Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Wow. This stuff sounds like my worst nightmare.

wow @kkenseth ...fab new av
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

wow @kkenseth ...fab new av

Thanks!!

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

You look terrific!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It made me really pay attention to the amount of fat I was eating. The globs of fat in the toilet were ..troubling. I did lose weight due to more careful eating but when I stopped the drug I stopped paying as close attention over time, gsined it all back plus more.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My mother took this and quit after one week because of the anal leakage. I felt so sorry for her because she had high hopes.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I've never taken Alli, BUT, I do have a real world story to share.

I used to work at a furniture store... about 3 years ago. We once had a a female customer come into the store. Well, she had to make a break for the bathroom quite suddenly. After some time the salesperson who had been working with her complained (I was in customer service) that the lady never came back and that he'd wasted time with her. A handful of minutes passed and I went to the bathroom. What I saw I can never ever unsee.

Without going into too much gruesome detail, there was orange poo everywhere. The lady's clothes were in the trash, soiled. The lady was in one of the stalls hysterically crying. I left and told the manager about it. She went to help out the lady and basically gave her a sheet from one of the floor model beds to cover herself so she could leave the bathroom. The manager later told us the lady said she was taking Alli and she'd basically exploded everywhere. She apologized over and over. I felt bad for the lady. How embarassing and humiliating for her that must have been. Then the other customer service girl I worked with volunteered to clean the bathroom (we didn't have a cleaning service at the time, it was a brand new store). I didn't envy her position. It was the single most grossest thing I've ever seen (and I have 2 kids...so...).

So yeah... word of caution there....

Oh my dear god. Whhhoooaaaa :noway: That poor woman!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've never taken Alli, BUT, I do have a real world story to share.

I used to work at a furniture store... about 3 years ago. We once had a a female customer come into the store. Well, she had to make a break for the bathroom quite suddenly. After some time the salesperson who had been working with her complained (I was in customer service) that the lady never came back and that he'd wasted time with her. A handful of minutes passed and I went to the bathroom. What I saw I can never ever unsee.

Without going into too much gruesome detail, there was orange poo everywhere. The lady's clothes were in the trash, soiled. The lady was in one of the stalls hysterically crying. I left and told the manager about it. She went to help out the lady and basically gave her a sheet from one of the floor model beds to cover herself so she could leave the bathroom. The manager later told us the lady said she was taking Alli and she'd basically exploded everywhere. She apologized over and over. I felt bad for the lady. How embarassing and humiliating for her that must have been. Then the other customer service girl I worked with volunteered to clean the bathroom (we didn't have a cleaning service at the time, it was a brand new store). I didn't envy her position. It was the single most grossest thing I've ever seen (and I have 2 kids...so...).

So yeah... word of caution there....

All I can say is WOW!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Oh my good God

Yep. I've heard some horrible stories about this stuff.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I took Alli for about a month or so. I don't recall nightmare issues with the side effects but I was paranoid about keeping the fat in my diet to the recommended amount. I did lose weight but most of that was most likely from the diet change. I, of course, quit taking it and gained the weight back because my diet went back to what it was before.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Op, nothing can replace hard work. There's no magic pill or quick fix. If you want something, you must work for it. If these pills and gimmicks really worked, then we would all be thin. But instead, were on here counting calories . Cico. Eat less, move more. No quick fixes

And not wearing adult diapers!! yes!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Op, nothing can replace hard work. There's no magic pill or quick fix. If you want something, you must work for it. If these pills and gimmicks really worked, then we would all be thin. But instead, were on here counting calories . Cico. Eat less, move more. No quick fixes

And not wearing adult diapers!! yes!!

Or ending up having to get store employees wrap you up in a sheet to help you out to your car while they clean up a literal shiit bomb.

Yeah, literally, it was the stuff nightmares are made from. You can't unsee that crap. (pun intended)

:sick: