12346»

Replies

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    This is very odd. If you are having painful spots and scaring on your face, you need to get to the doctor asap.

I also think you need to speak with your doctor about a referral to a therapist because you believe this condition is due to "all that crap" being pushed out of your skin. Realistically, that would never happen.

I wish you the best of luck.

Seriously? A therapist? :expressionless:

Yep. Thinking "all that crap" is being pushed out of your skin is disordered.

So, misinformation is disordered? Do you really believe that? Because, if so, you have been misinformed. In which case...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Woohoo this got heated fast.... OP, I have terrible adult acne and always have. Here's a helpful list. Read 1... then if that doesn't work...2.... then if that doesn't work.... etc

1. Do the very basic washing your face and not touching it thing and give it a FULL month of your cycle to determine results.

2. F*** foundation. I'm not kidding. Non-comedogenic (lacking ingredients known to clog pores) or not, I am convinced (as a sufferer of severe adult acne for years now) that foundation is the devil for acne-prone skin no matter how much the company (lookin at YOU bare minerals) tries to convince you it's fine. You know who needs foundation? People with acne who need to hide it. You know who doesn't? People with clear skin because they didn't wear foundation (feel free to keep your freak-outs to yourselves people, we're all aware this does not apply to everyone, the generalization is for emphasis only).

3. Benzoyl Peroxide, once daily. It oxidizes. Hence the name. P. acne virus, the cause of acne, flat-out dies when exposed to oxygen. BP oxygenates your pores and murders the virus that causes acne. It won't do a dam thing for blackheads, but sore painful whiteheads it's perfect for. I use it daily and have for years, and every dam time I stop, BOOM worst breakout ever. I'm a severe case though. I prefer the target off-brand one, it's got 10% BP in the cream, which is the absolute highest you can get without a prescription.

4. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and suggest blowing off hormonal birth control. I despise it. Screws my face up like crazy. For some people, the pill is actually their saving grace acne-wise, and for others it can be terrible. I'm one of those apparently rare individuals whose hormones are completely perfect until poked by outside forces, and then they become the devil instantly. So I got an IUD when I realized how godawful the pill was making my face (and chest, and back and thighs, and shoulders, and everywhere I shave omfg) look. Did WONDERS. Again, you may be totally opposite, you'd have to test it out

5. Accutane is the devil. Don't do it. It's not worth it.

6. If none of the above work, bearing in mind you have to give them time to work, you're gonna have to suck it up and find the copay to see a dermatologist. Maybe you wait til the end of the year so you've already met your deductible and then the insurance will usually cover it. December is a hot month for doctor-seeing.

I know how miserable this is (do I ever...) but the likely case is that for you, since you don't have a history of moderate/severe cystic acne, is that it'll go away with some minor skin care changes. I just wanted this here for the people like me, and so you have a backup plan just to make you feel better. Best of luck;)
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is very odd. If you are having painful spots and scaring on your face, you need to get to the doctor asap.

I also think you need to speak with your doctor about a referral to a therapist because you believe this condition is due to "all that crap" being pushed out of your skin. Realistically, that would never happen.

I have a degree in Psychology, I am fully aware of my thought process and my healthy state of mind :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Any change you make can cause a change in body chemistry, which can result in skin problems until your body adjusts.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well just a check back in, my skins clearing up :) and unfortunately won't be a MFP pregnancy announcement, thanks for all the help
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    unfortunately won't be a MFP pregnancy announcement, thanks for all the help

What? You mean there's not going to be a MFP nativity play now? Boooo.

Still, it would have been impossible to have a play because....

.....wait for it.....

You're never going to find three wise men and a virgin on MFP...

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »

So, misinformation is disordered? Do you really believe that? Because, if so, you have been misinformed. In which case...

19092608.jpg