SOS : can't lose weight AT ALL

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If you're doing it all right then you should be losing. That said, a 1.3 pound swing is nothing to panic about as our bodies change weight when we eat, drink, sweat, exercise, and relieve ourselves.

So, about that food scale . . .
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Why create a post, and then bump it 8 minutes later if you're doing everything right, and you know everything?

(waiting for the 'Everyone here is so RUDE' post!)
  • TheVeganFrenchie
    Options
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.

Amen.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with everyone else. You're not really leaving room for advice- I feel like anything I say will be shot down with some form of "I know this already" reply. Would you mind opening your diary so we can take a peek and try to help you figure this out? I also agree that you don't look like you have much to lose. I'm down to the last 10-15 lbs and I haven't lost anything in weeks. It's really hard to lose weight when you don't have much to lose- it's a very slow process. The only other thing I can suggest is taking pictures and/or measurements. Sometimes those show more than the scale, espeically when you have so little to lose.

Just one more thing I feel needs saying; If you really want our help, you need to be open to our advice. Asking for help and then saying you know it all isn't going to get you anywhere.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Measure 75g dry pasta.
    2. put it on the side.
    3. Go out and buy a food scale.
    4. Get home and weigh pasta.
    5. Put the extra 75g back in the box/packet.
    6. Cook the reamining 75g pasta.

There you go!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Something is amiss...
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    eat less move more
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    See your doctor.
    I know it sounds overly simplistic but I did the same.

I did my TDEE calculations and ate according to that, worked out heavy with weights 3x wkly, was active during the day etc. FOR YEARS...(except the part about TDEE, I learned that here and tried it from January till April to no avail). Ate less, ate more, moved more etc.

I happened to go to the doctor to see about what I thought were digestive issues...wrong. Metabolic disease slowly creeping on.

I balanced my metabolism and the weight is now falling off. If you've tried everything, I suggest you see a doctor.
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't believe anyone has asked what I consider to be a very important question:

How LONG have you been trying to lose weight? Are we talking months, weeks, or the typical "I've been doing x, y, & z for a week and the weight won't come off, why?!"

I can easily fluctuate between 1 - 5 lbs in a week due to all sorts of factors, one mainly being water retention.

Take some measurements for starters and ditch the scale for a bit. Also in my experience (myself included), we tend to underestimate both food intake and exercise intake. You don't specify how long you are walking/biking/exercising and what types of exercise you are doing. If you don't get your heart rate up, you won't be getting much out of any of those activities as you would if you have your heart rate in the correct target zones.
  • veraprice
    veraprice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you only doing cardio. Try Crossfit or P90X. I just finished a round and lost 10 pounds, broke past the dreaded 155 that I have not been able to get past for the last 3 years. Down to 150.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't believe anyone has asked what I consider to be a very important question:

How LONG have you been trying to lose weight? Are we talking months, weeks, or the typical "I've been doing x, y, & z for a week and the weight won't come off, why?!"

I can easily fluctuate between 1 - 5 lbs in a week due to all sorts of factors, one mainly being water retention.

Take some measurements for starters and ditch the scale for a bit. Also in my experience (myself included), we tend to underestimate both food intake and exercise intake. You don't specify how long you are walking/biking/exercising and what types of exercise you are doing. If you don't get your heart rate up, you won't be getting much out of any of those activities as you would if you have your heart rate in the correct target zones.

Well we haven't gotten answers to any of the questions we have asked, so there's no reason to think she's interested in answering any additional ones....
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    1. Measure 75g dry pasta.
    2. put it on the side.
    3. Go out and buy a food scale.
    4. Get home and weigh pasta.
    5. Put the extra 75g back in the box/packet.
    6. Cook the reamining 75g pasta.

There you go!

^ Spot on
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Dartaa,

I'm going to assume that you don't understand what many others have already said and re-explain something in very simple terms.

If we can't see your diary, then we can't offer real suggestions based upon what you are doing. This works like a feedback loop. You measure, track, measure again, than adjust. If you aren't measuring and tracking then we can't offer suggestions for adjustments.

Someone needs to review your diary, which anyone in this thread would likely do, to offer meaningfull suggestions. In order for this to happen, you have to change your permissions.

Go to your settings link - which is up in the top right corner if the web page.

Next scroll down and look for your diary settings. It will be set to private or friends. If it is on friends, then you need to invite me or someone else who offered suggestions from this thread so we can review. Otherwise you can set it to public and all MFP users can view it.

Now if you are unwilling to do this and accurately track your food intake and activity, then we can not help you and you has wasted everyone's time. If you are new to this site, and your diary is empty, that is ok too. We may not have any suggestions at the moment but add a few of us as friends and we will help you over time.

I would consider this thread dead until the OP opens her diary.

Hope this helps.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    SHINEY HAPPY PEOPLE HOLDING HAND :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.

Yes, I love how people pay no attention to the ripped girl who did it right. I think they do that because they are afraid if they even talk to you they will get big muscles. *eyeroll*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yes, but: are you using a scale? This is very important.

Open your diary if you want practical advice.

This is my first thought as well.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Go to your settings link - which is up in the top right corner if the web page.

Next scroll down and look for your diary settings. It will be set to private or friends. If it is on friends, then you need to invite me or someone else who offered suggestions from this thread so we can review. Otherwise you can set it to public and all MFP users can view it.

Bet she know's that too... :laugh:
  • tinabarett
    tinabarett Posts: 11
    Options
    Check your thyroid levels
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.

Yes, I love how people pay no attention to the ripped girl who did it right. I think they do that because they are afraid if they even talk to you they will get big muscles. *eyeroll*

True. I'm all bulky and stuff :sad: It's contagious, you know.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have a question.

Do you own a digital food scale?