SOS : can't lose weight AT ALL

Options
Hi. Before you start giving me out the usual advices, read through my post please.
I am doing everything right, no cheating. I eat well balanced meals, which usually consist of vegetables and fish, I also eat strawberries for vitamins and to avoid my sweet tooth. I've also been active - going jogging, walking long distances, riding a bicycle, doing all sorts of exercises.
My weight is staying the same and yesterday it even got up 1.3 pounds! At this point I am sitting and crying, cause I have always struggled with my weight (I am now 162lbs and 5'7 tall), which for me is NOT ok. I like myself when I'm at 143lbs, which leaves me to lose 19lbs, which usually at least at first come off quicker, but now it's not MOVING DOWN at all.
1. I know all the TDEE's and whatever the link is you always send me to - not working
2. I don't drink my calories, I only drink mineral water (still, of course)
3. My calorie net is just ****ing right

Can somebody please help me to get my weight moving? I am doing so much, I think I deserve to at least go a step closer to the body I am eating and working for... :((((((((((((

Replies

• dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    anyone? :/
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

Are you using a kitchen scale to measure everything you eat? Are you counting EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth? Are you using a HRM to calculate your exercise burns?
  • dartaaa
    Options
    I know everything I put in my mouth, I count calories as a religion, I also count the sodium, sugars, carbohydrates etc. what I eat. That's the thing, I know all of that stuff, I am following all of those rules and nothing.

I had my sugar level tested- it was fine, my thyroid is alright too. I don't know what it is, so I am asking hoping someone who's been there, who knows what the problem might be.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    whats your body fat % ?

whats your LBM ?

have you got anyone who could follow the same diet as you near by?

have you had your thyroid checked?

are you a carbon based life form?
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Yes, but: are you using a scale? This is very important.

Open your diary if you want practical advice.
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that doing exercise that my body isn't used to, made my weight come off quicker.
    For example, I have danced all my life so I thought that getting back into dancing would be great for weight loss but it didn't really make a huge difference. Mainly because (I think) it's not a 'shock' on my body.
    So, I've taken up Pole Fitness which works my upper body strength and my core more than the other dancing I have always done.
    The weight seemed to come off quicker since I've been going.
    I've also found Jillian Michaels videos on YouTube have been really helpful too, I do a variation of the 'Six week six pack' and the '30 day shred'
    I'm no expert but maybe it's something you've not tried yet :) Good luck hun xx
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hi. Before you start giving me out the usual advices, read through my post please.
    I am doing everything right, no cheating. I eat well balanced meals, which usually consist of vegetables and fish, I also eat strawberries for vitamins and to avoid my sweet tooth. I've also been active - going jogging, walking long distances, riding a bicycle, doing all sorts of exercises.
    My weight is staying the same and yesterday it even got up 1.3 pounds! At this point I am sitting and crying, cause I have always struggled with my weight (I am now 162lbs and 5'7 tall), which for me is NOT ok. I like myself when I'm at 143lbs, which leaves me to lose 19lbs, which usually at least at first come off quicker, but now it's not MOVING DOWN at all.
    1. I know all the TDEE's and whatever the link is you always send me to - not working

Can somebody please help me to get my weight moving? I am doing so much, I think I deserve to at least go a step closer to the body I am eating and working for... :((((((((((((

Based on this sounds like you have it all figured out....kind of tough to help when you basically say "I have it figured out"

My only guess would be water retention. Are you drinking enough water? Last week I was 181# and I read up on water retention and drinking more water. So I started drinking a crap ton of water - talking pissing like a race horse - and by the end of the week I was down to 176...as of today I was 177.2, but I did a carb re-feed last night so that might be making that number a little inflated.

Sometimes your body will retain water and you have to find a way to make it let that go and then you will start losing again...
  • xxxMumof2xxx
    Options
    Is the photo on your profile you? Are you sure you have weight to loose... Maybe you really have nothing that can be lost.

(Bla, bla, I know it will annoy somebody that I wrote that :smile: )
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Is the photo on your profile you? Are you sure you have weight to loose... Maybe you really have nothing that can be lost.

(Bla, bla, I know it will annoy somebody that I wrote that :smile: )

I was thinking same thing..

based on OP's responses I am suspecting that this is a BS thread....
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You talk about how "usually" 20 pounds comes off easily and what weight you like yourself at.

How big a deficit are you eating at?
    How many times have you yo-yo'd?
  • dartaaa
    Options
    In the picture it is me at my ideal weight, which is - 9 kg (-19lbs) from where I am now. I know where I need to get, and it is not a BS thread. I, just like everyone else, want to get where I feel good about my body and I think I am doing it all right, but I'm just not losing weight.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you go see a nutritionist. They can scrutinize you diet and help you make adjustments to kick start your weight loss. You may need a different source of protein than fish, I do better if I switch my protein up and my exercise to keep my body guessing.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    Is this topic just a rant??! Can you be doing REALLY "everything" right, if you are asking us on here why you are gaining and not losing?

You probably need MORE water and to rest from overexercise? AND a super warm epsom salt body bath? And a mini-trampoline to warm up and down with. Are you or have you used fiber suplements to "lose weight" up to this point? If so, without enough water, you can clog or you have already too easily shed "weight" and are now making up for it. Sometimes a beer ot two (as a meal replacement) helps, because body needs something different to work on.

Edit: A pound is STILL 3,500 calories. If you keep doing the "right" thing, remembering that a "small" 2 pound weekly loss is a deficit of 1,000 calories per day, it's easy to understand that "real" weight loss DOES take effort.

"Easy" before might have been a higher percentage of water loss around healthy organs. As we get older, and yo-yo diet, the organs take "health" hits and actually need to retain water especially around areas where any kind of toxins can and continue to accumulate. There are whole studies based on how cleansing our blood, deep breathing and shaking your lymphatic system (mini-trampoline) can help folks recover. The type of calorie, and actual quantity of each type really matters as to what kind of water retention one has. It also matters if there is additional injury AND how the body actually metabolizes (different ratios and nutritents really matter.) I hope this helps some.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    In the picture it is me at my ideal weight, which is - 9 kg (-19lbs) from where I am now. I know where I need to get, and it is not a BS thread. I, just like everyone else, want to get where I feel good about my body and I think I am doing it all right, but I'm just not losing weight.

I'm not sure how anyone can help if you won't tell what you're actually doing, rather than assuring us you're doing it all right.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Your diary is closed.

Therefore we cannot help.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You skipped the part where someone asked you if you use a food scale. You're eating more than you think you are and burning fewer calories than you think you are.

If you're not losing, then that's the answer. Get a food scale and start eating foods by gram weight.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 7 as well. 160 is a normal BMI. Perhaps "you're" not happy where your weight is, but "your body" is.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options

If you were 'doing it right' then you would be losing weight no? Thus you obviously are not....If you are convinced and unwilling to accept this then no one here can help you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 7 as well. 160 is a normal BMI. Perhaps "you're" not happy where your weight is, but "your body" is.

5'7, 160 lbs is actually just in the "overweight" category of BMI. Not that BMI is overly useful, but facts are facts.