Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 - Good luck with the class! Weather isn't much better here but I've taken today off work to have a day to myself for the first time in god knows how long so won't be venturing out!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Yet again the Great British weather is not so great :( Its grey, wet, cold and just plain miserable. i can cope with the cold, the wind, the grey skies but the drizzle that soaks you through is just nasty and when I really feel the need to get out and do something, its so frustrating. Its going to be a long day but at least I've got my class later to look forwards to. I hope everyone is having a good day and you are having better weather than we are :) I just need to keep my head out the cupboards and i will be fine :wink:

That is pretty much Ohio weather today except it is 54. OMG I pretty sure the universe is out to get me this week. Not only do I have Pre-TOM water weight and bloat, now I think I am getting a UTI. So add a boat load of pee to that also. WTH. All that and I haven't even started yet. COME ON ALREADY! :'(:#:s And that freaking Happy Scale. Not so much. Gained .1 again over night. I know it all has to do with all of this crap. But it is making my eyes hurt. Sorry for the whining.

Well on a happier note. My daughter told me my husband was telling my 2 girls how proud of me he was. And before long I would look like I did when we got married 20 years ago. ( I don't know about that, but I'll take it). My oldest daughter also told me she did a essay in class about their silent hero and she wrote about me. I am really feeling the family love this week. Today is my sons 23 birthday, and of course he picked Reese Ice Cream cake (my favorite). Maybe I will not eat any this evening and then eat 1200 calories worth of ice cream cake tomorrow. Scale keeps going up anyways. :/ I won't but I can dream can't I? >:)

I hope everyone is having a great almost Friday! Work Hard!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Yet again the Great British weather is not so great :( Its grey, wet, cold and just plain miserable. i can cope with the cold, the wind, the grey skies but the drizzle that soaks you through is just nasty and when I really feel the need to get out and do something, its so frustrating. Its going to be a long day but at least I've got my class later to look forwards to. I hope everyone is having a good day and you are having better weather than we are :) I just need to keep my head out the cupboards and i will be fine :wink:

I hear ya! So many nights lately i've wanted to go for a run, but I can't due to the weather. It's that horrible rain that seems really light, but it soaks you through in about 2 seconds flat, so fed up with it. I'm not a total wimp, but I don't get sick pay at my job, so I have to be a bit careful about not getting ill, nothing worse than having to drag yourself into work when you feel like you're dying.
    I've joined a running challenge here on MFP, and i've put myself down to run 30 miles this month (goal was 20 miles last month and I smashed it!), but i'm so behind now. I'm even thinking about buying a dreadmill just so I can run indoors. I literally can't wait until the weather turns.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @Samgrim91 its my day of freedom as well and i was hoping to get out :( I ended up doing housework instead :smile: oh the joys

@ngolden3320 keep going with the scale. The longer you do it the better results you will see. it is definitely worth it in the long run as you will know when to expect the scales to move up or down. you've got this. you CAN do it. loving the family support. It helps so much when you have got their support. My family are the same :).

@CariTJR what an Awesome goal to have. I only run for the bus if i really have to :wink: you are rocking it :smiley:
  • Deby_Cork
    Deby_Cork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 do houseworks burn calories ☺ "Cleaning, light, moderate effort" 60 min 173 calories! You did well
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for all you UK people who don't have girlscout cookies! They are a fun treat every year

@ngolden3320 Don't let the scale be the boss of you! You've got this without it lording over you every morning

@ShyCush6 WOW! 2 mini pb cubs in the face of ice cream? You're like my idol. And you have nothing to apologize for, you are fantastic and supportive

@bluepoppies777 You are rocking all of these workouts. Barre sounds like some serious leg/core work!

@danan01 I'm going to have to steal that idea for fried rice, yum!

@ChangeIsADecision Stupid Universe! Great job showing it who's boss by hopping on the elliptical instead of giving up

@Samgrim91 Great job going for a walk when you couldn't make it to the gym. All activity is great activity

@CariTJR Serial is soooo good! Once your done you should also check out The Moth podcast, I'm completely addicted

@FitEqualsSmile You've got great self control to save gift cards that long, I'm envious! You're going to look great on vacation
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    So my introvert side is screaming a bit. I've got Muay Thai tonight, friends coming over both Friday and Saturday nights, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Saturday and Sunday, and a concert Sunday night. I'm so grateful I've got such great friends and an awesome social calendar but I'm overwhelmed and it hasn't even started.

I've just got to take it one day at a time and one event at a time and find my alone time in between. *deep breaths!*
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This shirt made me smile...
    Slow-Runners-Make-Fast-Runners-Look-Good-Youre-Welcome-Great-Funny-Running-Shirt.jpg
  • Deby_Cork
    Deby_Cork Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Slow-Runners-Make-Fast-Runners-Look-Good-Youre-Welcome-Great-Funny-Running-Shirt.jpg
    Lol funny :D
    Deby_Cork wrote: »
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

Lol :D
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for all you UK people who don't have girlscout cookies! They are a fun treat every year.
    It's ok, one less thing to resist is a good thing! :wink:
    @CariTJR Serial is soooo good! Once your done you should also check out The Moth podcast, I'm completely addicted
    Thank you! I'm engrossed in Serial right now, and I was wondering what else I could listen to once it's finished. If you have any other suggestions just throw them out there.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @shy - I so need that t-shirt lol
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    One more day until FRIDAY!!! :) Let's get in those work outs - no one is going to do the work for us! I love the quote, never give up.....Even if Happy Scale isn't cooperating - lol! Have a good one, everyone. Sweat and smile today!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @jkhoffe wow what kind of a job do you do that needs drugs tests?
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support.. I managed to keep to my goal..eating clean, and fitting in workouts on both crazy stressful days. I felt so great getting in the pool for a swim. It is really warm here and swimming laps is a great workout! AND I am excited to have had over 10K steps every day this week.

