Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone.

ITS FRIDAYYYYYYY :smiley:

well as i expected no weight loss for me this week, but on the plus side no gain either :)

im just off to do the ladies kickboxing class this morning and then i've got my normal kickboxing class tonight.

ummm what to do this weekend to keep me occupied thats the question :wink:

Have a great weekend everyone and keep those steps going,
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @GillianSmith – So sorry to hear about your loss, made all the more poignant by the fact he was so young. My Dad died when he was 39, the same age I am now, so I know exactly what you mean about how it makes you think. Well done on hitting your step targets and getting to those classes.

@Zenjen – that’s a great story, she did so well! I googled ‘mall walking UK’ and the only thing I found was an old article from 2009 about one of the massive shopping centres near London having mall walking sessions, but that’s it….I’m assuming it’s just not a thing here at all, presumably because we just don’t have the numbers of large malls here you guys do. I mean we do have them, there’s one in my town, but it’s only small, it would probably take a 1000 laps just to do a mile.

@Bluepoppies – “cottonheads” - that’s made me chuckle, I’ve never heard that before, it is so going to be my new phrase for the older folk from now on. :smiley: Your health IS your wealth, and I can totally imagine this being said in a Scottish accent as my Mum’s side are all from the Highlands, my Granda used to say this all the time. Love the picture of the runner, that’s going to be me in the summer!

Happy Friday everyone, it’s nearly the weekend, 7 hours of work to go…. I had a good week, managed to stay on track despite going out for dinner last night, and not being able to go out for a run, and lost 2lb, so I’m happy with that. Treated myself to a new pair of Bluetooth headphones for running, but as I couldn’t try them out last night actually running, I put them on and ran up and down the kitchen instead - I swear my OH thinks I’m seriously losing the plot haha. Hope you all have great weekends. :smile:
  • mbatory1
    mbatory1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm Mary
    I am aiming to lose 25 pounds. . I am also approaching 50 years old and I want to be my signature weight. I just started a program called Body for Life. It has 2 weeks, but finding this website has been a dream. I have never stayed the course with foo because I always think I have blown it with the calories, give up and then tell myself, I will start tomorrow. Ugh!. I am so appreciative of your invite to keep each other motivated. Enjoy your weekend everyone. I will be checking back in Sunday night.
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @zenjen13 I mall walk everyday on my lunch hour. We have tunnels that goes from our office building to the mall and in the cold months, I walk it every day.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Well, I have managed to get my 10,000 steps so far every day this week. But I am not sure if I am going to be able to do it today. Sitting at work all day, then off to Florida (6 hour car ride) after work. Somehow I have to try to get some steps in before we leave. The good news is that I will probably get them all in this weekend. We just closed on a forclosed home in FL that we are going to fix up and try to sell. This weekend we are starting to work, so we will be busy! But-6 hours to get there and 6 hours back home on sunday. But I am proud of myself for going 6 days in a row hitting my goal! I just have to watch my eating/drinking this weekend. We don't have a refridgerator at the house yet, so most meals out. (And we like a few cocktails after a long days work!) Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • KathyHulinLandry
    KathyHulinLandry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I seem to be back on track after wavering during the holidays! New year resolution didn't kick in as quickly as I would have liked! Result was 7 lbs that bounced like a tennis ball...back & forth, up & down, out of the court and into the net! Using this new app didn't feel comfortable and I had to force myself to log even when I had done horribly! And I knew my calorie goals were too low for me to handle. I finally discovered if I increased my activity level status from sedentary to lightly active I would be allowed more calories! Finally I thought I could do it and that is important! You have to believe in yourself and have a "can do" attitude! Now I am finally slamming it over the net! Down nearly 4 lbs! Soon I will be under 200 again!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Crikey, i've only gone and joined a local running group! First outing on Monday night, yikes!

@danan01 - Wow, I wish I was going to FL this weekend, bit of a drive for me though, I reckon it would take about a week from the UK lol. I hope you get lots of exercise in so you can enjoy the cocktails. Good job on hitting your steps every day too, it's great when you see those green circles/bars! :smile:
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR Good luck on the running. where in the UK are you from. I'm from Nottingham.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 Thanks Gillian, I think my partner will be much happier with the idea that i'm running with a club, he won't have to worry about me being out on my own in the dark. I'm actually really looking forward to it, if a little anxious! I'm in Knebworth, a little village in Hertfordshire, where they hold the big outdoor concerts. I've got friends in Nottingham, I was up there in November for the weekend visiting, we had a great time.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I printed these two pictures off and they are going on my fridge when I get home!!! :)

Love!! That's a great idea!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Bluepoppies – “cottonheads” - that is hilarious!! I never heard that expression as well, but it is going to be sticking in my vocabulary! Love it!
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I never heard of mall walking until I saw it on modern family!! :D
    Up a half pound this week but feeling bloated and horrible so hopefully it'll come off with some more nxt week!
    Modern Family! *love*
    I'm down a half of lb. this week. I was down more until yesterday there was cake out and my day started off with a big piece of it!! =( Seems bad when it starts with sweets!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @danan01 - Well 6 out of the seven is not too shabby! You are doing great! It's understandable when you have days like that... Just try to remember to get up and walk every half hour to hour at work... it will help get some in... Exciting news, I love remodeling... My husband has worked in construction so we have done our fair share... Have a great weekend!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @KathyHulinLandry - Glad you figured it all out!! Nothing like slamming it out of the park!! Keep up the great work!! You can do this!!

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! What are you all doing this weekend for exercise? Maybe if we all chime in, everyone would be motivated to get their butts in gear and not find an excuse!

I guess Danan01 will be working out by doing renovations (awesome!), and probably Cari will go for a jog to prep for the new running club on Monday?! (Way to go for joining)!

I'm doing a HIIT class at the gym after work today, tomorrow morning walking with a friend, and then snowshoeing with a different friend in the afternoon! My hubs will be painting the spare bedroom... Exercising his arms! Lol!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone has a fantastic active weekend planned! @CariTJR you'll have to let us know how the running group goes!

This weekend I'll definitely be escaping the family by doing an extra long dog walk. My weekends tend to be lighter workouts than my week days so I'm looking forward to light recovery activity
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Omg you guys, I hit 10lbs of weight loss today! :D I've lost 1.4 this week! Please celebrate with me because this is HUGE for me. I usually lose .4 or so a WEEK. I'm going out later today and picking up a set of heavier weights - I think the weight lifting I've done is awesome but I'm so sore from it I think twice a week will be enough for now.

@bluepoppies777 : I'm doing some light elliptical this weekend just to up my cals so I can have some wine. lol My weekdays are where I put in the most effort. I'll probably walk too since it's going up to 5 degrees - woot!

@CariTJR : Way to go! That'll keep you motivated! Let us know how it goes.

Have a happy, healthy weekend everyone! Love this group! See you on Monday! xoxo <3
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Way to go @zenjen13 !!! I am definitely celebrating for you today! Huge accomplishment! Isn't it awesome to see that on the scale, it gives you a boost to keep working hard!
    BTW, if I could celebrate by having a glass of wine, I would! Day 26 of 30 of no booze! Lol! This is the longest month ever - Miss my wine!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    WAY TO GO JEN!!!!!! So awesome!! 10 lbs is amazing!! Great achievement!!
  • joykidmama
    joykidmama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great group, love positive input and encouragement that is flowing. Please add me!