Can not loose weight!

Options
1235»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    You're right... I'm just jaded by the people who want to tell themselves fairy stories about weight issues and insist every one play along. The person who reaches 250 lbs eating 400 calories a day doesn't exist.

Honestly I must confess I found the whole thing a little shocking

But I will commend the OP in coming here for help. Only she can determine the full story. Is it blow out days where she decides not to track? A whole category of calories like alcohol? Hard to track items like in buffets? Sources of calories that were unknown to her? Underestimated portions? My gosh, who knows. To maintain 250 lbs you need around 2300 cals for a sedentary person. Going by the numbers, she needs to account for the better part of 2000 calories
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    You're right... I'm just jaded by the people who want to tell themselves fairy stories about weight issues and insist every one play along. The person who reaches 250 lbs eating 400 calories a day doesn't exist.

give the Op abit of time to catch up to where you head space is. We dont all get there at the same time.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, it just seems hard for some people (myself included at one time!) to wrap their head around the absolute direct connection between food intake and weight. There's no other reason at all for weight loss or gain, except calories.

I don't know why this can be such a hard thing to grasp and why we all (generally speaking) look for other excuses. My mother believes once you hit menopause, that's it, all women are done. She told me there's nothing I can do, it's genetics and when I hit menopause, I will just "spread out." My friend could be the OP in this thread. She barely eats anything, does 100 crunches a day plus treadmill time yet continues to gain weight.

Neither will listen to me. I've lost weight because I'm special and lucky, that's all.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    For whatever reason, it just seems hard for some people (myself included at one time!) to wrap their head around the absolute direct connection between food intake and weight. There's no other reason at all for weight loss or gain, except calories.

I don't know why this can be such a hard thing to grasp and why we all (generally speaking) look for other excuses. My mother believes once you hit menopause, that's it, all women are done. She told me there's nothing I can do, it's genetics and when I hit menopause, I will just "spread out." My friend could be the OP in this thread. She barely eats anything, does 100 crunches a day plus treadmill time yet continues to gain weight.

Neither will listen to me. I've lost weight because I'm special and lucky, that's all.

You can never make anyone listen who is not ready to listen.
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm doing low carb higher fat since January and 80 lbs are gone! You are probably carb sensitive like me.
    I eat at least 1500 calories a day now and do not do a lot of exercises. I just walk. No need to over exercise.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 33 weight 250 pounds. I eat under 1200 calories a day just simply because I'm not a big eater and never have been. I have done everything including diet pills. My doc don't believe me so he said log what you eat and don't go over 1200 calories. I just laughed and said no problem for me. He just looked ate like I was lie in or some kind of closest eater. I have struggled with this since I had my first child in which I gained 100 pound. So I was 17 with a newborn and 100 heavier. Nothing and I mean nothing has helped me... can anyone explain this to me???

*lose
    *doesn't
    *at me
    *lying-and that's because you are
    *closet

Fixed it for ya :wink:
  • rerez2015
    Options
    First of all...you are not eating enough. I would bet $$$$$ that if you start eating more healthy fats and cut out carbs that are most likely wreaking havoc on your body that you will be amazed at how you lose. When I did a low fat diet and walked 45 miles a week I didn't lose. I started low carb high fat and lost 30 lbs in the first 55 days. I QUIT walking that much too. I was in pain from doing it and lived on 800mg Ibuprofen 2-3 times a day. Since doing Low carb I haven't taken 1 Ibuprofen since last march, I dropped 2 blood pressure meds and most of my diabetes meds. My average blood sugars (A1C) is 5.4 now. I have 0 sugar cravings. I would hope your Dr. has checked your Thyroid levels already.
  • rerez2015
    Options
    You NEED to drink water too.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    rerez2015 wrote: »
    First of all...you are not eating enough. I would bet $$$$$ that if you start eating more healthy fats and cut out carbs that are most likely wreaking havoc on your body that you will be amazed at how you lose. When I did a low fat diet and walked 45 miles a week I didn't lose. I started low carb high fat and lost 30 lbs in the first 55 days. I QUIT walking that much too. I was in pain from doing it and lived on 800mg Ibuprofen 2-3 times a day. Since doing Low carb I haven't taken 1 Ibuprofen since last march, I dropped 2 blood pressure meds and most of my diabetes meds. My average blood sugars (A1C) is 5.4 now. I have 0 sugar cravings. I would hope your Dr. has checked your Thyroid levels already.

You do not need to go low carb to lose weight.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice here, but I fear it'll all be for naught until the OP can admit that she may be eating more than she thinks, gets herself a food scale and starts logging honestly.

wula6fbvbmzn.jpg

Ouch :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    OP please come back and tell us your results if you started accurately weighing and measuring!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Nope. Last 3 days all I ate was a small side salad with two strips grilled chicken and ranch dressing. Small cup of coffee one small scoop suger and one small scoop creamer and one 8oz glass of tea. So please tell me how I am going over the calories. ????

this is so incredibly uninformative. How much salad is a "small side salad"? how much did your two strips of grilled chicken weigh? how much ranch dressing did you use? what is a "small scoop of sugar" and "small scoop of creamer"?!

I seriously just believe its honestly inaccuracy in logging. like 100%, I can't fathom another real reason.