Options
13»

Replies

• Ben2055
    Ben2055 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ben2055 wrote: »
    So..aslong as i hit the protein and fat minimums and try my best to hit carbs and eat at the surplus being 2500 calories that should be fine?

Of course. If you hit protein and fat, carbs go along for the ride. The only thing is if you overdo fat or protein, you might not get enough carbs. But that's probably a non-issue for most.

Scrambled egg with whole milk for breakfast is prbably a good starter then haha?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    So..aslong as i hit the protein and fat minimums and try my best to hit carbs and eat at the surplus being 2500 calories that should be fine?

Of course. If you hit protein and fat, carbs go along for the ride. The only thing is if you overdo fat or protein, you might not get enough carbs. But that's probably a non-issue for most.

Scrambled egg with whole milk for breakfast is prbably a good starter then haha?

Mmmhm!! I started with a doughnut today lol. Half of one cuz short/no cardio
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Aani15 wrote: »
    I have a similar goal of gaining 0.5 kg/week and MFP app gave me 2700 calories/day.
    @Ben2055 Just curious? How did you decide 4 months bulking period? Not 3 or 5? I mean I just want to know, may it help me as well. @arditarose @ndj1979 guys your feedback would be appreciated as well. Thank you!

it usually takes about two to three weeks to get your calories worked out and actually start gaining so if you only run a three month bulk you are really cutting down on the time that you are actually bulking….hence four months..

in the end it is all personal preference and your goals will dictate how long you bulk. This time around I am shooting to from 175 to 190 and i am planning on doing that from September to February so just about five months….

Do you weigh yourself once a week? And if you dont gain, up your kcal adjusting your macros as you get heavier?

Yes, I weigh in every friday. If I have no gain or two weeks, then I up my calories. yes, as you get heavier you will have to re-adjust your calorie and macros. When I started I was gaining on about 2900 calories a day, as of today, I am up to 3300 calories a day.

You may want to consider automatically increasing your calories by 100 every 5 pounds you gain ….

Ok. So ill weigh in on a 2500 calorie clean bulk once every friday morning if i dont gain for 2 weeks on trot ill increase the calories, by how much? 100, 200?

And ill just readjust the MFP maconutrient goal but keep with the ratios? So if my weight goes from 169 to 170 ill do, 0.8x170 etc...?

If that makes sense?

yes, that makes perfect sense.

I would say no gain then increase by 100 calories a day, and then if still no gain the following week then another 100 calories a day,etc, etc..

Okay mate ill do that. Do you meal prep with a bulk or just go with the flow and be vigilant on tracking macros? Im just looking at what i could eat when i start and im struggling with a diet plan haha

I usually pre log my day and see where everything is falling and then make adjustments as necessary ..

I have been at this for a while so when I pre-log everything is almost spot on ..

Also, I would not be worried about making sure you have perfect macros…just make sure you hit the protein and fat minimums….

Protein and fat minimums are a must then, not so much carbs?

yes, and then you want to fill in the rest of your day with carbs…you should be aiming to get the majority of your calories from carbs….

• Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Aani15 wrote: »
    I have a similar goal of gaining 0.5 kg/week and MFP app gave me 2700 calories/day.
    @Ben2055 Just curious? How did you decide 4 months bulking period? Not 3 or 5? I mean I just want to know, may it help me as well. @arditarose @ndj1979 guys your feedback would be appreciated as well. Thank you!

it usually takes about two to three weeks to get your calories worked out and actually start gaining so if you only run a three month bulk you are really cutting down on the time that you are actually bulking….hence four months..

in the end it is all personal preference and your goals will dictate how long you bulk. This time around I am shooting to from 175 to 190 and i am planning on doing that from September to February so just about five months….
    Was originally gonna do but as its my first bulk it will take time to get used too so someone reccomended me four haha

Thanks!