Does anyone drink alcohol everyday?

Options
124»

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    I wish I could afford to. An ounce or three of Glenfiddich with a splash of water relaxes me quite nicely. Alas, I must contend with only drinking occasionally.

If you have a Costco in your area, get a membership there. It's only $50 a year, and their alcohol prices are insane if you buy their brand. The Kirkland (Costco) brand vodka is actually Grey Goose in a Kirkland-branded bottle, and it's only like $15 for a gigantic bottle that usually lasts me 1 - 2 months.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    I wish I could afford to. An ounce or three of Glenfiddich with a splash of water relaxes me quite nicely. Alas, I must contend with only drinking occasionally.

If you have a Costco in your area, get a membership there. It's only $50 a year, and their alcohol prices are insane if you buy their brand. The Kirkland (Costco) brand vodka is actually Grey Goose in a Kirkland-branded bottle, and it's only like $15 for a gigantic bottle that usually lasts me 1 - 2 months.

Or just switch to bourbon. There are some great bourbons in the $20 range.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I quit about 2 1/2 months ago. I had been drinking every day - 6-8 ounces of hard liquor. I had a habit that made weight loss nearly impossible. Some years ago, I had some success in Weight Watchers, tracking a couple of shots a day. I'm now on 1200 calories per day plus exercise - 1-2 ounces daily might not hurt, but it wouldn't help either. I've made a personal choice to avoid it altogether.

That much was probably causing issues other than just weight. congratulations on quitting.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    THIS STUFF IS FROM SATAN'S VINEYARD. I will never drink it again.
    ChocoVineFamily_small.jpg

I had just under 500 calories left last night. Was working on a project after hours with some friends from work, and there was wine there. I had recently told myself I should restrict my alcohol intake since I have been off track a while and need to re-lose some poundage.

BUT ....someone brought this stuff. ChocoVine. I tasted it. I had to have a styrofoam cup of it. Now I figured it would eat up about 300-350 of my calories, since it was so sweet and rich, (as opposed to my typical wine consumption of 2 glasses of normal sweet wine = 250 calories or so)

Have some, I said. You have the calories for it, I said. No need to make yourself miserable, I said.

Then I came back to my computer to log it. About 512 calories for what I THINK I drank. I may have had more, since it was a styrofoam cup and not an exact measure. Never ever ever did I DREAM I'd go OVER 500 calories with that. I wasn't going to have anything else last night in case it was "a little more" than the 300-350 calories I suspected.

512 calories. For 1 small styrofoam cup (it was an 8 oz cup and I don't think I had an entire 8 ounces..but I could have...)

Satan's wine, I tell you.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    Sadly, no. Alcohol is how I gained all my extra weight in the first place and I have no self-control when it comes to drinking. :( Maybe someday I can add it back in.

Same. Moderation for both alcohol and food goes out of the window when I've had a drink, so can't indulge often.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Not every day but close enough. I drink jameson straight or red wine.

I bet that if I stopped drinking I would reach my goal weight thrice as fast.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi there, Just moved to Europe from Canada a few years ago and we LOVE wine.
    So far, three weeks into MFP logging and I usually have a glass (at least one) every day that I exercise. No exercise - no wine.
    It was a huge shocker for me to realize just how many calories there are in wine - especially red wine. But I am happy to include in my 1200 calorie allocation - which is always several hundred calories higher due to exercise. And the pounds are dropping off. If I get to the point where the weight loss slows or stops then the wine will slow or stop too. At least until I get to my goal weight - lol.
  • cyberiantigeress
    cyberiantigeress Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to but now just Friday Saturday and Sunday lol and only beer