5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am about 5-6 as well and my goal is 155.

This ^^^
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" and my goal is around 140 with a body fat % of roughly 24%
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I'll jump into one of these again...I am 5 foot 5...goal is to be between 140 and 148 lbs with sub 20 % bodyfat. Goal one is 153 lbs. I am 165 ish lbs at the moment.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 1/2 and aim for 130-135lbs (but comfortable at 140).

I started off using using online weight charts (For height, gender & body frame) and they suggested 120-150. That is a bit vague & it's not always easy to figure out your body frame or muscle:fat ratio. You could be 150lbs of muscle or 120lbs of fat.

I go more by how I've looked at different weights by using photos.

120lbs - 27" waist - Too skinny, boney & scare crow-like. No *kitten* or boobs.
    130lbs - 28" waist - Slim/athletic with slight curves.
    140lbs - 29" waist - Slim with some curves.
    145lbs - 30" waist - Starting to get a belly & untoned look.
    148lbs - 31" waist - Starting to look bulky or chubby. Waist is gone, upper arms getting flabby.

I find the best thing is to go by what you see in the mirror. If you see some pudge, some bones, or places that could use some muscle or definition, then go by that :) I've also used sizing charts in clothing catalogues or websites to see what measurements I should be (i.e. I see which size I am closest to & use that as a reference).
  • coolturtlepie
    Options
    I am 19, about 5' 6.5" my goal weight is 135 and be mostly muscle mass. I've been down to 156 before and I was a size11/12. I liked the way I looked but I think I can do better. I think if I get down to that weight I'll be a 7/8, which would be great for me.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", currently 170, would like to cut to 150. I'm still just over 25% fat, which is really what I wish to change the most. I don't care what size I am, I just want to see pictures of myself where I don't look old and chunky! ; )

And I am using HIIT, lifting, triathlons, zumba, and whatever else comes my way to do it! But weights 3 days/week!

ETA: I am 45 yrs awesome (not old)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my original goal was 140. I'll see how I feel when I get there, but 125 would be the lowest I'd go.
  • PapasMaMitas
    Options
    im short pls add me
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 9st 7lbs (so 133 lbs)
  • _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My original goal was 135 lbs. I've been there though and realized I could safely lose more. My sports med doctor recommended a goal weigh of 125 lbs. I have scoliosis, bad knees, and chronic pain, so he feels the less weight, the better, and I agree.

I got down to 126 lbs last year, and while friends thought I looked too skinny, I felt great at that point. I think anywhere between 125 lbs and 135 lbs is pretty good for me. And I think I can weigh a little more because I rock climb and I'm fairly muscular. At 135 lbs my body fat % was 19.5, which is considered within the athletic range for a woman. I wouldn't mind getting down to 16% or so.
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 125-130 lbs. Right now I am 169 and definitely not satisfied with this weight.
  • suekitty3
    suekitty3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5'6", 45 years old, currently weighing 168. I would love to be 145-150, but I know that is unrealistic for me. Since I began struggling with thyroid issues (Graves Disease, now after treatment I'm hypothyroid) my energy levels are not where they used to be. I am aiming for 155 and will be perfectly content there.

Good luck to everyone!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    and that's s till over weight s o
    im 5'7
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am 22 years old. I am 5'5" and currently 153. My goal weight is 125. I do have a smaller frame. My doctor said she would like me to be between 125-130. I just picked 125 because when I was 130 I looked a little chubby. But, I looked fine when I was 125.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm about 5'5" and I'm now at 157. My dream would be to get to 125-130 but I am focusing more on where my BMI is. I want to be solidly in the healthy range and be able to maintain that. My goal is to be trim, firm and healthy.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 130. Been there before, can get there again. Once there, I may go 120. Though once I get to 120, I'd like to get back up to 130 but via muscle and tone up; not adding fat%.
  • bexfreeze
    bexfreeze Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently 224 my goal is 190 or below, working towards it , I havent been below 200lbs since middle school...
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame and body shape. I am far from my goal weight now but when I was working at a gym, training every day and in the best shape of my life I was 165 and loving how I looked. I'm 5'6.5. I woudl give ANYTHING to be there again. SO I am slowly but surely on my way back there.

Good luck.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Based on my current BF%, the high end of that would have me at 16% body fat! Ignore it.
  • lizard8504
    Options
    Hey. I find it hard to really KNOW what your ideal weight is or should be.
    I am 5'5'', and I feel that I would be happiest between 160 and 165. However, my doctor says that for my height, I should be 115. Now, I have a larger frame. When I was taking medical assisting classes, one professor told me to get a better idea of what size bones I have, is to feel my collar bone. You know that part that tends to stick out? That part. She told me that some people have bigger bones, and some smaller. Well I have bigger, thicker bones. Meaning that if I drop to 115, it would look bad on my frame. She helped me figure out that being at 150 would probably suit me best. When in high school at a size 14, I was 180 pounds. So I figured another 20+ pounds would bring me down to a size 12, which is fine for me. But according to the BMI, 160 is still obese for my height. I hate that thing.
    Hope this helps you in your journey.

Feel free to add me, us MFP gals need to stick together:wink: