Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• caroandjemy
    caroandjemy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started back a few months ago and it gets hard at times I believe with anyone. I recently joined the gym and hope to lose around 60 lbs. I have bad days and good and would love motivation and friends.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    wow, I have just finished reading all the posts from today. it looks like everyone is doing great. Well done to everyone.
    Its been a fab weekend and I am pleased to say I have my motivation back and that I am once again totally focused on what I want and where I am going :smiley:

Welcome to all the new people, you have definitely found the best place for motivation, encouragement and support.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I joined the women's gym today!!! 3 months with gym access plus 3 classes per week! Have my first boxercise class tomorrow and fitness assessment on Thursday...that should be interesting!!! :D I'm also booked in for a circuit class and a bums tums and thighs class this week! I predict pain!!! But I'm off to a 5 star hotel with my mum, aunt & sisters on Saturday so the jacuzzi should help ease the muscles!!! Looking forward to and dreading the gym at the same time!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR oops about locking yourself out, but kudos for running anyway! You are doing great, going further and getting easier each week!
    @tazzy2911 Yahoo! New gym member! I go to a women's only gym, and I really love it. You will love the classes!
    @GillianSmith2 so glad you are back on track and feeling awesome. We do go through those ups and downs, but it's so good to break through and come out the other side stronger.
    I'm home snuggled up on my couch, glad I did my work out this morning. My hubs is in Vancouver with a buddy at the Black Sabbath concert, checking off a bucket list item to see Ozzy sing live with them. Lol! Let's just say I was happy to hold down the fort here!
    I feel like I need to get a bit more strict with my food... Since I've lost 30 lbs I kind of started slacking. Maybe I just needed a bit of a break for a bit, but I still have 30 to lose, so I need to get back at it! Glad I'm still motivated to work out though. But we all know, you can't out exercise a bad diet, so I don't want to spin my wheels for too long! So glad to have all you guys here cheering and motivating!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym last night. I learned a big lesson. Don't hike in the woods up and down the hills the day before and then go to gym the next night and work on legs and then ride the bike. OMG I'm pretty sure my legs will fall off at some point today. WooHoo I've lost weight in my fingers, my rings are no longer tight. Just where I was hoping to lose it. :# My dad called me to tell me my girl scout cookies are in. WTH. I wasn't trying to get healthy when I ordered the D#$m things. Thin mints my favorites. Maybe I could trade them in for one of the yucky kinds. Oh yeah there isn't really a yucky kind of cookie. ugh. Maybe the kids will eat them before I do. :s Happy Tuesday everyone.
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Failed at getting to the gym last night - Got home from work and the Car needed some TLC so got side tracked by sorting that instead. Driving 40 miles a day on the Motorway thought this was probably something to do straight away and not put off. I stayed under my calorie goals only just hitting 1200 so didn't feel too bad about the gym. I WILL be going tonight. No excuses!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions for salty/chocolaty snacks. It is a couple of days before TOM and tha is what I am wanting. My usual go to is Peanut M&M's. Any smarter healthier choices?
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @ngolden - Chocolate covered pretzels! My fave. Yummy yummy. Or popcorn maybe? You can get different flavours, and i'm sure in the States you have a zillion different ones as you guys have all the good stuff. :smile:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @dschoenbein I'm with you, walking outside is so much more enjoyable! Great job still fitting in activity outside of the trainer

@bluepoppies777 I'm so jealous of your husband's trip, that sounds amazing! And you've got all the tools to be successful, you've got this!

@tazzy2911 Let us know how the new classes go! And have fun this weekend at the fancy hotel, the Jacuzzi sounds amazing

@CariTJR it's a huge NSV to still go running even though you missed the club! You're rocking this!

@FitEqualsSmile HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@Soccerdawg71 Way to go on your loss, that's fantastic!

@uoflgirl89 I agree completely, a walk always turns my frown upside down (unless my dog is being naughty lol)

@ngolden3320 4 thin mints=160 calories. Plan for 4 a day until the box is gone. It covers your TOM sweet snack and you always have something to look forward to tomorrow when you get more!

@ShyCush6 Beautiful family boards, what a great idea for a get together. And the wine just makes family bonding more fun!

@danan01 That's crazy that you had a freaking bear in your driveway?!?! I'd be terrified! I guess keeping food/trash inside is a must!

Welcome @By43aNewMe and @amclain93!

@samgrim91 That's not a failure, it's just a part of life! It sounds like you've got a plan for today. In the future can you try to do even a short walk after the car stuff to still get your body moving even though it's not the full gym?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Phew! Now that I'm all caught up...

