OK guys... what's the best greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. About half the calories of your typical Greek Yogurt and only a few grams less in protein. The flavors that I've had have all been 80 calories with 12 grams of protein.

This
  • KirstenMarie18
    KirstenMarie18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    chobani!!
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fage is actually made how real Greek is supposed to be made, it strained so it has a much thicker consistency unlike chobani, but I do like both of them.
  • cerealrunner
    Options
    I really like Chobani 0% and Light and Fit Greek. Greek yogurt is my favorite type of yogurt because it's so thick and creamy. When you try it for the first time, I suggest not getting the plain or the honey kinds, as the taste can be off-putting, especially if you haven't tried greek yogurt at all before.

My favorite flavors are black cherry, vanilla, and blueberry.
  • Htharp78
    Htharp78 Posts: 8
    Options
    When I decided to try Greek yogurt, I went out and bought one of each brand in a similar flavor to compare. I didn't expect the consistantcy to bother me but it did at first. It took a few tries but I like the yoplait Greek.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani. The other day I added a little honey and bananas in plain greek yogurt. It was so good! I normally buy the flavored ones to snack on. They are a bit high in sugar, so I am trying to flavor the plain now to control the sugar. There is a lot of great tasting brands. I would just buy a few little ones and try them out. :)
  • A_new_Romi
    A_new_Romi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've tried both Chobani and Fage and personally prefer Fage. It is smoother and less "chalky" to me. I've always tried many other "Greek style" yogurts, however, from I believe Fage is the BEST! :)
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite.
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    Fage! Simple truth! Stonyfield organic Greek! Noosa!!! I absolutely love all these brands plain with add ins or flavored! I am obsessed with Greek yogurt!
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like any flavor of the 80 calorie dannon light & fit greek! ( I am partial to the vanilla though...I love vanilla anything and you can add berries or whatever you like to it to change it up):happy: Yummy and creamy..not a strange texture like I hear some people talk about with some brands.

I agree, although I like the blueberry or strawberry. I've become partial to dipping strawberries in it and eating them like that. Or what I've done before is taken the vanilla kind and added a tablespoon of pb2 to it. It tastes fantastic; my boyfriend thinks it's the best thing ever. Plus I would freeze it and eat it like ice cream. Otherwise, chobani is good but I found that I liked the oikos even better than chobani.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fage, any of them, whether it be 0%(with a little agave added), 2% or full fat.
    The full fat is ideal on strawberries, blueberries or any berries as an alternative to cream.
    2% is fine on it's own, for me anyway.
    0% is good if you have less calories to spare, and have something to sweeten it.
    Fage is genuine Greek Yoghurt, whereas most, if not all of the others, are not.

I occasionally treat myself to Danon Danio Strained high protein yoghurt, but it is full of sugar so not often.
    It is delicious though, and very thick, with fruit on the bottom.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Chobani both 0% and 2%. I prefer the plain (no added sugar) but the fruit ones send my family wild :)

I also love Barambah Organics but that is only available in Australia.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Noosa. Oh my golly.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chobani - Blueberry is the best!!

^this is good

blueberry is good any brand and the one with honey

plain Greek yogurt is horrible!!!
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    Chobani!!! I get Fage when my grocery store is out of Chobani. I like Chobani better though. I like getting the plain one, and then I add my own "flavor"
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Noosa is amazing! I eat an entire 8oz after my workouts. High in protein, good fats (for the most part) and delicious.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fage all the way
  • Pawahl48
    Options
    I love fat free Fage! I put my own fruit in it with a little bit of agave or honey.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Farmers Union is defs better than Chobani! If you like that thicker texture, the light version still has that amazing texture. Bonus! :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I am partial to Fage 2% or full fat. Don't like 0% (fat free) at all.

Noosa is scrumptious but it isn't Greek yogurt.

Dannon and Yoplait are full of crap, literally and figuratively. Blech.