Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sorry to ask such a stupid question (which is probably really obvious) but what does 'NSV' stand for?
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    nsv - non scale victory :smile:

I only know because there is a thread on here that tells you what everything means. Its on a stickie post at the top of the getting started threads :smile:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @zenjen13 way to go!!!!

@janetay01 sounds like a great workout mix!

@bluepoppies777 I'm amazed at your resolve, I would have been bingeing like crazy after week 1

@GillianSmith2 love the small plates, it really does make everything look bigger

@CariTJR non-scale victory. I know you're going to rock those new clothes in your running club

@Soccerdawg71 way to go! You'll be looking great and feeling great for your celebratory trip
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    I went a bit crazy with the cookies this weekend (my family celebrates Christmas late), but I didn't binge which is a huge plus for me. In between that last weekend and my birthday this weekend I have a feeling I'll plateau for a few weeks. But that's why I'm doing a live-it and not a diet. No way I'm giving up my Grandma's cookies and birthday cake for a number on the scale to come two weeks sooner!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I went a bit crazy with the cookies this weekend (my family celebrates Christmas late), but I didn't binge which is a huge plus for me. In between that last weekend and my birthday this weekend I have a feeling I'll plateau for a few weeks. But that's why I'm doing a live-it and not a diet. No way I'm giving up my Grandma's cookies and birthday cake for a number on the scale to come two weeks sooner!

Absolutely agree with you on this. Awesome attitude :smiley:
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @Soccerdawg71 – Well done, 14lb (1 stone!) is amazing, I bet it felt great to hit that milestone. Where abouts in Germany are you travelling to?

@bluepoppies777 – Wine for breakfast is so rock n roll haha. Only time I ever do that is when I go on holiday and have a drink in the airport (no matter what time it is) to get that ‘holiday feeling’ kicking in. I wouldn’t have blamed you at all if you had done it though, you did amazingly well.

@zenjen - My OH lasted 1.5 days into dry January before giving up, you did well to last 9 days.

@Rachel0778 – Totally agree with your way of thinking. At the end of the day we can’t spend the rest of our lives avoiding certain foods completely due their calorie content, we have to be able to eat things like cake and cookies and not feel bad about it.

@Gillian – Thanks for that, I’ve learned some new acronyms now, I am officially down with the longo!

Well, running club was an eye opener….there were two groups, the Zero-5k group, and the more advanced runners group, and we all met up together to get registered and signed in. The first group went off with a couple of coaches and my group were given a little talk about how the programme progresses, how to warm up etc.

The app I follow on my phone lasts about 30 mins, and is alternate walking and running, with the walking being a longer period than the running at first, and gradually over weeks this becomes shorter and the running gets longer. I was doing alright with this….

However, after the warm up this group just went straight into 1 min of each alternating for an hour. It sounds easy, but believe me it was hard work. There were a fair few hills on our route and one woman gave up after about 10 mins and just walked for the rest of the session with the back markers (volunteers from the running group who walk behind so nobody gets left behind or lost). A few others kept stopping and walking through the running parts to give themselves a breather, but I am happy to report that whilst I may have spent the hour at the back of the group, I didn’t give up once, I did the whole hour without stopping! I ache like 90 year old with arthritis today, but I’m feeling quite accomplished too. :smiley:

