WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE -- yes, this is a continuation of our Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh yesterday because apparently I have the flu. Boo! I plan to weigh when I can stand on the scale by myself without falling over.
  • amaclean61
    amaclean61 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Didn't do well this week - didn't track so I gained a pound - going to do better next week
    SW: 208.6
    CW: 209.4
    Total Loss since starting this challenge: -1
    Challenge Goal Weight: 190
  • laurastonge
    laurastonge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *Meant to do this yesterday! :(*

Here is my weigh in results...

SW: 210

12/8: 201.5 lbs

12/15: 202.5 lbs

net loss: -7 lbs

My birthday was this week. I kind of treated myself while still doing my workouts. I am pretty happy I only gained a pound, but immediately after my birthday, I fell ill. I have been fighting a stomach flu and only been on a liquid and mild solid diet. I barely have moved, let alone work out. I am beginning to feel better and look forward to exercising again. I might take a bit of a small break (not push myself as hard) until I have fully recovered. Yesterday was the first day I didn't need to spend forever worshiping the latrine god (sorry too much info...).

We will see if I can't go past 200 by next week! I hope so!
  • sarahfay1985
    sarahfay1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry i am a day late, Tuesday got away from me.

SW:220 lbs

12/8: 218 lbs

12/15 217 lbs

Lost 3 pounds over all
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Crwest123 wrote: »
    Hi, Is it to late to start?

Welcome!! Never too late to start!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    nakindra wrote: »
    Is it too late to join this challenge?

Welcome!! Never too late to start
  • hillcrestbaby
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

When chaos threatens to destroy your day and the days goals, just try to simplify things. Make your life easy by just focusing on what you know are good easy choices. Strive to maintain clarity in all things and your life will fall effortlessly into place one day and one choice at a time.
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    dkingdom1 wrote: »
    This post is long, sorry!

SW: 170
    W1- November 30: 162
    W2- December 10: 166
    CW (W3)- December 15: 170

I do have TOM right now, but last time I had TOM I was 166 (and then the weight dropped off to 159 and slowly went back up), so I know I've gained weight. And that, pertaining to loosing weight, all those four months of excercise did jack squat. :(

I know people say not to do this, but I'm honestly waiting for those five weeks off I have from college because I'm not ready to make the change rn. All I know is that I AM disappointed in myself (and I let myself eat whatever whenever, so I knew it was going to happen). I'm at that point where I feel like I have an underlying issue going on that's not addressed and therefore, not making me lose the weight I want to lose.

Oh well, I'll quote from a song now:

"and it's alright and it's coming on
    We gotta get right back to where we started from
    Love is good, love can be strong
    We gotta get right back to where we started from" :smiley:

Today I weighed myself again (this time, with my stomach empty and only having a small coffee beforehand) and I weighed 167lbs so turns out I was overreacting a bit. But still, I need to be careful this week. Today I logged my food. The goal this week is to log all my food.
  • CitrusEscape
    CitrusEscape Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'6", 22 years old, medium frame

Sw: 145lbs
    Cw: 122.2lbs
    Gw: 115lbs
    Lost 3lbs in a week doing the keto diet!
    I'm feeling great while burning off the fat.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Crap, I forgot to weigh in. You'll get good numbers tomorrow.
  • katlynviverette
    katlynviverette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joining in now ☺
    24 years old 5'7
    SW 189
    GW by 2/28 165
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought I had checked in yesterday but do not see my post.

SW - 154.6
    CW - 12/15 - 150.2
    GW - 132

Net loss: 4.4
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    12/14/15

12 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS....here is my rendition of 12 days before Chrismtas and sharing 12 of the BEST REASONS for making permanent healthy lifestyle changes into the next season for me.

In making the needed changes...

1) I'll like myself better
    2) My metabolism won't plummet
    3) I won't deal with guilt
    4) I'll save on finances
    5) I won't over consume (eat) and over consume (think)
    6) I'll lose weight and reach my goal
    7) I'll fit into my clothes and save money on having to buy larger sizes!
    8) I'll like my body better
    9) When I'm happy with how I feel, it reflects to others in a positive way
    10) I'll set a good example for my friends and family and quiet my inner fears
    11) I'll find rest for my soul
    12) I'll be transformed

WHAT ARE YOUR 12 BEST REASONS? Please share!

I love that you shared these. It's hard to write 12 reasons when I feel there are millions of them. So I'll go with the first ones that come to my mind.
    1. To prove myself that I can do it, that I am strong and I am worth it
    2. To stop feeling too heavy (this is a multidimensional feeling I believe many of you know... Including difficulty when moving and joint pain that you didn't have before you put on so much)
    3. To be healthier and not worry when I have to see my lab results
    4. To feel more secure about myself. Not to worry that my new coworkers will think I'm lazy and unpleasant
    5. To make my husband happy. He loves me no matter how bad I look and keeps trying to feed me more but I know he will be happy to meet that girl he firstly fell in love with again.
    6. To fit into my old clothes and not spend money on large and ugly ones. Shopping is a lot more fun when everything fits
    7. Just to show off. Yeah,I want to amaze my friends and to make my enemies jealous. Ugly but true!
    8. To inspire others
    9. To occupy less space on couches
    10. Not to feel guilty about eating
    11. To be stronger physically and mentally
    12. To set an example for my kid
  • tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Female
    5'5"
    SW:190
    GW: 180

I want to join! I hit a set back due to laziness. This will help me keep on track!
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi! Need some motivation, would love to join! I'm at my heaviest ever and I have lost weight before I think being incredibly busy has made me loose focus. Need to hammer down cannot stand being this heavy :(
    SW: 217 (12/17)
    GW: 190 (for this challenge)
    UGW: 160
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in!

Starting weight: 160
    Current weight: 157
    Goal weight: 155
    Lbs lost: 3

I'll weigh in again in 2 weeks - I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. Have a lovely holiday, and keep up the fantastic work. :)
  • freshfaceddoll
    freshfaceddoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Joining late, but better than never. Groups like this help hold me accountable in a non-personal way, which works for me. I'm re-joining MFP after several failed attempts - I need to stick to it this time. It's the only thing that works.

Height: 167cm
    Initial weight (18/12/2015): 75.8kg
    Goal weight (by the end of this challenge): literally anything lower tbh; the closer I get to 70kg the better.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE! Keep checking in to our discussion board for encouraging words! Today marks 20 days gone, 70 days left in our Winter Weight Loss Challenge!

• hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

For those of you who have been absolutely ON TRACK to do all that you have planed to do in these recent days and weeks with nutrition and exercise, a great reward will come to you!

When you are consistent, 80% or even 90% of the time, your REWARD will be RESULTS and results will bring you across the finish line to victory!

Watch and be amazed!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

Can it be a mistake that ‘STRESSED’ is ‘DESSERTS’ spelled backwards?” ~Unknown

This quote makes me laugh and cry every time I read it! I began this challenge as you all know (from my beginning statement) to not just lose weight and reach 'MY' goal, but to have a place where everyone could be encouraged along the way. Since the start of our Winter Challenge, I have barely lost anything, travel has encroached on my plans in every possible way--where eating out was more of norm than, dessert became a nightly event, and exercise has been minimal at best. So today I begin again because I am REFUSING to give up!

Life happens and choices are made, but I will stand on the truth that life will be far better at the end of this journey than when it started! I want to applaud you all for keeping on this narrow road that we've traveled together! Celebrate YOU today for making great choices!

P.s. No DESSERTS for me! Have a beautiful CHRISTMAS and don't forget to weigh in tomorrow!