So I was at the gym today...

Options

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You should have given him some advice on his form.

Either he appreciates it and becomes a better person, or he gets annoyed with you and moves on.

Win-win, really.

I usually do if it's something serious like dead lifting/squatting with awful form. Other than that I tend to look the other way, It's not worth the hassle.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Be honest. Were you wearing that shirt? Because I can clearly see your man boobs and obviously you were asking for him to join you.

So what you're saying is, I was asking for it?
    Yesterday I would have said no. But after being schooled today is my sluttyness, I'm going to say yes.

Show me your sluttyness. Stiff leg dead lifts in front of the treadmills? Don't worry I wont let anyone rape you, even if you do deserve it!

ahahahaha. oh wait. thats disgusting.

well done man. dropped the bar lower than I thought possible.

if I have to spell it out, no one deserves it.

seriously, whats wrong with you dude?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    True story, yesterday as I was resting on the squat rack getting ready for my last set of squats before OHP, some guys came up to me asking me if I was done. I told them one more set, but I was planning on using it next. Then I changed my mind and told them it was fine, I'd just do some Inclined benching until they finished. I figured they were going to squat. Nope, they curled.

I usually just go to my college gym on leg day, I'm almost always the only one doing legs. with 40+ people doing biceps, luckily there's tons of curling bars there to keep them busy.

That is pretty much how it is at my gym. I almost spit out my water when I walked in yesterday and three guys were actually deadlifting.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Be honest. Were you wearing that shirt? Because I can clearly see your man boobs and obviously you were asking for him to join you.

Yesterday I would have said no. But after being schooled today is my sluttyness, I'm going to say yes.

Show me your sluttyness. Stiff leg dead lifts in front of the treadmills? Don't worry I wont let anyone rape you, even if you do deserve it!

Strong unaware of previous thread. Calm down, ma'am.
  • nikilis
    Options

geee... sorry... just not finding you making light of rape funny.

ooh, my bad.
  • Perplexities
    Options

ooh, my bad.

I wasn't making light of rape. One of the reasons we laugh at tragedy is that it makes the enormity of the issue easier to deal with, and I was simply referencing another thread.
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    why would someone curl in the squat rack?
    is it because its more convenient to lower the barbell on a squat rack instead of the floor?
    or there is a barbell that happens to be on the squat rack so use that?
  • nikilis
    Options

ooh, my bad.

I wasn't making light of rape. One of the reasons we laugh at tragedy is that it makes the enormity of the issue easier to deal with, and I was simply referencing another thread.

ahh, yeh, ya where and I read the other thread.

so you laugh at rape, cause it makes it easier to deal with? wow. that makes sense.
  • Perplexities
    Options

ooh, my bad.

so you laugh at rape, cause it makes it easier to deal with? wow. that makes sense.

So you've never heard of Gallows Humor? What do you think jokes about tragedy stem from? If it didn't make sense why is it so socially acceptable. Pretty sure you're trolling now, or at least I hope you are for your sake.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    is it because its more convenient to lower the barbell on a squat rack instead of the floor?

generally it's because they're new to lifting and or oblivious.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Because they for some reason don't think the EZ bar is good enough.
  • nikilis
    Options

ooh, my bad.

So you've never heard of Gallows Humor? What do you think jokes about tragedy stem from? If it didn't make sense why is it so socially acceptable. Pretty sure you're trolling now, or at least I hope you are for your sake.

not trolling at all, what you said was disgusting.

you think rape is funny. that makes you disgusting dude.
  • Perplexities
    Options

ooh, my bad.

Not going to explain myself to you, this conversation is clearly beyond your understanding. Stay safe.
  • nikilis
    Options

ooh, my bad.

I don't recall saying "rape is funny" do you mind quoting me?

contradictions, you has them.

says he doesn't think rapes funny.

makes joke about rape.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Killing this thread before it gets closed.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Killing this thread before it gets closed.

so I suppose that can be taken as an admission of guilt, and apology?
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Rape is not funny by any stretch of the imagination and you really do owe all the victims of rape an apology. Unless you've lived it, you shouldn't toss it about like it's funny. Seriously!
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options

ooh, my bad.

if you can't take the joke go elsewhere - stop ruining what was originally an amusing thread.
  • nikilis
    Options

ooh, my bad.

if you can't take the joke go elsewhere - stop ruining what was originally an amusing thread.

hey, if your laughing, you're disgusting too. have a lill think on that. the threads over. bad luck :)
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options

ooh, my bad.

Wow.....what is wrong with you people? Rape is never funny and if you think it is, then maybe you should seek counseling.
This discussion has been closed.