Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR i have just worked out that 1 british pancake with squeezed orange and sugar is approx 200 calories each. I think i can fit 1 or 2 in if i do a kickboxing class tomorrow... it would be so worth it :wink: and well done on your run :)

Looks like I won't be eating any 'dinner' tomorrow then, it'll just be pancakes for me!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Running Club was hard. 2 mins runs, 1 min walk, in very strong winds, for an hour solid. I was trying to run up a hill at one point, and the wind was so strong it was literally pushing me back down again. I must have looked like one of those cartoon characters when they're running on the spot and their legs are going round but they're not going anywhere lol.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Sounds like a fun trip! Don't worry about it, enjoy all that Baileys and good food with the snow and fresh air!

@Rachel0778 Happy belated Birthday! Sorry it was a mix of good and not so good. Super Bowl isn't a thing in my family as we don't have live tv but from what I hear from y'all it sounds like a good time!

Well, I managed to have a good week with over a lb lost! Feeling much better and had a great yoga class last night. My teacher was inspired by my fitness tracker stats so he pushed us even more, it was awesome! No yoga next week bc it's Family Day next Monday and then we're off to Cuba where many mojitos will be had.
  • zenjen13
    Options
    @CariTJR You are killing it with the running! I admire that. I'm not a runner but my sister is so I hear from her about it all the time. I really dislike being out in the wind, it makes my face hurt! Lol keep up the good work!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy pancake day!!!! I've never heard of that before, but it sounds pretty awesome because I love pancakes!!! Just a question, is it pancakes for breakfast? Or all meals? Or just eat them once any time today? Enjoy!!!!
  • CariTJR
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - There are many different versions of where 'pancake day' originated from, but the most common is that today (Shrove Tuesday) is the last day before Lent starts (Ash Wednesday), when you're meant to give up rich foods and do penance for 40 days, so people would use up all the stuff from their cupboards in preparation, i.e. eggs, milk, sugar etc, and make pancakes. You can eat them when ever you like, but most people tend to have them after their main meal in the evenings.
    Personally i'd be happy to eat them all day every day, but then i'd have to go running club every night! Ha!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    Happy pancake day!!!! I've never heard of that before, but it sounds pretty awesome because I love pancakes!!! Just a question, is it pancakes for breakfast? Or all meals? Or just eat them once any time today? Enjoy!!!!

You haven't heard of it? We have it here in Canada too (at least, popular in Ontario), otherwise known as Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Pancake Tuesday. The schools usually have a pancake lunch today for the kids. They are really good with a smear of homemade strawberry jam.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Going to happen as dessert for us tonight - strawberries and chocolate sauce :):):). Going to have to work my butt off for the rest of the week to make up!!
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @zenjen13 In the states, we have Fat Tuesday. Basically the same thing and instead of pancakes we gots Paczki. MAN are they delicious.
  • mjh4cwh1
    mjh4cwh1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid 40s and have gained 15 pounds over the fall and winter. Need to lose at least 20 to feel good in my skin again. I have lost weight with my fitness pal before, it works if you are honest. I need new friends! Anyone who wants support or encouragement friend me. We can lose together!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm officially jealous of pancake day. I might just have to make it a new holiday!

And welcome @mjh4cwh1 !
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ummmm... well I had my 2 pancakes with the intention of doing some exercise.... that didnt happen :blush: but i only went over my calories by about 200 so i can cope with that. I can easily get rid of that over the next day or two.

Welcome to the newbies :smiley: feel free to add me if you like.

• CariTJR
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I'm officially jealous of pancake day. I might just have to make it a new holiday!
    I so wish it was an official holiday, as in, a bank holiday where we don't have to go to work, and we could just stay home and eat pancakes all day! But then that kind of thinking is why I'm here in the first place....oh deary me :D
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @mjh4cwh1 - Welcome, feel free to add me too.

I had my pancake too, but I was very good and only had 1! I think my partner was a bit amazed, usually I'd have scoffed the whole lot, but the way I see it is I can just extend 'pancake day' to 'pancake week' and have 1 each night until the mix runs out. o:)
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @zenjen13 In the states, we have Fat Tuesday. Basically the same thing and instead of pancakes we gots Paczki. MAN are they delicious.

They are delicious! They're Polish arent they? My Mum and I tried some one time when we popped into a Polish Deli. They're like donuts. Very nice indeed.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - Sorry your actual birthday day wasn't the best but sounded like you had a great night before!! Sounds like much sleep is needed to catch up! ;)

@CariTJR - Hope you didn't get blown away at running club! So awesome that you are doing that!! Hopefully the wind was at your back! ;)

@ bluepoppies777 - Hope you had a fabulous weekend!! Sounded fun yet naughty, but once in awhile it's ok to let lose! =)

@zenjen13 - Way to go on the lb. lost!!

@ Gill – Yum! Glad you had your pancakes, and you can work them off tomorrow! =)

I think I am missing out on pancake day! YUM!!! =) I agree let’s make it an official holiday!! I had never heard of it as well.. Just Fat Tuesday! The pig out day before Lent.
    I did pig out today as my sister made peanut butter, chocolate cupcakes… YUM! So I had one for breakfast! Stepping it up the rest of the day though!! Suppose to go out for cocktails with the girls tonight but I am going to limit my intake to one! Let’s see if I can do it! ;)

This is a much better week and I had a good on track weekend as well!! Here’s to new beginnings! We’ll just erase last week and take off from here! =) I need to get in a swim suit this weekend so I am trying my best to behave! I might over indulge a little Sat. & Sun, but that is what saving calories are for this week!!
    Hope you all are having a great week and thanks for all the encouraging support last week! Welcome to the newbies too!!
  • kerrirents
    kerrirents Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Name is Kerri I quit smoking and joined the gym and I LOVE IT Feel good but need some new snack ideas and dinner stuff
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and trying to lose 25-30 lbs. Looking for friends and motivation.I've lost the same 25 lbs several times over many times. So any support or feed back would be great
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    So it's the first day of lent! Are any of you giving up anything or taking anything up? I'm giving up Facebook, alcohol and chocolate! I don't know which I'll find hardest!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My plan is to give up chocolate. Given how much I ate over Christmas this should help to balance things a bit and it will help with my healthier eating and the 8 week challenge that I am participating in up to Easter!