Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shy!! So cool we are birthday buddies, same month and year! ☺️. It would be so awesome to conquer our goals at the same time, together!! I meant to do this for my 40th so I could enter this decade feeling awesome, but it didn't happen! So I decided I would do it while I'm 40! We can keep each other accountable!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well hurt my back the end of November at work. Started physical therapy last week. I am on the mend feeling stronger everyday. Being hurt really has been an eye opener to me.... Your health IS everything. You all are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work!!!

Glad to hear you are on the mend... Keep at it!!! It really is everything... Here for ya girl!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So this made me giggle!! "When you need help sticking to your journey!"

Water-Floaties-Kid-Cant-Eat-Cookie.jpg
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    in the classes I take at my gym, we use lighter weights for some exercises and heavier weights for others. today, after 7 months of working out semi-regularly, I upped my lighter weights from 3 pounders to 4 pounders and barely noticed an increase in difficulty. I feel good about it :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit miffed with the weather at the moment, it's getting me down that I can't go out and get any walking/running done. It's cold and wet, and so windy here the last few days that when I went out for my lunchtime walk yesterday I practically got blown down the road. It's dark by the time I get home in the evenings, and my partner doesn't like me running in the dark due to safety concerns, as we live in quite a rural area, so my runs at the moment are weekends only when I can go out during the day. Basically this is all adding up to making me feel very frustrated and fed up. I think I need to move to Jamaica, or Ibiza, or just anywhere nice and warm all year round.... Roll on summertime!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    CariTJR - I hear you on the weather, it's raining and blowing a gale here. And it feels like it has rained non stop for months. Roll on those lovely spring and summer days :)
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Feeling a bit miffed with the weather at the moment, it's getting me down that I can't go out and get any walking/running done. It's cold and wet, and so windy here the last few days that when I went out for my lunchtime walk yesterday I practically got blown down the road. It's dark by the time I get home in the evenings, and my partner doesn't like me running in the dark due to safety concerns, as we live in quite a rural area, so my runs at the moment are weekends only when I can go out during the day. Basically this is all adding up to making me feel very frustrated and fed up. I think I need to move to Jamaica, or Ibiza, or just anywhere nice and warm all year round.... Roll on summertime!

I know how you feel. It was freezing cold here on the weekend, got 'warmer' (4 degrees) and rained and windy yesterday, back to minus whatever today. Mornings are so dark still, its downright depressing. Luckily, I have an elliptical to do my runs in the winter. The good news is that the days are getting longer and it will be spring before we know it. I lit a floral candle the other night - it smelled just like spring and gave me a little more pep.
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Walked into work today and what's the first thing I notice on my desk, GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ORDER SHEET. I can practically hear those thin mints calling my name. Why the temptation people!!!! OK, I can order one box and not devour the entire box in one setting. I can do this.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    in the classes I take at my gym, we use lighter weights for some exercises and heavier weights for others. today, after 7 months of working out semi-regularly, I upped my lighter weights from 3 pounders to 4 pounders and barely noticed an increase in difficulty. I feel good about it :)
    You should feel good! That's awesome!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »

I am with you 100%!!! I hate daylight savings time & winter! It's so depressing... dark... I love summer and am not meant to live in Wisconsin! =) I live in town so there are street lights but my husband feels the same way. Plus no one clears there sidewalks where I feel safe not to slip and fall. Lets think summer, warmth and sunshine!!
    73424296dfa97415c575813e5237a631.jpg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I'm with y'all on the weather! It is always this time of year that I start getting fed up with it, irritable, crabby... I am so ready for spring! And the crazy part is that it really isn't that bad here-I'm in Louisiana. It is nothing compared to MN/WI weather. But it is still too cold! But, despite the weather I am happy to say that I have met my step goal so far every day this week! (in front of my TV trying to stay warm!) But I am on a mission to make it every day this week! It really does help having the little competitions. Makes me want to keep going. @indygirl217 - I actually have been eating a couple of cookies almost every day for the last week. But I am limiting myself to 2 a day and that's it. You can do it! It helps when you can work that stuff into you plan for the day! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 – I know right, we’ve actually had a mild winter so far but it just feels like it’s been going on FOREVER!

@Zenjen13 – An elliptical? Is that like a cross trainer? I’m thinking I need to get a treadmill (dreadmill) maybe, at least then I could run/walk inside instead of going round in circles in my living room to get my step count up. I swear my OH thinks I’m mad…and i'll end up wearing out the carpet.

@Indygirl217 – You so CAN do this. As danan01 says, work it into your calories each day, I eat chocolate every single day, I think I’d probably die if I didn’t, my body would go into shock and give up haha.

@Shy – Love the minion pic, although I do like snow, but only when I’m skiing on it, the rest of the time it can stay in Siberia where it belongs.

I popped into the gym by my office today to ask if they did ‘pay-as-you-go’ memberships, explaining that I only want to use a treadmill twice a week at lunchtimes until the weather turns, he said the lowest he could go would be £5 a session, so £10 a week for two 30(odd) min runs on a treadmill? No way Jose! I could get a proper gym membership for less than that a month. Not to mention that equates to a nice new handbag….
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Cari, is there an indoor track anywhere near you? We have one where I live and it only costs $2.00 to drop in. It is across town for me so I don't use it, but maybe you could meet a friend one evening a week or something? Even to walk outside so you aren't alone?
    I have a stationary bike at home, so when weather is bad or I don't feel like going to the gym for a work out, I ride it and watch weight loss shows on tv. I used to sit and eat while watching those shows, so it's an improvement! Lol!!
    On another note, I did a spin class yesterday AND got over 15,000 steps! Woop!!!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR - I think of it like a no-impact treadmill. Mine has magnetic resistance (I can barely move at level 9) and a bunch of different programs in it to keep the boredom at bay. I watch Netflix while I'm on it to make the time pass. I was going to get a treadmill but my sister runs all the time and seems to get injuries often. I wanted something that would be great cardio without the stress on my joints.
    Here's a wiki (if it'll post):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptical_trainer

@bluepoppies777 : That's a great idea for @CariTJR ! Our walking track is free! I don't use it because I live 15 mins away but if I was closer I definitely would. Also, in Canada, most shopping malls open early for people to go mall walking/jogging.
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Walked into work today and what's the first thing I notice on my desk, GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ORDER SHEET. I can practically hear those thin mints calling my name. Why the temptation people!!!! OK, I can order one box and not devour the entire box in one setting. I can do this.

You got this!!! You can do it!

[Edited by MFP Mods]

• ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @danan01 - I love the competition!! So glad it is helping you too!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @CariTJR;35264138 - We have Planet Fitness here that is $10 a month... When I was part of a gym that is where I went and the machines are really nice and the place is clean! I was impressed.
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - AWESOME!!! I love spinning! Go girl!! Good for you!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @ zenjen13 & @CariTJR - I have a elliptical too and watch Netflix as I use it!! LOL! I like it since I have a bad knee (It be better if I lost some of the weight straining on it!) =( BUt I agree it is better for the joints, way less impact.
  • Marnizzle2014
    Marnizzle2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in having a great group of people to connect with in this journey. I'm on a mission to lose weight and feel great! I had to cancel my weight watchers membership due to financial situations, so I made the switch to this! I would love the group aspect of it to still be in my life!