Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. You're all doing so well with your chosen forms of exercise, whether it be 30 Day Shreds, kickboxercising, spinning, steps, walking etc. We've ALL got something to be proud of.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - I'm very jealous of your skiing weekend, I so wish I was going too. Enjoy a few drinks, you so deserve it!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just want to check in and say hi! Everyone is doing great and I'm loving how active the thread is-I don't post often but I'm on at least once a day to see how you're all doing as to get some motivation!!! I've been struck down with a cold and laryngitis (and I think possibly an ear infection because it's buzzing all day!) haven't done any exercise for a few days now. On the plus side I've a sick cert for the rest of the week so no work for me!! ;)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @ tazzy2911- Feel better lady!! Enjoy your week!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @tazzy2911 get better soon
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @tazzy2911 : I hope you feel better soon. I've got a bug too and haven't been able to do much of anything. I was hoping it would be gone by now. :(
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @zenjen13 hope your feeling better soon. Love your profile pic :smiley:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well, what is everyone doing today for exercise? I am not sure what I will do... Could do Jillian 30 day shred or ride my exercise bike tonight. Will decide when I get home! Tomorrow I will be up at 5:30am to start at gym at 5:45am! This week I beat my record on the moving stairs machine, completed 20 minutes! That thing is crazy hard!
    Have a good day everyone! Keep sweating!
  • 1102angeela
    1102angeela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

• 1102angeela
    1102angeela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I can't really get into this.dnt have much motivation.I got at least 2 stones to lose. I cud do with others cheering each other on.add me to this group plz
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Jumping in here. Hope that is ok. I just started really watching what I ate and exercising the beginning of January. I haven't been very active this week because I had a minor surgery yesterday but I managed a walk this afternoon.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @tazzy & @jen - hope you guys get better soon. See, there's another reason to dislike winter, all the bugs going around!
    @1102angeela - Hi there, there's no 'adding' just bookmark the page and join in! Don't be disheartened, we've all got our hills to climb, you're in the right place if you want to be motivated by a lovely bunch of people.
    @samchez0. - Welcome also, sorry to hear you've had to have surgery, I hope you mend real soon.
    @bluepoppies777 - Well done on beating your record, I hate those machines, they are super hard work!

My exercise today has just been walking, I went for an hours walk at lunchtime, my legs are still feeling the effect of Monday night! Lol. Ouch!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome @1102angeela and @samchez0!

@bluepoppies777 I did a zumba video since I was too snowed in to go to the gym. Doing zumba at home reminds me of why I never do it in public. I am an uncoordinated mess!

@zenjen13 I hope you feel better soon!

@ShyCush6 the cookies get me every time too, they are dangerous!

@tazzy2911 I hope you feel better soon as well, illness is really going around

@CariTJR sounds like a great rest activity, you earned it!

I survived the drive home in the snowstorm. It was great getting to spend some extra time with my SO and the puppy since we were all snowed in. Definitely did not love staying home and doing an exercise DVD instead of hitting up the gym this morning but #wycwyc
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Haha, Rachel! That made me laugh, I have only done one Zumba class at my gym and I didn't know what the heck I was doing! It was crazy, I was turning the wrong way and laughing in the back. I had no idea what Zumba was, but obviously it takes a lot of practice!!

Welcome to all noobs!! Just post in the group and keep trying daily to exercise and eat healthy.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You could do a "what I think I look like" and "what I look like" comparison when I am doing zumba and it would be hilarious!! But it's fun and active so I still try! =)
  • CariTJR
    Options
    You guys are making me chuckle with your 'zumba disaster' stories, I've never tried it, maybe I should for the laugh.
    Just to let you guys know (who aren't on my feed), I tried a new 'pizza' last night, using a tortilla wrap as the base, I put chicken, peppers, mushrooms and cheese on it (low fat stuff, not quite as nice, but far less calories) and it was only 540 cals for the entire thing. Was really yummy and filling. Will be trying them again with different toppings soon.
    I'm off out for lunch with a friend today, I have checked out the restaurant menu already and chosen a dish that is under 500 cals and worked it into my goal for the day - i'm slowly getting better at this, and not letting eating out become an issue. :smile:
  • Fereshteh65
    Fereshteh65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started today and was looking for a motivational group to kick my start. I am 29 and live in Belgium. I have 35 kg to lose. I have never been this heavy! So hope that I can get along with this journey and lose some weight!

When I was reading the comments, I felt that it's the right support group and cheerleader for me. Please add me.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @Fereshteh65
    welcome to the group. just book mark this thread and post often.good luck with your weight loss :)

@CariTJR
    your pizza sounds yummy. Enjoy your lunch. it sounds like you've got this :smiley:

Iv'e woke up this morning full of head cold so i don't think i will get much exercise or steps in today :( i might just have a duvet day :wink: the only problem is i really want comfort food :( so im just looking around on here to keep me occupied :blush:

hope you all have a great day :smiley:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Good Morning MFPeeps!!! #dailycheckin time - I had to take a mini social media sabbatical. @ShyCush6 - you were right about getting caught up in too many things and my brain felt like it was on a hamster wheel. But things are good now. Just needed a break to refocus and simplify. From now on... it's MFP and Insta - anything else wil come as it can.

You girls are cracking me up with the Zumba talk! I LOVE Zumba. We have a class at a local gym near me and this girl will KILL YOU with the cardio workout she does with Zumba. It's exhausting and fun all at the same time. I need to get back into that, her class is a serious calorie burn!! Thanks for the reminder ladies!

Hope everyone has a great day! It's "Friday" for me today. Hubby and I are going with another couple of Louisville for the day tomorrow and then were seeing AARON LEWIS in concert tomorrow night!! <3 *swoon* <3 Love to hear that man sing!! Fun Fun!!
  • blackdiamond143jp
    Options
    Hello, I'm trying to drop 45 pounds by June..... I know it maybe hard and seem impossible , but that's what I want. I need determination and dedication tho.... I need my push to continue when the people around me don't.