WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE -- yes, this is a continuation of our Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Hi,

I started 12/7, but just saw this today.

SW:211
    GW: 189

Weighed this morning, CW: 204

From previous experience my weight loss drops in half after the first month, or IOW, in month 2 and 3 combined I have lost what I lost in month 1 alone.

I expect Christmas to be a challenge as I plan to cheat, but then also plan to immediately get back on track in order to meet a short term goal of 199 by 01/09.

My longer term goal is to be at 175 by my birthday in April, which is what I weighed when I moved to this new state in September 2013 and my eating habits went to hell for various reasons.
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    edited December 2015
    12 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS....here is my rendition of 12 days before Christmas and sharing 12 of the BEST REASONS for making permanent healthy lifestyle changes into the next season for me.

In making the needed changes...

1) I'll like myself better
    2) My metabolism won't plummet
    3) I won't deal with guilt
    4) I'll save on finances
    5) I won't over consume (eat) and over consume (think)
    6) I'll lose weight and reach my goal
    7) I'll fit into my clothes and save money on having to buy larger sizes!
    8) I'll like my body better
    9) When I'm happy with how I feel, it reflects to others in a positive way
    10) I'll set a good example for my friends and family and quiet my inner fears
    11) I'll find rest for my soul
    12) I'll be transformed

WHAT ARE YOUR 12 BEST REASONS?
  • hillcrestbaby
    12/14/15

12 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS....here is my rendition of 12 days before Chrismtas and sharing 12 of the BEST REASONS for making permanent healthy lifestyle changes into the next season for me.

In making the needed changes...

1) I'll like myself better
    2) My metabolism won't plummet
    3) I won't deal with guilt
    4) I'll save on finances
    5) I won't over consume (eat) and over consume (think)
    6) I'll lose weight and reach my goal
    7) I'll fit into my clothes and save money on having to buy larger sizes!
    8) I'll like my body better
    9) When I'm happy with how I feel, it reflects to others in a positive way
    10) I'll set a good example for my friends and family and quiet my inner fears
    11) I'll find rest for my soul
    12) I'll be transformed

WHAT ARE YOUR 12 BEST REASONS? Please share!

I love that you shared these. It's hard to write 12 reasons when I feel there are millions of them. So I'll go with the first ones that come to my mind.
    1. To prove myself that I can do it, that I am strong and I am worth it
    2. To stop feeling too heavy (this is a multidimensional feeling I believe many of you know... Including difficulty when moving and joint pain that you didn't have before you put on so much)
    3. To be healthier and not worry when I have to see my lab results
    4. To feel more secure about myself. Not to worry that my new coworkers will think I'm lazy and unpleasant
    5. To make my husband happy. He loves me no matter how bad I look and keeps trying to feed me more but I know he will be happy to meet that girl he firstly fell in love with again.
    6. To fit into my old clothes and not spend money on large and ugly ones. Shopping is a lot more fun when everything fits
    7. Just to show off. Yeah,I want to amaze my friends and to make my enemies jealous. Ugly but true!
    8. To inspire others
    9. To occupy less space on couches
    10. Not to feel guilty about eating
    11. To be stronger physically and mentally
    12. To set an example for my kid

Thanks so much for sharing your 12....not many have, but it's a good visual activity! You should print them out and put them up where you can be reminded of them! All the best and have a great holiday!
  • I might be a bit late for the party but can I still join? :3

SW: 163 (ages ago)
    CW: 136.6
    GW: 121(for the challenge)
    UGW: 110

• yemi50
    yemi50 Posts: 1 Member
    I hope its not to late to.
    SW: 145
    GW 130
  • caednkat
    caednkat Posts: 38 Member
    WHAT ARE YOUR 12 BEST REASONS?

Hmm....

First my weigh in for this week.
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 353
    Sw for challange: 272.8
    CW: 272.6 (-.02)
    GW (for this challenge) :247.8

I'm thrilled with my weigh in today. So far this month I've been on vacation for a full week. That included visiting family and going to holiday parties and eating out 3 meals a day for 6days in Gatlinburg TN. Since we got home from vacation it's been full on Christmas madness. Cookie baking days, shopping etc. I haven't gotten time to exercise like I normally do. So to have not gained in all of that I'm thrilled.

I've also increased my water a ton since meeting with my CDE last week. I started that on Saturday (aiming for 103 ounces a day) and she said that when I first start that I could expect a gain of a couple of pounds for a few days while my body adjusts.