I hit day 100 today!!!! And I got to my goal of 10 pounds in 100 days! Since those 100 days included all the holidays and my birthday I'm feeling really good about what the next 100 days will bring.

Last night I had a weird experience. I went to Walmart to buy bread and came home with $15 worth of junk food! Previous me would have proceeded to eat it all. New me put the items in the treat cupboard so that I can enjoy them over the next few weeks. We also got a surprise delivery of Girl Scout cookies last night to enjoy. I still can't believe I have this much junk food in the house and no desire to binge it....where did this new person come from?!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @ChangeIsADecision beautiful walk photos! That looks like an amazing trail!

Welcome all newcomers!

Thanks @Rachel0778 - it's a great little park especially for a town that doesn't even have a stop light!
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that my college doesn't have fresh fruit (or any fruit at all!) in the cafeteria. So instead of my tasty peanut butter and banana like I'd planned for breakfast (which i was really looking forward to, and i don't dvdn like eating this early) ended up being just plain peanut butter toast. Next payday I'm loading up on bananas now lol!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    @ShyCush6 Awesome job on your steps!! What what did you make at your craft night?? I love wine and craft nights! So fun!!

We had a great time Friday night... A lil too much wine, but all is good... We made family birthday boards from Pinterest...
    12814653_10153655076484064_8697886997713178680_n.jpg

So cute!! I love your finished project!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I joined the women's gym today!!! 3 months with gym access plus 3 classes per week! Have my first boxercise class tomorrow and fitness assessment on Thursday...that should be interesting!!! :D I'm also booked in for a circuit class and a bums tums and thighs class this week! I predict pain!!! But I'm off to a 5 star hotel with my mum, aunt & sisters on Saturday so the jacuzzi should help ease the muscles!!! Looking forward to and dreading the gym at the same time!!!

@tazzy2911 - I'm interested to hear about "boxercise" - sounds like fun!! I love kickboxing...
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    #dailycheckin - I had a great day yesterday... tons of steps, 2 walks and ended well under my calories. What a motivator!! This AM while listening to a podcast it occurred to me – this will be a DUH moment for most of you – I’ve heard time and time again that you have to make your goals concrete information – it hit me this morning. I’ve never done that! So weird… I consider myself an edumacated person :D … how have I gone this long and not done that? Who knows…

I’d love to hear from some of you - What are your goals? How are they concrete?

My Insta post this AM a little bit of yesterday and this morning’s charity miles – I had a great walk this morning. Awesome temperature – peace and quiet – got some hills in. Great way to start the day!
    w6hvdfz787e9.jpg
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great day today! I love it when I leave the gym and my tshirt is dripping. It is a great feeling to work that hard. While I have a long way to go still, I finally feel like I am actually getting somewhere and moving toward my fitness goal! I can see the progress! YEA!!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    @Rachel0778 That is a huge NSV! Buying the junk food and putting it in the cupboard and not pouncing on it?! Hell Yeah!! Good one!! and congrats to you for 100 days and 10 lbs lost, you are doing AWESOME!!

@ngolden3320 I'm allergic to chocolate, so I've got nothing for you... I agree with Rachel, just portion the thin mints (I've never had one), and let you kids take some in their lunches. I do like caramel popcorn, and I also like the mini rice cake flavored rounds, but they don't come in chocolate. Just do your best, and drink lots of water, even with crystal light in it, or something to make it more tasty.

@ChangeIsADecision I've only written down my goals a few times in my life, (same as writing in a diary - I just don't do it). Probably because the times that I've gone back and read them, I've been embarrassed! I do recall writing down "Tired of being the fat mom" LOL!!! And a few weeks ago, a coworker asked me about my weight loss and I said "I told myself: Self, I"m tired of being fat"... so there's an emerging theme! Haha!!
    One of my friends on MFP just recommended a book yesterday called Beck Diet Solution, and she said it suggested listing the reasons you are on a diet, and the advantages of losing weight on a cue card in order of importance. Then re-reading it twice a day, and any time you need to for motivation or to stop yourself from eating too much.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
  • plunky58
    plunky58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Kathy. I am a 55 year old woman looking to lose 55 lbs and find friends of encouragement along the way. The journey is difficult that's for sure and to have friends patting your back, shouting words of cheer and offering a hand of care and understanding when you fall are all keys to success. So please add me and perhaps we can get through this together
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »

@tazzy2911 - I'm interested to hear about "boxercise" - sounds like fun!! I love kickboxing...

Oh my god it was tough!!! 45 minute class, but it flew by! My legs were like jelly after it! Lots of squats and lunges, jumping jacks, planking (I couldn't plank at all!! Absolutely no core!!!) we were paired up so took turns with gloves and pads. I think I'll be sore tomorrow!!