can't even manage to take 3000 steps in a day

Options
124»

Replies

• DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why can't you do 3000 steps? It's not that many steps or about 20 minutes walking.
    I own a convenience store where I stand at the cash register from noon to 6 p.m I can't walk away from there to take any steps as customers come in n leave constantly. Then 40 minutes ride back home. I come home and cook dinner, load the dishwasher, make kids do homework and clean up the house. I'm so tired by the end of the day that there is no energy left in me to go take the extra very much needed steps....and my schedule before noon is pretty much same like afternoon. Wake up, breakfast, send kids to school etc.
    That's why want to know how people manage their schedules for extra walking.....

Walk in place.. it was something I got from a Fitbit User... it will get you those steps.. and it will get you body moving.. walk in place between customers... I know you got time for that... and you would easily hit your 3k steps a day and lots more beyond that.... just an idea...

For me .. on my breaks that we have at work.. I go for a short walk.. in the time I have I can do a mile which is about 2k steps... quickly adds up and now walking in place as well... easily hit 10k and more...
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you have tendinitis in your foot, it's important to let it rest so it can heal. Get your exercise in other ways that don't stress your foot. Are you seeing a physical therapist?
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Oh, you've got this now!

Next thing you know you'll be starting a new thread called "How I get in 10000 steps by two so I can slack off for the rest of the day!"

Or "My secret to doing 20000 steps the easy way!"

Or "So you want to do 30000 steps a day? Here's my secret!"
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Oh, you've got this now!

Next thing you know you'll be starting a new thread called "How I get in 10000 steps by two so I can slack off for the rest of the day!"

Or "My secret to doing 20000 steps the easy way!"

Or "So you want to do 30000 steps a day? Here's my secret!"
    Hehehe! Can't wait for that to happen! Thanks!
  • sobiakhatoon
    Options
    If you have tendinitis in your foot, it's important to let it rest so it can heal. Get your exercise in other ways that don't stress your foot. Are you seeing a physical therapist?
    I did! When the accident happened ( you'll freak out if you know when thay happened.....years ago!)
    He said that its so minor that a cast won't have any affect on it. Was advised to wear cushioned up shoes and no pressure from exercise like running.
  • sobiakhatoon
    Options
    Why can't you do 3000 steps? It's not that many steps or about 20 minutes walking.
    I own a convenience store where I stand at the cash register from noon to 6 p.m I can't walk away from there to take any steps as customers come in n leave constantly. Then 40 minutes ride back home. I come home and cook dinner, load the dishwasher, make kids do homework and clean up the house. I'm so tired by the end of the day that there is no energy left in me to go take the extra very much needed steps....and my schedule before noon is pretty much same like afternoon. Wake up, breakfast, send kids to school etc.
    That's why want to know how people manage their schedules for extra walking.....

Walk in place.. it was something I got from a Fitbit User... it will get you those steps.. and it will get you body moving.. walk in place between customers... I know you got time for that... and you would easily hit your 3k steps a day and lots more beyond that.... just an idea...

For me .. on my breaks that we have at work.. I go for a short walk.. in the time I have I can do a mile which is about 2k steps... quickly adds up and now walking in place as well... easily hit 10k and more...
    Thanks!
  • sobiakhatoon
    Options
    tjcuts339 wrote: »
    airangel59 wrote: »
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/ask-hg-q-and-a/show/housewalking-daily-steps

I love my Fitbit & Vivofit....been walking for over 2 yrs since got my first Flex.

One day, one pound, one step

Love mine try to meet all challenges before dinner. Just like gym time commitment no retreat!! All in true to the game!!!! Feeling great meeting challenges. You will reach them and feel great too!
    Thanks!

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Pace when you don't have customers!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    How do you guys do it... please share tips on time management if you are successful with that to take steps as much as 5k or above
    Thanks
    Honestly, there are no can'ts if you have the ability to walk. There is "will not" and "refuse".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Kids are in school by 9am at the latest. Take away your 40 minute drive to work and another 45 to get ready for work and you STILL have more than 1.5 hours to figure out how to get in 3000 steps. Sorry, but that's PLENTY of time to just even walk 2 miles at a slow pace.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Different jobs can make it hard. I have a desk job, so I know how that is. I used to get at least 15k a day before I got my job, now I usually hit around 8k. Which is still pretty decent, but not nearly as high as I'd always like. But there are still some days where my boyfriend and I easily get to 20k, primarily because we don't have a car. So, walking to do our shopping really keeps us fit. If possible, maybe you could walk to the store every now and then instead of drive. If it's close enough, even just a 20 minute walk will get you about 3k steps.

Other tricks are parking farther from a building, taking family walks, walking your pets more if you have any, and even walking around the house more often between chores.

Squeezing it into your schedule isn't too hard. It seems like it at first, but once it becomes habit, it literally becomes part of your schedule. Just give it time, and you'll surpass the 3k goal in no time.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »

You can walk away if there isn't another customer in line, even if it's 2 or 3 steps away and then back again, basically pacing back and forth between customers. It's only a small change, but over time it will add up.
    That's exactly what I did today. And guess whattttt? I took all the awesome advice from you all and motivated myself. Took 10000 steps today! Huge accomplishment for me. Thanks to ALL of you!
    Im gonna take it easy tomorrow though. Will try to jit 5000 and gradually add steps everyda!

Oh, looks like you already surpassed it. :) Way to go.
  • sobiakhatoon
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »

You can walk away if there isn't another customer in line, even if it's 2 or 3 steps away and then back again, basically pacing back and forth between customers. It's only a small change, but over time it will add up.
    That's exactly what I did today. And guess whattttt? I took all the awesome advice from you all and motivated myself. Took 10000 steps today! Huge accomplishment for me. Thanks to ALL of you!
    Im gonna take it easy tomorrow though. Will try to jit 5000 and gradually add steps everyda!

Oh, looks like you already surpassed it. :) Way to go.
    Thanks!

• sobiakhatoon
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Kids are in school by 9am at the latest. Take away your 40 minute drive to work and another 45 to get ready for work and you STILL have more than 1.5 hours to figure out how to get in 3000 steps. Sorry, but that's PLENTY of time to just even walk 2 miles at a slow pace.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    Yes, you are right. I am now pretty much following what you advised me to do.
    Thanks!