• tans3352
    tans3352 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My fitbit dies today, so sorry challenge girls, I'm out... :(
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @TanyaKeast2015 ohhh nooo. Thats not good :( you are one of my biggest motivators on there. Please come back soon :(((
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy Tuesday! Well, I had a bad food weekend and yesterday I was feeling very unmotivated and blah... The scale is going to wrong direction. But enough with that! Back at it today. I will get my eating back on track, and get my steps in. I think I am going to up my step goal this week to 15,000. I can do it if I really want to! @GillianSmith2 I will try to step it up until @TanyaKeast2015 gets back in the game! :) I am nowhere even close to your steps, but I will try! @CariTJR good job with the running club! That is awesome. I saw this class advertised online for a skyrobics class. It is at an indoor trampoline park and it looks really fun. I am thinking about trying it out, but I am still debating. That stuff takes me out of my comfort zone a bit. But-I just need to do it! After this last weekend I went back to try and record what I ate over the weekend. That was a big eye opener! My breakfast alone on Saturday was over 1000 calories. (We ate at McDonalds since we didn't have a refrigerator yet at the new house) Wow-I will have to think about that the next time we have to eat out. Maybe I will prepare a little better in advance so I don't have to do that. Or make better choices! Anyway-hope everyone has a great week!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @danan01 It sounds like you have had a busy weekend. Great work on being honest with yourself and getting back on track, great attitude with the steps....come and catch up to me ;) You've got this !
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @danan01. I want to try that trampoline park! There isn't one in my city, but next time I go somewhere where there is one, I'm doing it! The only thing is, I think I will have to wear 3 sports bras so the girls aren't flying everywhere! Ha!

@cari. Seriously huge kudos to you for running for an hour and not giving up! I used to be a runner before my knee was shredded, and we did run 10 mins, walk one. It is a great system that works, it gives you time to hydrate and eat a few little energy bites if needed. Keep it up!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm going to spin after work today... I'm feeling quite unmotivated, but that is the time to go! Don't want to get into a slump! We are going to Whistler on Saturday for 3 nights to ski and snowshoe, and I will be drinking! I'm on day 30, ladies!!!!!! MADE IT!!!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

CariTJR - running club sounds awesome if hard work!
    Gillian - great news on the loss, it feels so good when you've waited for it for a while!
    Bluepoppies - utterly random but love your profile pic, absolutely gorgeous :)
    Rachel0778 - it was a lovely workout, I've never been a huge fan of swimming but somehow it's more fun with my boy!
    Danan01 - think positive, today is a new day to get back on track. We all have off days and not having a refrigerator in the new place doesn't make life easy. Skyrobics sounds fun!

Well I've had a mixed start to the week. My lad has been suffering terrible temperature spikes as a result of his cold so I'm feeling a bit sleep deprived and battered. But he did better last night and hasn't been sent home from nursery today so hopefully over the worst. On the plus side, I've dusted off Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and done that this afternoon so feeling good right now - we'll see what my legs think in the morning!! Doing well on my water and trying to be more conscious of what I eat - just need to keep at it :)
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I have been sick for the last couple of days and I know I have probably lost weight because I had a stomach bug. I don't know if I should count this towards my weight goals or not. I think i'm going to wait a couple of days and see if it stays off and then I will count it. Until than, I will keep walking.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @CariTJR that is an amazing accomplishment! You should feel really proud of yourself for pushing your endurance and trying out a new group activity

@danan01 You'll have to tell me how skyrobics is, that sounds like a blast! Don't beat yourself up too much about the weekend. You're in the middle of a big transition and you'll get back on track in no time

@bluepoppies777 I hope you enjoy your ski trip to the fullest! Cheers for 30 days!

@janetay01 Sorry to hear about your sick son. Rockstar points to you for taking care of your health and exercising even with a sick kid in the house

@indygirl217 Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think it's a great idea to let yourself heal before worrying about the number on the scale

I made it to the gym before the snowstorm hit this morning! Now I'm just waiting for the University to hopefully shut down so I can go home. They're cancelling all classes at 2 so maybe the administration can go to? Doubtful but hopeful. Cross fingers for me!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @TanyaKeast2015 - That sucks! Hope you are back in it soon!!

• ShyCush6
    Options
    @CariTJR;35331215 - Way to go!! So glad you made it the entire hour!! That's awesome!! You should be proud! Hope the aches subside and you are stronger & it is easier the next round! ;)

• ShyCush6
    Options
    Well, the scale doesn't seem to budge. Not adhering myself to my abilities... Damn cookies got me Sunday and again as a late night snack last night... I'll be heading in the right direction today and hope to report a good lose come Friday! =) Snowing here today and guessing I will get a nice shoveling workout in tonight! ;)
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 Hope you are able to get a shovel workout in, but don't over extend yourself.