Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - I see others did bad wth eating & drinking this past weekend! My lands... I knew with the winery DAY it was going to be bad but...LAWD! This weekend destroyed everything good I had done but we had a great time. Good weather... enjoy some sun on the patios of 3 wineries. And gained about 10 lbs it feels like. But... MOVING ON! I did great with my eating yesterday... more out of guilt than anything. :D

Last night we went to our town's Community Fest meeting. We have now been put in charge of the homebrew competition - it's the 1st ever for our Community Fest. The committee seemed pretty excited that we wanted to do it. It is Indiana's Bicentennial anniversary so every fest in our area has tons of stuff going on this year. So excited to get outside and see what everyone has.

I'll check in more later.

Welcome newbies! ~Make it a great day!~
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh! So many posts to catch up on! I'll go back and re-read some of them. I saw many people posting about Girl Scout cookies. My boyfriend and I got ours a few weeks ago and the boxes are still not open! We actually have a whole bag of Ghirardelli chocolate from his trip to San Francisco still sitting in our pantry. Old me would have devoured all of the chocolate, but now, it's just a little treat here or there.

I am doing a whole new lifting routine (three days, alternating between two workouts: so one week will have 2 workout As and 1 workout B, and another week will have 2 workout Bs and 1 workout A) for the next two months and I'm also doing the C25K. I am currently doing the C25K on the treadmill to help me up my speed because I know when I run outside, I have NO endurance whatsoever and end up running at a snail's pace. I'm also running on inclines on the treadmill to help me prepare for the hills around my neighborhood.

Food wise, doing okay. We made Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork and it is DELICIOUS, but there are so many sugars in it! I know it's because I used a pretty large apple and should have just used half of that in the recipe, but it's too late now. It's my "fruit" for the day. :D
  • bethbcasey
    bethbcasey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am here because I need to lose 80 pounds. My goal is currently 30. I lost 60+ once before. That was before I had my children. I had a wellness coach that supported me at that time. I now need some one to support my efforts again. Can anyone tell me how to "friend" people on here? I want to be support as well as receive it.
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So yesterday I managed to go to the gym before work, had a good day, and maybe went a little over at dinner. But me and Hubby went for a walk afterwards that was 1.6 miles that burned over 300 calories. Then today started off good cause I made it to the gym again this morning before work :smile: Trying to build better habits. So here is to a good week
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers, keep posting! (and tell us your names so we know what to call you). If you go on people's profile's there is a button that says "add friend". Make sure to write a quick note that you're from the forum when you send a friend request.

June (@wishfuljune) Having chocolate in the house in a huge NSV! I'm in the same boat. My house looks like treat-a-polooza because it takes me so long to work through them

Jen (@ChangeisaDecision) Wineries and home brews? I'm jealous, they both sound delicious! What a fun way to welcome in Spring

Cari (@CariTJR) you are such a rockstar with running, your gains are fantastic! And POS is a Minneapolis based rapper that I really enjoy

Nichole (@ngolden3320) way to go on your biking!!! The fact that it took less effort to go farther really shows how your fitness has evolved

Joy (@bluepoppies777) you are great at turning a bad situation into a positive one! And great job with your eating lately too

@uoflgirl89 Sounds like you're killing it with exercise, keep up the good work!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I dropped another .9 this week! I'm excited that I'm finally on a roll with losing weight after sticking with maintenance for the holidays. My significant other decided he wants to lose too so he started Atkins this week (ugh). On the bright side my house is going to smell like bacon for a month. At least the dog is excited about his diet shift? And I don't have to share cookies
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    bethbcasey wrote: »
    I am here because I need to lose 80 pounds. My goal is currently 30. I lost 60+ once before. That was before I had my children. I had a wellness coach that supported me at that time. I now need some one to support my efforts again. Can anyone tell me how to "friend" people on here? I want to be support as well as receive it.

Bethbcasey, you could not have found a better place to be then right here. All of MFP friends rock especially the ones right here on this post.

Rachel-great job with losing .9 this week! I'm taking a Happy Scale break until Saturday. I think that is what spun me out of control this past weekend. All the TOM water/bloat weight pushed me over the edge. Keeping my fingers crossed.

All newbies welcome. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    wow lots more new posts. i love this thread it is so motivating.
    Welcome to all the newcomers.

Cari @CariTJR this might be a bit long winded so i apologize :) well i have done one complete day and i am on to my second. It takes a bit of getting used to having a few more calories. It does however take longer to get your exercise calories as the burn is calculated lower and in fact yesterday morning i got negative calories until i started doing my daily chores. In a way it helps you eat back the right amount of exercise calories as it is calculated to your own heart rate and not just a exercise based on weight as from MFP. So for instance yesterday i did over 20000 steps and gardening for nearly 1 hour and i got 444 exercise calories, i ate close to my calorie goal and ended up eating Net calories of 1276. Today i have done nearly 9000 steps so far (still more to do) and i have only got 2 exercise calories. It changes a lot over the day but evens out in the evening. and it may be very, very small but i had a 2oz loss from yesterday to this morning :) even though i ate more. It will be interesting to see what happens when i do my kickboxing class on Wednesday. I will be keeping a close eye on the scales and I will keep updating with my progress :)

rachel @Rachel0778 well done on the weight loss you are awesome :)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I dropped another .9 this week! I'm excited that I'm finally on a roll with losing weight after sticking with maintenance for the holidays. My significant other decided he wants to lose too so he started Atkins this week (ugh). On the bright side my house is going to smell like bacon for a month. At least the dog is excited about his diet shift? And I don't have to share cookies

@Rachel0778 AWESOME SAUCE!! Way to go being on a roll!! I hope to catch onto that trend this week.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Jen (@ChangeisaDecision) Wineries and home brews? I'm jealous, they both sound delicious! What a fun way to welcome in Spring

Ha... not ideal for a "healthy" weekend but still fun!! And the homebrew I think will be great for my husband and his buddy to network with other homebrewers. I was one of things that they've talked about it for a year and I finally got tired of hearing ..."We should do that". So i gave them a little nudge by contact the committee myself. HA! It'll be fun!

• ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    ..... posting about Girl Scout cookies. .... a whole bag of Ghirardelli chocolate from his trip to San Francisco still sitting in our pantry. Old me would have devoured all of the chocolate, but now, it's just a little treat here or there.

I am doing a whole new lifting routine (three days, alternating between two workouts: so one week will have 2 workout As and 1 workout B, and another week will have 2 workout Bs and 1 workout A) for the next two months and I'm also doing the C25K. I am currently doing the C25K on the treadmill to help me up my speed because I know when I run outside, I have NO endurance whatsoever and end up running at a snail's pace. I'm also running on inclines on the treadmill to help me prepare for the hills around my neighborhood.

Food wise, doing okay. We made Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork and it is DELICIOUS, but there are so many sugars in it! I know it's because I used a pretty large apple and should have just used half of that in the recipe, but it's too late now. It's my "fruit" for the day. :D

Way to go not eating the cookies or chocolate!!! I love Ghiradelli chocolate!!! ~ I would freeze them both if i were you. Keeps them fresh and will be a great frozen treat when you're ready for one! B)

I'm interested in your workout A & B - what are your workouts? I need to get into a strength training routine.

BTW, the Apple Bacon BBQ sounds CrAzY GooD!!!
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh since I am late to the party LOL. My name is Amber and I am 27. I live in kentucky with my husband, german shep, and 4 cats. No kids. At my highest weight I weighed in at 304lbs ( I'm 5'11") and currently at 288 and wanting to get to 180 eventually. So I lost over 61lbs before in order to join the army, I got hurt, am now out and the weight grew since i can longer run or jump or really any impact on the knee. So here is to new ways to get my burn and also be healthier for the long haul. :smile:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well, this was me yesterday.... it seems like I have reverted to my old ways this week! So frustrating. Oh, I'm happy! let's eat. I'm bored! Let's eat something else... I'm watching Bachelor finale... I'm just going to eat that too! LIKE WTFFFF???!!!!! I know there are ups and downs, but man, the human mind (mine in particular) is such a mystery. How one day we can feel like a sexy beast, and the next day we are back to pre-diet "I don't care, I'm just going to scarf everything in sight!" mentality.

SIGH x a million.

Not to be a downer, and thank god for this thread, because I see how everything has their ups and downs, and I can be motivated by your successes. All I have to do is log on and read all the comments and see that everyone is busy working out, getting their sweat on, trying to get their calories at just the right level, and weighing themselves and celebrating the losses.

I better make up myself that index card of all the reasons why I want to lose, and keep pulling that thing out and reading it until it's all worn out, and I'm back on track! GAH!!
  • tdjna
    tdjna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! Room for another? My name is Debbie, to the grand-kids I am Yaya and my screen name is tdjna (my family's initials tom, debbie etc..) I answer to either. I want to lose about 50 pounds. I really enjoy reading all of the posts, especially the "I screwed up, but am back at it" ones.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Sucks about your husbands truck Joy, but what a way to turn it into a positive and bike to work instead - go you!
    Not long back from Running Club and I am totally over the moon right now, got to Club after having missed last week (the locked out incident) and coach says "we're going to run the entire route tonight non-stop", my response? "that's what you think buddy!", I just thought no way am I going to manage that, 6 min intervals to running non-stop for nearly 4 miles? Not a chance. I'll do my best though....and guess what? I DID IT!! 3.45 miles in total without stopping once, not even up the big hills, and then we even jogged back to the car park meeting point. I really truly can't believe I did it. I have amazed myself that I can run that far. I've called my Mum, my bestie, i've been jumping up and down in the kitchen, my OH has gone to bed now, I think i've done his head in because I just won't shut up about it (he is very proud though he says) hahaha. You can keep your weight loss on the scales, this has got me buzzing like a bee. What shall I do tomorrow, I don't know, how about run a 5k just for fun? Because I can do that you know.... :wink: *doing the happy dance*.

You rick sister!!
    30462488.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a great weekend.
    I have had my first full day of my new calories and so far so good. I have managed to eat a little bit more and with the exercise I am doing daily managed to NET my calories at 1250. Only time will tell :)

You can do this Gill! I have faith! You have come so far and are doing so great!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good Morning Girls
    Hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine wasn't bad even with losing a hour of sleep.
    Cari, Great job with run club. Way to nail it.
    I beat my distance on the bike last night. Last time in 35 minutes I went 7.9 miles, last night I went 8.09 miles in the same 35 minutes, and I didn't have to bust my butt like I did last time.
    Hope everyone has great Tuesday. Keep up the good work.

Great NSV! Rocking the bike!! Everyday is a little easier and more motivating when you see the scale drop or have NSVs along the way!!