0 calorie snacks

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »
    Walden Farms chocolate spread is *apparently* zero calorie. As is their coffee creamer.
    I am highly suspicious about this, but having tried the coffee creamer I would also rather eat nothing than just that.

I think companies can call something "zero calorie" if it has less than 5 calories per serving, but I might be mistaken.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ice and water are the only 0 cal foods...so those.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Can't think of any 0 cal food - maybe chew sugar-free gum? A single Tic-Tac sweet is only 2 calories, not surprising when you think how small they are. Cauldron firm tofu is low in calories and I find it quite filling - a 50g serving is only 38 calories, a bit bland on its own but tastier with a little salt and pepper. Also, according to mfp database info, there's 4g of protein and 8g of calcium in that 50g.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose weight I allowed myself to have as much water and tea as I wanted between meals.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    no sugar jello has 10 calories and is a great desert/snack. I wouldn't say it is filling but for a sweet tooth it does the trick for me.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also find the more you eat very low calorie food, most of what everyone has just said, throughout the day; the more calories you will have left at the end of the day and the less hungry you will be. That has been the key for me.
  • annathebitch
    annathebitch Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    0 cals- water,ice chips.
    Low cals- Sugar snap peas, rice cakes, SF jelly, Hard boiled egg whites.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Celery has calories

Dust?

Ha! First Little Britain reference I've seen in ages! So funny.

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings has Cinnamon Apple tea that is 0 cals and sweet enough that you don't need sugar or honey in it. :)

I also drink this for a sweet kick - no sugar or sweetener needed.

• shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well you could eat half an apple that's 50 calories. Half a banana that's 50 or 60. Some carrots im not sure how much those are but i know they're very low in calories. Other varieties of fruit. And if you're willing to go up to 100 calories there are tons of granola bars and low cal diet bars out there. I hope you find what works for you.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings has Cinnamon Apple tea that is 0 cals and sweet enough that you don't need sugar or honey in it. :)

Love this stuff, have you tried the caramel apple? I wonder if it is as good as it looks. I use a little sweet leaf stevia to mine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You can make a basic protein fluff for about 90 calories. It will fill you up. Trust me. You might not be able to finish it.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Water. No such thing as 0 calorie food

Ice if you want a solid :p
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Celery and salsa really are great to me. Just hits the spot often. But no totally without calories. Still so low, almost!
    Substituting celery for tortilla chips? I've never thought of this.. much better than my weird idea of just eating salsa with a spoon lol
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. It's in its name, yo ;)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Frigo Light String cheese sticks are only 50 calories, take no preparation at all, and are high in protein, so those are good.

I also like the Chobani greek yogurt in the gogurt style package. One of those is also only 50 calories (see my diary for both) and also cram packed with protein to give you that great full/satiated feeling.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Some great low calorie ideas on here. I am going to make up a sugar free jelly for tomorrow. Celery is something to munch on. Cut up fresh fruit in diet lemonade is good to keep in the fridge for snacking as well.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots. it's not zero calorie but it's not for you and chew until it become liquit.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @ashlyndeff welcome to the MFP forums. While celery can effectively have negative calories per the article do read at the end one reason that cause us to have cravings and the bit about sea salt.

naturalnews.com/030912_negative-calorie_foods_burn_fat.html

Best of success.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    @ashlyndeff welcome to the MFP forums. While celery can effectively have negative calories per the article do read at the end one reason that cause us to have cravings and the bit about sea salt.

naturalnews.com/030912_negative-calorie_foods_burn_fat.html

Best of success.

Wow OP ...of all the ridiculous stuff that is just the most ridiculous