Fat sick and nearly dead

Options
12346»

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yes mine is the mega it's the bullet, processor, and blender. I'd like to get the milling blade and nut bag so I can make my own flours and butters. It will be interesting.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart last night and couldn't make a decision on the Ninjas. However, I knew my food processor could easily handle those smoothie recipes and is easier to clean than a blender. I made the Shamrock Smoothie with a few variations - used spring mix lettuces and a lot more of it (half of the 85 grams listed), subbed unsweetened almond milk for the coconut water, and added protein powder. Without the protein powder the cost worked out to $1.71 and with it $2.65. It's good, as I always find smoothies with banana and avocados to be. No kale, so no grassy taste, although I saw some organic baby kale that I may buy next time, cuz I like to eat cruciferous vegetables at every opportunity.

I like smoothies for breakfast, so will add some sort of green drink to the rotation until it gets too cold, at which point I will move it to my afternoon snack.

8f6e05a2459d403d359a6e9cb14dcd28.png

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I went to Walmart last night and couldn't make a decision on the Ninjas. However, I knew my food processor could easily handle those smoothie recipes and is easier to clean than a blender. I made the Shamrock Smoothie with a few variations - used spring mix lettuces and a lot more of it (half of the 85 grams listed), subbed unsweetened almond milk for the coconut water, and added protein powder. Without the protein powder the cost worked out to $1.71 and with it $2.65. It's good, as I always find smoothies with banana and avocados to be. No kale, so no grassy taste, although I saw some organic baby kale that I may buy next time, cuz I like to eat cruciferous vegetables at every opportunity.

I like smoothies for breakfast, so will add some sort of green drink to the rotation until it gets too cold, at which point I will move it to my afternoon snack.

8f6e05a2459d403d359a6e9cb14dcd28.png

If that is in line with the types of drinks you make, some of the options open up. We have one of the small bullet type blenders that will kill stuff like that just fine with minimal footprint and easy cleanup. It would be lacking for certain food types, and has no real juicing ability, but overall used right it does way more than I expected.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think we can all agree that fruit & veg is good for all of us and lots of people eat little or none. There is no reason to juice though.

Think you guys should watch 'Super Juice Me' Basically juicing is the only way to 'clean' our bodies and remove our illnesses. A couple of people on it I would just call plain old lazy
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that fruit & veg is good for all of us and lots of people eat little or none. There is no reason to juice though.

Think you guys should watch 'Super Juice Me' Basically juicing is the only way to 'clean' our bodies and remove our illnesses. A couple of people on it I would just call plain old lazy

I'd go just the opposite direction and advise people to completely ignore such blatant junk science BS. Your body has a liver and kidneys to "clean" itself and an immune system to ward off illnesses. Drinking juice doesn't "detox" you or cure illnesses and people who make those claims should be seen as what they are - tinfoil-hat wearing crackpots.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Juicing removes illnesses? Does it work on Ebola? AIDS? Cholera?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Of course not! Only AIDS.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

YsbKHg1.gif
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

No-you have to combine it with the salt water flush and diluted bleach flush to cure Ebola.

* note-not actually serious.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have a blast recipe that actually helps with the holiday bloat!

5oz of steamed sweet potato
    1tsp turmeric
    1tbsp flaxmeal
    1cup water or coconut milk

I did my own add ins:
    1 handful baby spinach kale mix
    5rasperries

It was awesome to relieve some bathroom issues with this and a very less bloat belly!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about sweet potatoes in smoothies - thanks for the recipe!

I'll add 42 grams of baby greens mix too, plus protein powder.