I hope this helps even one person

Options
12346»

Replies

• Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for sharing. You look incredible!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT job you've done so far! :flowerforyou: AMAZING!
  • aeloomis
    aeloomis Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!!:smile:
  • Valmar50
    Valmar50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your results are incredible !!! You inspired me with your story Congratulations on your success.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Long story short, I'm here for a reason. I started out as a 44-year old 318-pound lazy person with congestive heart failure. Having said that, I thought (in the beginning) that I would take the easy way out, jump on the Atkins band wagon, eat what I wanted and lose the weight fast, right?? Um, WRONG! I lost a whopping 6 pounds, and just stopped. Dunno why, but my body put on the breaks.

I never understood the whole calorie counting thing, so I decided to do some research. And once I found out that it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I said to hell with it and made the decision to give it a go, up to and including giving up my cigarettes at the same time. Most people would say that this was a big mistake, but I say, if you're gonna get angry, do it all at once and get it over with.

So I've been with MFP since February 20th, and believe it or not (including the 6 lbs I lost on Atkins), I've lost a total of 81 pounds (if I did it correctly, the "during" photo should be below this post). I know this drastic weight loss seems WAY too fast, but let me explain: I used to eat NOTHING but fast food. I was probably taking in no less than ten to twelve THOUSAND calories a day. And I was about as sedentary as a house. All day every day, sitting around with a cigarette in one hand and a fork in the other. I went from that to eating completely healthy at least 6 times a day, not eating after 6pm, and exercising FAITHFULLY five days a week for an hour per workout. Plus, I'm under doctor's care, and I'm assured that all is well. I have had NO dizzy spells, NO physically ill feelings of any kind, and I'm getting stronger by the day. And rest assured, I'm NOT done - but I'm well on my way!

It amounts to this - you can live, or you can die. You have to make the decision which way you're gonna go, and how you're willing to back that decision up. I chose life...you can too!

6-24_zpsf78eea2b.jpg

Congrats, and you can be assured this helped/inspired AT LEAST one person
  • Valmar50
    Valmar50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing. Congratulations on your success!!
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well put! Looks like your work and commitment definitely paid off. You added years to your life.
  • Sharonneaton
    Sharonneaton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep it up.
  • baeya
    baeya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My very first post here is going to be to congratulate you!!! Wow!! You have definitely motivated me!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • KirstenMarie18
    KirstenMarie18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on your success!!
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wholy cow! you did an amazing job!
    You definitely inspire me. Thanks so much for posting pictures.
    You look amazing by the way. Keep it going and keep posted.
  • allall1
    allall1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for your inspirational post. I just started today at about the same weight that you were at when you began and similar health issues. Your progress gives me hope that I too can be successful at losing those extra pounds.
  • IAMthePrize
    Options
    You're great! I'm 48 and I'm pissed so maybe I will make it this time too. I'd love to be friends!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Just what a need today

Thanks' for sharing your story . ????
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Tracey that is awesome! You are doing amazing, keep up the great work. Beautiful story:-)
  • Sam_Africa
    Sam_Africa Posts: 16
    Options
    Did you go cold turkey with the smoking?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!