set here to lose 2 lbs per week. I am not unrealistic to think that I will lose 2 pounds every week, but to reach that goal I only have to lose 1.2 lbs a week until then. It's doable-right? I guess I am going to say it out loud (typing, of course) that is my goal. To hit below 200 before my birthday! I can make it! I also am happy that I finally figured out how to change my starting weight on here-so now it reflects how much I have lost since I started back in September. 21 pounds so far! Still a long way to go, but I am getting closer! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »

It's so good you've worked this out, not good that you've been stalling all this time, but at least now you can move forward and get those scales going down again. It's so disheartening when you KNOW you're counting everything right (as in food) but nothing is happening, at least now you know what the issue is and hopefully things will start to shift. :smile:

As I said to you the other day, I think a lot of these apps etc overestimate the calories burned, I see many people logging amazing burns for only a small amounts of exercise and I think 'surely that can't be right'.

It's a very personal thing too, as you've said you personally need to burn 800 a week in exercise, and stick to the 1200 a day in order to see results, and I think half the battle is working this out for yourself, as in, what your personal CICO 'magic numbers' are in order to keep that scale moving, and as long as you're eating properly and not starving yourself, then it's all good.

You are SO right! Personally, I didn't log anything but meaningful exercise (I would never log shopping or cleaning house etc) so I was starting to think I needed to go to the doctor bc I've been at 8lbs lost for what seems like forever. Granted, I don't have a ton to lose but I should still be losing weight, now I know why! I suppose if I stuck at the 1200 cals and was 100 lbs overweight then yes, I would lose just through diet. I have 20-30lbs to lose in total so for me, diet alone won't do it. I see a lot of people on the boards berating other users by asserting you will definitely lose if you stick to 1200 and I now know that is not true in all cases. I need to eat at 1200 AND exercise.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Danan01!!! Yes you can get to wonderland by your birthday! What an awesome birthday present to yourself!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I went back to Zumba today, first class in almost 2 months, felt great to be back!!

Awesome Sinead!! You go get'em tiger!! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Slipped over on some ice on the way into work today and landed right on my knee, very embarrassing it was too, coffee all over the place, handbag spilled out, and now i've got a lovely PURPLE knee - rubbish! Still going to try and get my step count in though, I just won't be going for my 'lunchtime march' as I like to call it (hours swift walk around town), I think it will be more of a 'lunchtime limp' :(

Yikes! Hope it's feeling better soon! Great motivation but don't stress it to much and hurt it worse!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Yay! Glad you have the right numbers to work with!! Let's burn some calories!!! Go girl!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Good morning! Had a not so great weekend. But not off the charts either! My daughter's birthday party and 5 teenager kids running around, constantly eating! =) Hard not to snack with them as well! And I made homemade cinnamon rolls as requested and damn if they are just to yummy to pass up! Happy with myself as I was up and at it at the gym this morning! Did the treadmill today, trying to build up my cardio! Also, trying to beat my sister with our fitbit steps too! Hoping for a good week! So far so good! Hope you all had a great weekend and are off for a awesome, fit week!

I just had an idea for you. Is there a way on mfp to look up recipes that have cinnamon? Low cal recipes that is. If so next time make those for your daughter's friends.

That's a great idea!! I am making a breakfast dish for our family weekendand I will have to pinterest some recipes!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good morning and happy Wednesday! I have just come to a realization that is kind of exciting. If I continue to do good with this, and work hard and stay within my goals I can possibly make it to onederland before my birthday at the end of April. That is kind of exciting, but scary at the same time. Exciting because I could actually get there-it's been years! But scary in that I am not sure I want to set that goal for fear of not making it. But I could. I have everything set here to lose 2 lbs per week. I am not unrealistic to think that I will lose 2 pounds every week, but to reach that goal I only have to lose 1.2 lbs a week until then. It's doable-right? I guess I am going to say it out loud (typing, of course) that is my goal. To hit below 200 before my birthday! I can make it! I also am happy that I finally figured out how to change my starting weight on here-so now it reflects how much I have lost since I started back in September. 21 pounds so far! Still a long way to go, but I am getting closer! Hope everyone has a great day!

AWESOME!!! That will be a great birthday present to yourself!! You can do it!! Can't wait to celebrate when your birthday rolls around!!! Woohhooo!!! You go girl!!!!