Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers! Post often! We love giving feedback and hearing new stories!

Love your pizza idea Cari!! Sounds yummy I might have to try it!!

Hope you are feeling better Gill!! Hope you got the comfort you need in another way!

@Changes... Glad your get away helped you focus and simplify... I got too involved in too much right away when I began again too! Glad I narrowed down and got focused! Enjoy your trip!!

So I'm having a rough week! Not sure where my head is. Having a hard time checking in, exercising, eating... you name it. Can we just reset this week! I didn't even get my 10K steps in yesterday! =( I've been so good about it! I didn't gain or lose this week but I feel frustrated. My hubby has been digging into the ice cream late at night and therefore giving me a craving to snack as well. =( So that is not helping. I did take my peanut for a walk a couple nights but she is so tiny about 6 blocks and she is pooped! I keep riding my bike so I have that going for me! I grabbed a donut as I walked past the food table this morning at work.. always some damn tempting treat! But I did get a pink one with sprinkles... if your going to do it go big! LOL!
    Tonight I am excited as I am going to a Brad Paisley concert with my daughter and friends! Should be fun and I am the driver so no temptation of alcohol so that is good! I think I have a quiet weekend ahead of me otherwise so hopefully I will shake this frustration and head in a great direction! Next weekend going to the waterpark for 3 days and being in a swim suit so that will be a motivation to watch myself all week! Hope you all are finding yourselves in a happier place than me... Except it is Friday so what can be wrong with that! =)

funny-animal-pictures-32.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Not sure how I missed a whole page of activity! What a great thing to run across! I love all the motivation of this group!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @ Rachel0778 - Yo uare lucky to have a family and friends that are so motivating!! They don't eat ice cream and expect you not to have some! LOL!

@Dana - Yes.. earn those cocktails!! =) I need to be sure I do that too!!! Make sure to take my workout clothes to the water park as I know I will be digging into the Jack Daniels Fire! Yum!

@Tazzy - You are a pro dancer!! It takes more than a couple vodkas for me! LOL! Love the pita bread idea too! Yum!! I just am a sucker for pizza! Netflix is a killer... Especially when it just jumps into the next episode... Yikes!!! Been there, done that!!

Welcome Mark!

@Irish - Mountain hike.. inspiring! Great determination! You got this!! I check in often, so keep stopping in for inspiration & support. You came to the right group!!

@Gill - Way to go on the loss!! And you still kicked my *kitten* in steps! So be proud!! That video was awesome!! Cracked me up! So me!! Now if I could just cry and ignore the ice cream instead!

@Jen - Way to go on the loss!!!! Awesome!! You girls all rock!!

@Rachel - Vodka shots in the gym parking lot... bahhhhh! Love it! Great NSV! Love yourself.. you are awesome!! You are totally right! I love that!!

@bluepoppies777 - Way to do on your dry month!! That's truly great! And nothing wrong with a little hangover this morning!!! You earned it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Ok.. for my first zumba class experience story!!!
    My girlfriend is huge into zumba... like 5x a week into it! So we have a girls weekend at her house and all get a little toasted... but the plan was to bring your workout clothes because zumba was at 7:30 am the next morning. So we get up, just a little hungover, ok a lot hungover or actually still probably drunk as we went to bed around 2am... But we managed to go and we all stood in the back row... there were 5 of us... Well after a ton of laughing, movement and fun, we loved every minute of it... We did lose one for a bit as she lost her cookies I think the mimosa didn't settle before the workout but really?! WTH were we thinking! mimosa? So we survived and I'm sure the other women were annoyed as hell at us but I would love to go back and do it again sober!! =) Luckily everyone in her group knew her and that we were coming so they were forewarned! Wish I had a great group of women to do that with weekly! I need to find a class around here!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 so sorry to hear you are not doing great this week, we all have times that we feel like that im sure. But remember you are a strong lady and an inspiration to us all, offering kind words at every opportunity. You have certainly been an inspiration to me in any case so please stick with us, keep strong and keep moving forwards. I loved your zumba story it sounds like so much fun. i have never done zumba but i did try the step one time and got all mixed up, i was going up as the rest were coming down :blush:

Just an idea but could you get one of them dog trailers for your bike and when your dogs to tired put her in that whilst you cycle?

sending a hug across the water ((hugs))
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    First, I love how you English say "whilst"!!! I am seriously going to start using that in my vocabulary!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Shy, I hear ya. Some days and weeks are hard, and sometimes we don't even know why. Could be the moon or our mood or ???. Sometimes a pink sprinkle donut can be our kryptonite. But the most important thing is to keep trying. Trying to make healthy choices, trying to keep motivated, trying to be kind to ourselves. This group is awesome and we all appreciate the honesty and the laughs, the shared frustration and the wins. Enjoy your weekend, and I'm sure that next week you will be back to killing it!! And holy, have an awesome time at that concert!!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hahaha shy your Zumba story is gas!!! I often joke to my leader about drinking alcohol to improve our moves but never actually tried it!!! :D
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Also, I laughed at the Zumba story, Shy! That was hilarious!! Sounds like the same kind of trouble my group of friends would get up to!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 That Zumba story is hilarious! Omg, I could never drink before exercise or I would do the technicolour yawn too!

So, pizza happened last night bc hubby was working late and we had piano recitals to go to. I went way over my cals but I don't care! >:) Lol also, lost another .6 lbs which brings me up I about 1.5 this week. Don't know how but I'll take it! Some weeks I work my butt off and lose nothing and other weeks I'm a sloth and lose. Lesson: keep going and don't worry about it! :)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - We survived the concert (barely). Some sore muscles (from the insane dance party), a black eye (i tossed a water bottle to my BFF and she didn't catch it...her face did), and a little dignity (she also fell face first in the hallway) were the only causalities.

Aaron was amazing... we were so close to the stage my neck hurt half way thru the show because I had to look up for so long. We met some fun people, ate ridiculous and drank way too much but we danced some serious calories off after the concert. I was dripping sweat!! It was EPIC! :D At least we thought so - it may look different on the security cameras! LOL!

1xagndn7cjd0.jpg

• irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mornin' y'all & welcome to Monday!

Happy to report a loss this morning-I'm at 210. Glad to see that lower number. Got my food planned for the day, got my gym time set, and it's looking good today.

This past weekend was my birthday and I know I over ate. But I'm not going to freak out over it, nor am I letting it derail my day today. It's gonna be a good day. Or else....

As an aside. I didn't realize that a.r.s.e. is considered a cuss word >:) Sorry, y'all lol!
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Damn Superbowl Sunday. It was a buffet of fried foods, junk foods and desserts. But I didn't do so bad. I knew I was going to a superbowl party, so I ate really well during the day. I had oatmeal for breakfast and a chicken salad for lunch. Both very delicious. I even walked an additional 20 minutes because I knew I was going to be a bad bad girl. All in all, I stayed under my calorie goal (barely, the walking really helped) and I didn't pig out. I'm proud of myself. Take that Superbowl Sunday.
  • emily_365
    emily_365 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emily! I'm 17 and I'm 155 lbs and my goal is to lose 30. Last year I became more active and healthy than I ever had in my life and I loved how I looked. My body look great and toned and it made me feel confident. At the time, I was doing Pilates so it really sculpted my body. During the summer I had a great beach body for the first time in my life. I didn't stick to Pilates every day by then but I'd go to the gym and jog/run. Eventually I got really busy with work and gained just a tad bit of weight by the end of the summer. When school started, I was a freshman in college and started to gain a TON of weight too quickly to even realize it. Before I knew it, I had gained about 15-20 lbs and now here I am. My main goal is to get back to a healthy lifestyle that I'm not tempted to eat unhealthy food all the time and I'll have the energy to exercise so much more. I current started boxing classes that last about 1 hour but they're pretty intense than any other exercise I've ever tried and it leaves my pretty sore so I only do it every other day. I'm current on 1200 calories per day, not including the extra calories I might earn from exercising. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF HEALTHY MEALS TO KEEP ME ENERGIZED AND FULL THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    hi everyone, i hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the superbowl. That is another one of your special days that us Brits don't celebrate. we are pretty boring when it comes to things like that :(. so tomorrow is pancake day. do you celebrate that??? what will you be having on your pancakes if you do. i would normally have fresh squeezed orange and a ton of sugar sprinkled all over. Not sure if i will bother this year :neutral: im not even sure what the calories would be in one serving and considering its normal to have 3 or 4 its going to be waaaayyyy over the top. oh and its not something you can have just one of :blush: as they smell and taste just tooo good.
    Feeling a bit better after having a cold but still not back on form. i will however be doing some walking and exercise this week... its amazing how sluggish you can feel by NOT doing exercise even when your ill :( i really missed my walking last week.

