Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone.

I have had a good week considering it started with me not being very well. I managed to get all my steps in everyday except Monday. Being in the FitBit Challenge as certainly help with that, Thank you girls :smiley:

I have also managed to get in lots of kickboxing and kickboxercise classes. My arms are aching a bit so i think next week i might do more leg and ab work and rest my arms a bit :wink: and of course get in lots more steps :smiley:

I have had a loss of 1.2lbs this week :smile: yay meeee
    You know i am doing the happy dance :smiley:

• zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can't do the challenge with you guys because my Fitbit is a garmin vivofit. But I can say that I got over 14,000 steps today!

I've got a vivosmart, there's a Garmin thread on here where you can add other users. You kick my butt, I only get about 6000 steps if I'm lucky but it's just been so cold here. Keep it up!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    I finally figured out how to check my weekly calories on the app! Which is awesome bc I don't mind a big deficit through the week and then having a better dinner or treat on the weekends. It's under Nutrition at the bottom of your diary and then you can cycle to Calories and Weekly and it gives you your weekly Net. Perfect for people like me who like to indulge more on the weekend!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I finally figured out how to check my weekly calories on the app! Which is awesome bc I don't mind a big deficit through the week and then having a better dinner or treat on the weekends. It's under Nutrition at the bottom of your diary and then you can cycle to Calories and Weekly and it gives you your weekly Net. Perfect for people like me who like to indulge more on the weekend!

so where mine says "net calories under goal" that is how much i can still eat this weekend if i want to?.
  • zenjen13
    Options

so where mine says "net calories under goal" that is how much i can still eat this weekend if i want to?.

I'm still new at this (and I literally found this option yesterday) but I would say NO, don't! If you do then you won't have a deficit but if you have a large 'net under calories' amount then you could safely use a little. Mine was at 1600 under so I didn't worry about going over last night on my dessert.

If someone out there can possibly explain this better than I can, or understands it differently please chime in!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Excellent, I was wondering how to see the weekly calories, I'm like you, I'll bank calories during the week to cover weekend excesses, like drinking 7 caramel vodkas as I did last night. . ...whoooooops!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »

Excellent, I was wondering how to see the weekly calories, I'm like you, I'll bank calories during the week to cover weekend excesses, like drinking 7 caramel vodkas as I did last night. . ...whoooooops!

Haha! I saw that on your diary and I thought Yum! Sounds like a drink I'll have to remember to have sometime.
  • GillianSmith2
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm still new at this (and I literally found this option yesterday) but I would say NO, don't! If you do then you won't have a deficit but if you have a large 'net under calories' amount then you could safely use a little. Mine was at 1600 under so I didn't worry about going over last night on my dessert.

If someone out there can possibly explain this better than I can, or understands it differently please chime in!

No i wont, but it is interesting to see how many I Calories I don't eat but I am still losing at a steady rate. So all those that say eat back your exercise calories..... If i did i wouldn't lose anything :neutral: I suppose its what works for each individual.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Haha! I saw that on your diary and I thought Yum! Sounds like a drink I'll have to remember to have sometime.

I've never liked vodka, but the restaurant gave us a shot each to try, and oh my, it was lovely! Very sweet, and very moreish, like another 6 moreish hehehe
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options

This is fabulous!! Good to know! Thanks for sharing Jen!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    GO BRONCOS!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    0.8lbs down from where I was last week - small loss but every little counts! Hope everyone had good weekends - went swimming with my little one on Saturday. Well, let's be honest he doesn't swim yet - they are currently getting them used to going underwater, holding onto flotation devices etc. I don't log it as exercise as I spend most of the time just supporting him and catching him when they launch him towards me in the water but my legs sure feel it afterwards so I'm hoping it's doing me some good!

Fell off the wagon yesterday with logging food in the face of some rather lovely fruit cake that Alistair's godparents brought round in the afternoon - it would have been rude not to indulge! Back to it today - I'm finding that weekdays are easier for me to keep track right now and I figure that if I do that 5/7 days then I'm on track far more than I'm not. Baby steps!

Have a great week all :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I can't do the challenge with you guys because my Fitbit is a garmin vivofit. But I can say that I got over 14,000 steps today!

Love to hear it!! We will keep posting ours as well!! Way to go girl!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    got2rockit wrote: »
    good morning! I don't think I have ever posted on this board yet, but I follow it. You are all very positive! Here's my contribution for today... :)
    My workout partner cancelled last night and instead of doing something on my own...I was a couch potato. BUT...I didn't watch tv all night, instead, I read a book. AND, instead of eating a bag of chips, I had popcorn and just put some in a bowl. I did not eat the entire bag! I'm learning to focus on positive changes...however big or small...towards a healthier mind, body and soul :)

Way to focus on the positive! Every step in the right direction!!
  • JesusMartinez46
    JesusMartinez46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your absolutely right to focus on the positive. It sure gets tuff at times but the option of quitting is no option at all. Great Job, keep on keeping on.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    So I have been doing great on my goal, over 10K steps per day! Monday was a little short but that was it. I think I made up for it! Let's round out the week going strong girls!!
    Channing-tatum.jpg

Love this!

Sounds like everyone is really rocking their goals lately (with some fun indulgences mixed in)! I've been in the same boat. This weekend I went over to my friend's house for a pizza night and I was well within my calories and satiated. It helps that she's also on the healthy train so she made sure to have a veggie side dish.

Back in my old dieting days of eating way too few calories I would have agonized over the pizza and probably binged later. My higher calorie allotment makes it so much easier to go with the flow, and I no longer feel ravenous (thank goodness!). It really goes to show how different plans work for different people.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So yesterday I totally spaced wearing my fitbit... Did I even move?! LOL! I actually was engrossed in a sewing project and cleaning so I did not sit down most of the day! Took a break to watch my daughter play soccer but that is about it! At ok but didn't actually workout so it was an ok day! Looking forward to a great week!! Started the morning out by measuring out my snacks so I can log accurately! Started my first first day of Probiotic supplement to help my digestive system so hoping that will help my stomach issues with so many foods I eat. Plus I am focusing on water! 4 glasses down so far!! =) Time to refill!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yay-I met my 10,000 step goal Saturday and Sunday. Now if I can just keep that up for the week! Its a lot harder when you sit at a desk all day. And my office is so small they would think I am crazy if I just started walking in circles. Ha ha... But-It is definitely motivating watching the number on the fitbit climb! My husband and kids already think I am crazy when I start walking circles in my house, but that's ok. Every step counts! Happy Monday-Have a great week!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone.

I have had a good week considering it started with me not being very well. I managed to get all my steps in everyday except Monday. Being in the FitBit Challenge as certainly help with that, Thank you girls :smiley:

I have also managed to get in lots of kickboxing and kickboxercise classes. My arms are aching a bit so i think next week i might do more leg and ab work and rest my arms a bit :wink: and of course get in lots more steps :smiley:

I have had a loss of 1.2lbs this week :smile: yay meeee
    You know i am doing the happy dance :smiley:
    Sweet! I am loving the fitbit challenge as well! It's competitive! ;)
    Way to go girl!! I am vowing this is the week... I am moving forward and doing this... They say there comes a time when it just clicks! ;) Here's to a great week Gill!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for being honest... cuz that is so me!! Maybe not caramel vodka but I'm a sucker for Jack Fire & Pepsi!!! It's just so good! LOL! I just might have to try the caramel vodka though!!
    2E8DF2EB00000578-3322233-image-m-61_1447890062794.jpg