Ridiculous weight loss thoughts...

Options

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I don't know about blisters, but I have a broken wrist and I've been eating well over maintenance the last month or so and I'm still losing! :open_mouth:
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Was just thinking though, if you have a blister ( and your body is burning more cals because its healing it up ) would you probably end up walking around less though ?( because it would be uncomfortable to walk, run or jog a lot while you have a open blister )
    What equation did you use to figure out how many extra cals your burning ? I'm wondering if we factored in less walking-running-jogging in to it because of discomfort then would it just cancel each other out ?

No, because this is what should happen: you get the blister; develop great courage and exercise through it. All the while, you express yourself in, what in Yiddish is known as good old-fashioned kvetching. Now you're really in business: burning calories with healing, with concentrating on being courageous, with the moving and, finally, with the kvetching, which - believe me; I know! - takes an awful lot of energy to generate correctly.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I kind of got the impression that the OP was mostly tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be a serious discussion but I could be wrong.

Sadly, I fear, she was serious, based on other posts she has made in the past.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Ridiculous thought... How many calories do I burn whipping my head around giving a WTF? look to the guy who just cut me off? Because I do that a lot in Orlando traffic.

My oldest told me that if giving side-eye burned calories, I could have eaten 10k calories a day and never gained an ounce when I had a house full of teenagers. True.

Man....I wish that was the case.
    I raised 4 girls. At one point I had a 19yr, 18yr, 16yr and 12yr old......
    senecarr wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Are you okay? I mean..besides the blister.
    I'm not sure if you're attempting to be kind or cruel. Please clarify.

Perhaps she's trying to be both, in the right measure?

Best comment ever

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Get ridiculously excited on weigh in day if I have to go #2 before I step on the scale. Mind goes to thinking hmm how much does that add to my loss? Lol tmi I know
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Get ridiculously excited on weigh in day if I have to go #2 before I step on the scale. Mind goes to thinking hmm how much does that add to my loss? Lol tmi I know

I always weigh, then measure myself. Well after I weighed myself, I all of a sudden; had to go #2 (which also results, in me having to go #1 as well. Even though I had just went #1, prior to weighing myself). So I weighed myself again, before measuring & the difference, was only 0.2 pounds less; than before.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

It's a very good sign.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

It's a very good sign.

Does it mean that she loves her?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It's a very good sign.

This still mystifies and I want to know why
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Blister healing uses 1 calorie per hour. @senecarr, do not demand a citation! It's just S.W.A.G. o:)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

It's a very good sign.

Baby, you've got to be cruel to be kind.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The Blister Diet?

oz-orders.jpeg?itok=tcgohnnG
    Hahahs
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    Ridiculous thought: I wonder if my neighbors think I have a weird mental issue that has me out at 11pm walking in circles/zigzags around and through my drive way continually for a half hour. Just zipping along around the cars, between the cars and circling and circling....

I hadn't reached my daily step goals and it was bothering me so darn it I went to my drive way and looked like I was playing a merry game of ring a round the mosey all by myself. Lalalalala
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous thought: I wonder if my neighbors think I have a weird mental issue that has me out at 11pm walking in circles/zigzags around and through my drive way continually for a half hour. Just zipping along around the cars, between the cars and circling and circling....

I hadn't reached my daily step goals and it was bothering me so darn it I went to my drive way and looked like I was playing a merry game of ring a round the mosey all by myself. Lalalalala

It was a dark and stormy night, the rain fell in torrents. I realized I hadn't reached my step goal. I started walking in place, happily pounding the hardwood floor, and didn't hear my husband come home. I stopped for a rest and then saw him watching me with a silly grin on his face. I looked toward the windows and realized the rain had stopped, the curtains were open, and there were neighbors standing on the sidewalk with their children, watching me. I couldn't say anything beyond "ummm - errrr- ahhhh."

He had been standing on the sidewalk with said neighbors, watching me before he came in. He told me their conversation was interesting and wouldn't tell me exactly what was said, but apparently it had something to do with the expression on my face while I was working very hard to get those last steps in.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    threadmad wrote: »

It was a dark and stormy night, the rain fell in torrents. I realized I hadn't reached my step goal. I started walking in place, happily pounding the hardwood floor, and didn't hear my husband come home. I stopped for a rest and then saw him watching me with a silly grin on his face. I looked toward the windows and realized the rain had stopped, the curtains were open, and there were neighbors standing on the sidewalk with their children, watching me. I couldn't say anything beyond "ummm - errrr- ahhhh."

He had been standing on the sidewalk with said neighbors, watching me before he came in. He told me their conversation was interesting and wouldn't tell me exactly what was said, but apparently it had something to do with the expression on my face while I was working very hard to get those last steps in.
    LOL
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

It's a very good sign.

Bhahaha......I do that in the house!
    Around the kitchen island, across to the dining room, around the table, down the hall, into the living room, around the coffee table, back to the hall and to the kitchen island......
    Family thinks I'm nuts.....but if I don't have my steps in or I'm in a challenge and feeling particularly competitive, it's a great way to get steps in while in a nightgown.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I kind of got the impression that the OP was mostly tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be a serious discussion but I could be wrong.

Sadly, I fear, she was serious, based on other posts she has made in the past.

OK - I didn't know the history.

RE: the dog pulling = resistance training - that is NO JOKE - lol - my labrador is only 90 lbs but it feels like I'm being yanked along by a 1500 lb bull!!!!!!!!

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    I wore cute shoes to the amusement park because we weren't planning to do much walking...but then we did six miles and I got a blister.

I began wondering how many extra calories would be burned to heal. It popped while I slept, so that'll be extra, now that it's opened and has to work a little extra hard to fight off invaders.

Every time I feel a zap of pain, I wonder how many calories will be burned healing this thing, lol. Have to be a few!

I'm actually happy about the thing when I console myself with the fact that it's down there burning calories.
    I wore cute shoes to the amusement park because we weren't planning to do much walking...but then we did six miles and I got a blister.

I began wondering how many extra calories would be burned to heal. It popped while I slept, so that'll be extra, now that it's opened and has to work a little extra hard to fight off invaders.

Every time I feel a zap of pain, I wonder how many calories will be burned healing this thing, lol. Have to be a few!

I'm actually happy about the thing when I console myself with the fact that it's down there burning calories.

I want to follow along but not sure I understand. Are you seriously saying healing blisters burns more calories? If so, where did you find this?

Or are you saying the ridiculous things we think of and connect it to weight loss? Maybe staying up late and not sleeping is one of those ridiculous thoughts of things that burn calories.
    Any time your body has repair work to do, it's going to use a smidge more energy. With massive burns and blisters, it is a ton. With one little blister, it's so small that I honestly don't know how much it would be. Nobody has to calculate how many extra calories they need for that, lol.

It's not something I found online. It's just something I know.

My point is just how silly weight loss thoughts run through my mind. Get a blister, think, "Ooh, extra calories being used!" It's kind of ridiculous, how calories even crossed my mind. :)

I am pretty calorie/weight loss conscious. Nothng like this though. If you are seriously thinking like this you may want to step back for a while.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    has me out at 11pm walking in circles/zigzags around and through my drive way continually for a half hour. Just zipping along around the cars, between the cars and circling and circling....

You mean, like, rather than just walking up and down the block a time or two?
    Our neighborhood has no as in zero street lights (yes I've complained to the city). So no at 11pm I am not walking down the block by myself. Besides how would I have fun imagining the neighbors talking about my mental health status if I did the normal walk around the block?