on the plus side i lost another 1.5lb so that makes 2lbs total for last week :smiley:

have a great day everyone
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 I'm sorry to hear you were having a rough week- I really hope this week is looking up for you. I started my week really wishing I was the puppy with the stuffed animal!

@zenjen13 I love your attitude with the pizza. There's nothing wrong with indulging sometimes.

@ChangeIsADecision sounds like your weekend was a blast!

@irishjeepgirl1969 Happy Birthday!!!

@indygirl217 Wow! Way to go!!! The Superbowl doesn't have anything on you!

@GillianSmith2 Congrats on your loss

I did not do so well this weekend. The night before my birthday was amazing. We danced the night away...and only got 4 hours of sleep going into Sunday. I couldn't get back to sleep Sunday morning so I lazed around the house. My significant other then dragged me to a SuperBowl party. Sunday is my actual birthday and I was super tired, hungover, and royally pissed that football was 'stealing' my day. You can imagine how this went. I didn't want to be rude, so I ate my feelings, big time.

So now today I'm still exhausted since we didn't get home at a decent hour from the superbowl and my stomach is sore! At least today is a new day.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear some of you have been feeling a bit below par lately, I blame the weather, honestly, everyone feels better when the sun shines, these cold dark months make everyone feel sluggish and miserable. Add in the colds/infections etc, and Winter has a lot to answer for. On the plus side, it is slowly getting lighter again now, Spring will soon be with us! I hope you all have better weeks this week.
    Congrats to everyone who lost this last week, you're all doing so brilliantly, and to those who didn't, don't give up, it WILL come off eventually, you're doing brilliantly too.
    Super Bowl Sunday sounds like a blast, I guess the closest we have to that is the FA Cup Final if you're a football (soccer) fan, or we've got the 6 Nations Rugby Tournament currently in full swing. Come on England!
    As Gillian said we have 'Pancake Day' tomorrow, this is one of my favourite days of the year (easily pleased). I love pancakes, with either lemon juice and sugar, or Nutella on them. I'm just about to go and work out how I can juggle my daily calories to ensure I can fit at least two into my day! Yum.
    Running club tonight, and we've just been hit by Storm Imogen who's bringing with her 100mph winds - I might be flying rather than running later, yikes!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Hello from beautiful sunny Whistler!!! ☃. Having a fabulous time, not really entering what I'm eating (probably too scared to see what it will actually add up to)!!! Also enjoying wine and baileys. Yummo!! I decided yesterday that it is ok to let myself enjoy a weekend, not gorging myself, but letting loose a little. If I'm up when I get home, so be it. I'm having fun with friends and family and making memories.
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    I have a friend who is so strict with herself for months at a time, and then gets fed up, falls off the wagon (and the cliff) and gives up, eats the world and goes nutso! I want to try to balance the health, diet and fun, and I may be a little more on the fun side this weekend but I'm good with that as long as it is not every weekend. Have an awesome day everyone!! XO
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @CariTJR i have just worked out that 1 british pancake with squeezed orange and sugar is approx 200 calories each. I think i can fit 1 or 2 in if i do a kickboxing class tomorrow... it would be so worth it :wink: and well done on your run :)