And I love Girl Scout cookies..but haven't had them in 10 years ---because I have been living abroad from the US. I am not sure if I was there if i would have the power to resist them..
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey girls!! Looks like we have *kitten* gloom and doom in the UK... (poor girls with no girl scout cookies on top of that!) Let's give a rally for some sunshine and warmth! Sorry you guys are having bad weather. I hate the Feb. & March blues... so irritating. We have lucked out and it's been pretty nice this week.
    Lexi and I went for another run last night... I did much better but damn if I did succumb to that damn brownie last night! =( But I did get over 15k steps so I don't feel too bad and the scale had a loss this morning, so I feel pretty good! =)
    Love the quote @bluepoppies777 ...
    I'm thinking it's time to share our names and maybe how much we have to lose again.. We have quite a few newcomers! Thanks to all the ones that have stuck it out with me for so long!! Love it!! Also love the new contributors that are great at checking in!!
    I do better when I have names to go with cheering, so share if you'd like!
    I'm Shy <---that's my name... (most people think I am really shy, which I am not) short for Shyanne... and my goal is about 45 lbs. give or take. This is my second go at MFP and I found core groups of motivators really helps me! I lost 35 lbs last time and lost my mojo and here I am again! =( No other excuse besides the fact that I let it all go for some idiotic reason... slowly gained it back and didn't stop it until I was at the "WTH just happened faze" I am addicted to sweets that is my main problem... finally over the soda crap so I beat that now. I'm 40 with a 14 (going on 20) daughter who inspires me everyday to get fit! So here we go! =)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for all you UK people who don't have girlscout cookies! They are a fun treat every year.
    It's ok, one less thing to resist is a good thing! :wink:
    Thank you! I'm engrossed in Serial right now, and I was wondering what else I could listen to once it's finished. If you have any other suggestions just throw them out there.

Some other favorites are Freakonomics, TED Radio Hour, Stuff you Missed in History Class, StarTalk Radio, Love+Radio, Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler, Half Size Me, Call Your Girlfriend, and Savage Lovecast.

I used to work at a really dull processing job so I'd listen to endless podcasts day in and day out. If anyone else has suggestions I'm always looking for new podcasts too!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Great idea Shy! @ShyCush6

Hi I'm Rachel. I was overweight all through high school and college and was not successful in losing weight until graduate school when I started training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. However, the stress of graduate school/the post-grad school job hunt started me on a restrict, binge, repeat cycle that was extremely toxic. I took a year off of dieting, gained weight back, and am now committed to slowly but surely achieving a lighter, healthier body. My current goal is tentative, but overall I'm looking to lose about 25 pounds. I've so far lost 10 pounds in 100 days, which is faster than expected since most days I eat close to 2000 calories. I credit taking a year off as to why I'm now able to moderate sweets and have a healthy relationship with food/intake.
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Well, Shy... I don't think anyone here on this board thinks you are shy! Haha! I'm not shy either, and the more I get to know you, the more I think I'm sure we are twins! Lol. My name is Joy, and I live in Canada, married with two boys. I did weight watchers a few times, most recently in 2012 and lost almost 40 lbs. Basically lost my mojo too, gave up and gained it all back plus more. Talk about depressing! So like I said a few days ago in the thread, I told myself that's it, I'm tired of being fat! Joined the gym in October and started MFP at the same time. Somehow found out I could add friends on this crazy app, and stumbled into this thread... I've got 65 lbs to lose to get to my goal, and I've lost 30 since joining the gym. Feels good to be down, but I just want to be comfortable in my body again, not self conscious! I love to bake, and obviously eat it, so I'm trying to manage the sweet tooth by giving away lots of my baking! I'm so glad to have my MFPeeps here for support, it's made a huge difference in my journey! So thanks to all you regulars, you know who you are! xo
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Well, Shy... I don't think anyone here on this board thinks you are shy! Haha! I'm not shy either, and the more I get to know you, the more I think I'm sure we are twins! Lol. My name is Joy, and I live in Canada, married with two boys. I did weight watchers a few times, most recently in 2012 and lost almost 40 lbs. Basically lost my mojo too, gave up and gained it all back plus more. Talk about depressing! So like I said a few days ago in the thread, I told myself that's it, I'm tired of being fat! Joined the gym in October and started MFP at the same time. Somehow found out I could add friends on this crazy app, and stumbled into this thread... I've got 65 lbs to lose to get to my goal, and I've lost 30 since joining the gym. Feels good to be down, but I just want to be comfortable in my body again, not self conscious! I love to bake, and obviously eat it, so I'm trying to manage the sweet tooth by giving away lots of my baking! I'm so glad to have my MFPeeps here for support, it's made a huge difference in my journey! So thanks to all you regulars, you know who you are! xo

I know... we are totally twins!! I love it!! Thanks Joy & Rachel... I love having a name to refer to instead of some weird name/number... =) I have became close friends to a few of my weight loss buddies and I see that coming with some of you as well! You just form a bond as we are in this together and fighting for the same thing. Feels good to know you're not alone!!