Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! For some reason I couldn't log into this thread yesterday, tried multiple times! Thanks for info about pancake day, now it makes sense! I will have to make that my own new thing next year, sounds so good! As for lent, there is NO way I'm giving up alcohol!!! Lol! Barely made it thru 30 days!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    So it's the first day of lent! Are any of you giving up anything or taking anything up? I'm giving up Facebook, alcohol and chocolate! I don't know which I'll find hardest!!!

Holy Crap Sinead! You are a beast!!! Go girl!!! You can do it!! You rock!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @tazzy2911 I am allergic to chocolate and I deleted my fb account last year before I turned 40! So I will have to think of something else to give up! Maybe cheese scones! Lol! They are my downfall!! I've got spin class today after work so that should get me back on track, no more holiday eating and drinking!!
  • SassyBySummerNikki
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Hi...you seem like the perfect friend I need on here
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to do the friend request?
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @indygirl217 : Paczki's!!!!! I had one last night for dessert. Worth every calorie. It's the only decent doughnut you can get here - the kind at our "national" coffee shop are cakey. I will be having another one tonight and then there will be a ban. :)
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    So it's the first day of lent! Are any of you giving up anything or taking anything up? I'm giving up Facebook, alcohol and chocolate! I don't know which I'll find hardest!!!

Holy Crap Sinead! You are a beast!!! Go girl!!! You can do it!! You rock!!!

My thoughts exactly Shy!
    Good luck to anyone observing Lent. I did it for many years growing up (13 years of Catholic school) but I have different beliefs now.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - holy cow! Can I just say how bad I HATE being sick!? The devil has popped a tent in my sinuses and is having a party! YUCK-O!

Since our crazy weekend I haven't worked out b/c I woke up Sunday feeling a little stuffy and Monday I was full on! So I'm trying to rest and get over this head cold b/c my hubby's b-day is Friday and we are going out to a fancy dinner on Sunday with my parents for Valentine's Day.

@tazzy2911 - WOW! You are bold! Those are 3 big things! Good for you! I'm interested to hear how your Lent sacrifice goes! Keep us posted! @janetay01 - sounds like you are joining part of tazzy's quest! More power to you for your commitment!

Welcome All Newbies! @kerrirents - Good for you for kicking the smoking habit! And going to the gym! For dinner and snack ideas... type in the search bar and there's tons. Or just grab your water bottle and go straight for the HOOCHIE of all - PINTEREST! :D

Chat withcha'll Lay-ta! Stay warm!
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    @zenjen13 In the states, we have Fat Tuesday. Basically the same thing and instead of pancakes we gots Paczki. MAN are they delicious.

They are delicious! They're Polish arent they? My Mum and I tried some one time when we popped into a Polish Deli. They're like donuts. Very nice indeed.

@CariTJR They might be Polish. I grew up in a Polish community and use to love when Fat Tuesday came around. Fat Tuesday and the Pierogi Fest. YUMM!!!
  • indygirl217
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision I hope you feel better. It's nothing like being sick. YUCK!!!

I'm excited. It's one week before I celebrate the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday. (Yeah do the math, lol)
    My best friend is taking me to see the Dance Theater of Harlem. They are coming to Indianapolis for one night and then we are going to go out to a Jazz club afterwards. I'm so excited. I hardly ever get out my house because of the kids. I'm going to have to be extra good next week because I'm going to blow my calorie goal out the water next Saturday. It will be worth it.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision @zenjen13 @ShyCush6 I'm not sure how hardcore I am!!! :D I normally try to give up chocolate, the alcohol I've already decided is for February rather than lent!! (Cheating already!!) I haven't drank yet in Feb (antibiotics have their advantages!!!!) so nearly halfway there already!!! ;) And as for Facebook, I just decided that this morning! It's the first thing I did when I woke up and I realised its pure habit that has me on it every morning and night so deleted the app off my phone!!! Spur of the moment!!! We'll see how it goes!!!
  • tazzy2911
    Options
    @indygirl217 so it's coming up to your 30th birthday?!! ;):p Sounds like you've fun plans! Enjoy!!
    @bluepoppies777 you already did dry January so you've done your penance already!!! ;)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @kerrirents , Hello my Name's Cari, and I HAVEN'T given up smoking (although I have cut down from 20 a day to 20 a week), you are my new inspiration! :smile:
    @bluepoppies777 , Your comment about not giving up alcohol for Lent really made me laugh. I hope you enjoyed your break in Whistler, sounded like great fun.
    Every year at Lent my Mother-in-law (well, she's not actually my MIL as we're not married, but she's as good as) asks me what i'm giving up as she's a practising Catholic, and I never know what to say.... so @tazzy2911 , I admire your grit for giving up those things, I'll be cheering you on through Feb.
    I think maybe i'll try and give up swearing. That might sound a bit odd but i'm really bad for swearing, my Dad was in the Army and I was brought up on a number of bases around Europe, and soldiers can't talk to each other without throwing in at least 20 rude words, so it became a bit of a bad habit. Of course I don't cuss when i'm talking to children or strangers, but I am quite bad for it none the less. Not very lady like at all haha. :blush:
    @indygirl217 , Your birthday night out sounds fabulous! I really hope you enjoy it to the max. Worry about the calories next week.
  • indygirl217
    Options
    @CariTJR I'm not a praticing Catholic either, but my best friend. So during Lent, I try to support her and give up whatever she does. This year, she has decided to give up red meat and chocolate. I only get mostly chicken anyways, so that one easier to do. But I'm having a fit over the chocolate. WHAT NO THIN MINTS!!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! I just got my girl scout cookies. Yeah she might be on her own this year.

@tazzy2911 Yes that sounds about right. lol :D
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have given quite a lot of thought about what to give up for lent and to be honest i have already given up so much so that i can achieve a healthier lifestyle and diet

SO I am planning on NOT giving up

I am not giving up on myself
    I am not giving up on my diet.
    I am not giving up on my fitness programme.

• tazzy2911
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 love that!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi...you seem like the perfect friend I need on here

I'm really not great checking in on the board and cheering.. I used to be but I check in here often and I will cheer you till the end of time!! You got this and I will be along for the journey!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Awesome Gill!! That is a great idea!! You are doing amazing!! I haven't really decided what to give up for lent... always hard as we have our big family weekend around lent every year and it's a weekend party... So alcohol would not be easy or achievable! =( I know I am bad... I was thinking soda... I do splurge on one every now and then and with my mixed drinks, but I can just stick to beer... or drinks without soda... I've mixed vodka with Crystal Light before and it's pretty good! ;) Sorry Sinead... I will shut up... so proud of you!!
  • shanegan160
    shanegan160 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey what a great idea for a post! I'm looking for some more accountability and would love to join the group. I've got 25 lbs to lose as well as trying to create some healthy habits. Thanks ShyCush for getting this started!
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My name is Jon and would like to join in with everyone to help encourage each other to be better than you were. I am not going for perfection, just to be better every day.