My 12 reasons for making changes....
    1. I love my life and I don't want to sit and just watch it pass by. I want to live it.
    2. I have 4 wonderful children that I want to be around to see grow up.
    3. I dream of traveling with the hubby when the kids are all grown and out of the house.
    4. I want to be a active and fun Grandma one day. It's a long term goal.
    5. I don't want to end up like my grandmother who had Type 2 and didn't control it. She lost her vision, her kidney function and then right before passing several toes. Her life was miserable for the last few years of it. I want better for myself.
    6. Because I feel awesome when I exercise and take care of myself.
    7. Because I want to be the person God intended for me to be. He couldn't have meant for me to just lay around the house and ignore doing things because it hurt so badly to walk a few feet. That's where I was this time last year.
    8. Because shopping for clothes is fun! I've never enjoyed it before now.
    9. Because it's fun to out run/walk my teenagers.
    10. Because I have 4 sets of eyes watching me and doing exactly what I do. Proof of that is the yoga poses my 4 and 2 yr olds were doing in all the pictures I took on vacation.
    11. Because I'm worth it. I'm a strong woman and my body is capable of so much more then I ever gave it credit for.
    12. Because I have a family full of people with Type 2 and I want them to see that they can control it too. At last count I have 14 family members that I'm close with that have Type 2 already and really don't bother to care for themselves too much. I want them to see me control it. Since this is my family history and my kids family history I want my kids to see me control it in case they end up having issues when they get older.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Week 3
    SW 167
    CW 163 7
    GW 155
    Lost this week .3 - in spite of all the Xmas goodies!
  • yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Just seen this today. I'd love to join! :)
    Sw (as of Oct 12/15): 240lbs
    Cw: 221lbs
    Gw: 195 (2/28/16)
    Good luck to everyone!! :D
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    My 12 reasons for making changes....
    1. I love my life and I don't want to sit and just watch it pass by. I want to live it.
    2. I have 4 wonderful children that I want to be around to see grow up.
    3. I dream of traveling with the hubby when the kids are all grown and out of the house.
    4. I want to be a active and fun Grandma one day. It's a long term goal.
    5. I don't want to end up like my grandmother who had Type 2 and didn't control it. She lost her vision, her kidney function and then right before passing several toes. Her life was miserable for the last few years of it. I want better for myself.
    6. Because I feel awesome when I exercise and take care of myself.
    7. Because I want to be the person God intended for me to be. He couldn't have meant for me to just lay around the house and ignore doing things because it hurt so badly to walk a few feet. That's where I was this time last year.
    8. Because shopping for clothes is fun! I've never enjoyed it before now.
    9. Because it's fun to out run/walk my teenagers.
    10. Because I have 4 sets of eyes watching me and doing exactly what I do. Proof of that is the yoga poses my 4 and 2 yr olds were doing in all the pictures I took on vacation.
    11. Because I'm worth it. I'm a strong woman and my body is capable of so much more then I ever gave it credit for.
    12. Because I have a family full of people with Type 2 and I want them to see that they can control it too. At last count I have 14 family members that I'm close with that have Type 2 already and really don't bother to care for themselves too much. I want them to see me control it. Since this is my family history and my kids family history I want my kids to see me control it in case they end up having issues when they get older.

Love your reasons. They mirror my own. I have a 10 year old daughter and family history of pretty much 100% Type 2 diabetes, and at least 1 Type 1 and some autoimmune stuff too. Seeing people become disabled due to losing their feet is pretty strong motivation. I like having feet and I don't want to be that kind of burden on other people if I can prevent it.
  • rudhrapriya
    rudhrapriya Posts: 2 Member
    Can I join this challenge stil? I am 21 days late already.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Can I join this challenge stil? I am 21 days late already.

Welcome!!!
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    starting weight December 1 was 312.
    My goal weight for February 29 is 277
    Current weight is 300.8 down 11.2! Just about is twoderland!
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    SW was 95.8 kg
    last week: 95 kg
    CW - 93.8 kg
    This is my best week so far. 1,2 kg (2,6 lbs I think) in one week. 1 cm off waist and 1 cm off hips.
  • freshfaceddoll
    freshfaceddoll Posts: 4 Member
    Height: 167cm
    Initial weight (18/12/2015): 75.8kg
    Weigh-in 1 (22/12/2015): 76.2 kg

Total weight loss so far: - 0.4 kg

Honestly it looks like I did bad, but considering my TOM started yesterday, I think the extra weight can be accounted for. Also, I did only join four days ago, so I wasn't expecting any massive change weight-wise regardless.

Still: I'm proud of myself because I've logged everything I've eaten for the past three days, even when I ate badly/overate. And I consistently weighed myself every morning. So that's a success, regardless of what the scales say.
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    nutmeg96 wrote: »
    I'm in this time! It was so interesting to read your Fall loss challenge!

SW: 204.6lbs
    GW: 190lbs

Today's weigh in!

Last week: 204.6lbs
    Today: 202.2lbs!

Last week: 202.2lbs
    Tuesday: 204.6lbs

I gained water weight because I was celebrating my 19th birthday on Saturday and had been celebrating for 3 days in total! Hoping to start losing weight again soon! Would love to get down to 200lbs by New Year!

Last week: 204.6lbs
    Today: 202lbs!!

I'm getting closer to my goal!!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Beginning Weight: 234.2
    Starting Challenge Weight: 218.2 (12/12/15)
    Weight 12/12/15: 218.2
    Current Weight: 216.2 (12/22/15
    Total Loss since starting this challenge: 2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 193
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    alizesmom wrote: »
    Starting a bit late but I'm in!
    SW 202 (12/22/14)
    CW 137.8
    GW (for 2/29/16) 128
    62 yo 5ft 1in female.

New CW 135
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    SW 158
    CW 156

Down 2 lbs in about a month
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    edited December 2015
    SW 185.4 (Dec 10)
    CW 180.8
    GW 170
    Ultimate GW 140

4.6 pound loss. This is much quicker than I usually drop but its because I've been really sick all last week and unfortunately so far this week too.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    SW: 121lbs
    CW: 119.6lbs

Numbers went up at least a pound since the previous weigh in but that's not surprising considering all the extra food finding its way into my mouth now.

My next weigh in is probably only going to be 3 weeks from now as the holidays are filled with too many social gatherings filled with food and drinks. It will be nice to see where the numbers fall on the scale once everything has returned to normal for about a week.